Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:56 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ATTENTION CD'S

we won the battle i dont know about the war, talked to the district five vp, Jim Mcneill today on the fone he says that the ec changed the cd dues matter and there will be no change this year, he also says that he will sponser a move next year to keep it the same.

thanks fellows every one did a fine job in bringing this to the ama attention, job well DONE.

dennis1943
Old 10-29-2002, 04:06 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Think you Dennis, common sense prevails. We cannot afford the loss of any more CD's in our little part of the world here!

John
Old 10-29-2002, 04:56 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CD'S

I split this thread for all to see that a good thing happened for the AMA CD

My CD paper work will go out tomorrow

BV
Old 10-29-2002, 11:10 AM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Default Cd,s

Now I wonder if I will get my money back.
I did e-mail Jim McNeil and he did reply. Looks like others did too.
I was putting on 4 events a year and cut it in too.
I may pick up another now.
Thanks all.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:42 PM
jpflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default Great News

Good work Dennis and RCU. My wife and I are both CD's and we had decided to quit running events based on the AMA's prior actions. I can't believe that there is much money there to be saved anyway. At least somewhere, somebody at the AMA is listening. There are very few competition flyers left in our clubs, so we rarely if ever have a rule book event anyway. I think this pretty much the same through out the AMA. Hopefully, our AMA leaders will see this direction the AMA is taking and act accordingly. We'll see!
jpflyer
Old 10-31-2002, 07:12 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Default attn. CD's

Thank you Dennis, and RCU, I"ve been running the Mid Atlantic Jet Rally for the past 12 years and I probably would have next year and bit the bullet, but its nice to see someone step up to the plate and help get a valid point across.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Ted Boz
My Feedback: (2)

Default Another thought on CD's

I've wondered for some time if anyone was going to jump on the band wagon and stand up for the AMA CD/Leader Members. It looks like it has finally happened. Here's another nickels worth.

Does the AMA EC have any idea of what we put on the line each time we CD an event? If (God forbid) there is a bad injury, or worse yet, a fatal accident at your sanctioned event, who's going to end up as the "star" on the witness stand? Do they realize that the CD may have to give up time from work to go to court? Will they cover all his/her expenses during a hearing or trial? How about the sheer anguish of being involved in one of these situations?

Over the past 30 years I've CD'ed everything from an FAI World Record attempt to Q40 Pylon races. I don't regret one nickel I've spent or hour I've put in. I have always considered an incident as a possibility. By strictly enforcing the AMA competition/safety rules during the event I reduce the odds of a mishap. I'm sure that 99% of the CD's out there donate either money or equiptment that is worth at least as much or more than the AMA "free dues". (I probably spend that much just on the phone bill). $48 or $58 isn't the object. It's the principal of the thing!

Last thought - If the EC is worried about "freeloaders", i.e., get a CD license and pay no dues, then why don't they make qualifying for the free dues a little harder? Two sanctioned Fun Fly/Demo events for 1/2 off, 4 events for a free one. Or, one Class A event per year for the free one?

Ted Boz AMA 820
Old 11-04-2002, 01:10 AM
J_R

Ted

I think that there are a couple of things that need clarification. First, you may have noticed that whenever the discussion is brought up by the AMA it is that of 'earned memberships'. There is a reason for that. Included in earned memberships are the VP's, AVP's, CD's and anyone else that previously got a free membership for effort. (i.e. they were doing it to themselves too).

The second is that the start date was rolled back. The EC decided that it was not fair to say, in July, to someone that earned a membership in March, that he/she would not get their membership.

As it stands right now, the new structure will go into effect next year. The EC has already acknowledged that revisiting this issue MAY be necessary.

JR
Old 11-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whaaaattt??

Originally posted by J_R
Ted
//snip//

The second is that the start date was rolled back. The EC decided that it was not fair to say, in July, to someone that earned a membership in March, that he/she would not get their membership.

As it stands right now, the new structure will go into effect next year. The EC has already acknowledged that revisiting this issue MAY be necessary.

JR
Where does this come from JR?

The current web does not say that. My dues bill did not say that.
I CDeed a meet in Feb. 02 and in April 02, both properly reported. My 03 dues bill was for 50% of $58 or$29 then less 50% Old timers discount, $5, for a bill of $24. (My payment was for that plus 25 for site maintenance plus a hunerd fer the museum.)
The new rates are for 2003, like the next one starting a week after Santa comes in less than 2 months. Better be good there JR.

HC
Old 11-04-2002, 01:51 AM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default ????????????

HORRACE,

I WAS TOLD BY JIM THAT THE AMA EC REPEALED THE CD FEE THIS YEAR WHICH MEANT THAT IF YOU CD'ED A FUNCTION YOU WOULD GET THIS YEAR FOR FREE.

DENNIS
Old 11-04-2002, 02:07 AM
J_R

Horrace

Betcha a cup of coffee?

The other post is fact. Now some guessing with more facts. Do you remember how all those with earned memberships were wondering where thier renewal was? HQ held them as long as possible, but the issue was not decided until the EC meeting. By then the renewals had been held as long as possible and were sent.

Jim McNeill, the Dist V VP has now created an accounting nightmare. If all had sent their money, as you did, it's fairly easy to issue partial credits for next year. Now, some will pay and some won't causing a real mess.

I only posted to set the facts straight after McNeill released misleading information.

JR
Old 11-04-2002, 03:40 PM
J_R

The information on this issue was posted on the AMA web page this morning.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templates/ama/[/URL]
Old 11-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Well, Well

Originally posted by J_R
The information on this issue was posted on the AMA web page this morning.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templates/ama/[/URL]

Did I not mention this kind of back tracking in my published campaign statement?

Thanks EC

HC
Old 11-04-2002, 05:45 PM
J_R

[PHP]Did I not mention this kind of back tracking in my published campaign statement?

Thanks EC

Horrace

I think that the EC made the fair and proper decision when they revisited their action. The only mistake was the leak that will now cause additional work for the already hardworking folks at HQ.

Remember, the only real mistake is not to correct your mistakes, at least in my opinion.

JR