Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please delete and be done with it. Thanks

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Please delete and be done with it. Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 04:30 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please delete and be done with it. Thanks

Old 10-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, you are NOT getting soft. You are just as confused and frustrated as the rest of us.

There is nothing WRONG with the HQ building, or the extra goodies you can buy, but there is some question as to the disbursement decisions concerning some 9 million dollars (cost of Muncie and building). Here is one for you. Consider that number for a moment and remember that the single choice you had in the decision process was to join the AMA or not.

The other part of that observation is that you found out about the decisions AFTER they were irrevocable. That sort of negates the importance of having a DVP since it does not take an officer to report historical events. We need to change this long term flaw.

I hope you get some good chili! Mind if I suggest we steal that idea from your club and use it in ours?

Jim Branaum
AMA LM 1428
Old 10-23-2002, 03:45 PM
GrnBrt

Ah man, not even the best chili in the world would get me out there!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to walk, move, squat or anything from the cold, to much metal still in the body. I will sit in front of the fire place and stay toasty warm thank you very much!!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:14 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim do you guys get snow? I put together a little webpage that shows what a NY winter Chili fly on Jan 1st can be like. Hope you enjoy it. I really like the last picture. I remember that day.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/sar/chili.htm

On ALMOST rare enough occassions we do get a flurry or two. In the 1980's we did get 13 inches one day. I threatened to move south.

Have you guys ever tried to fire up a turbine in that weather? Last year it was in the low 40's on Jan 1 and one of the guys had a F-104 that we could not get the turbine to light off. Something about not getting enough heat in the system on propane.

Jim Branaum
AMA LM 1428
Old 10-23-2002, 08:42 PM
GrnBrt

We are getting a wee bit off track from the original post, interesting reading yes, but still off course. Let's get back to Ken's original post and let it rip!!!!