Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA ELECTION BALLOT 2005

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA ELECTION BALLOT 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
horace315
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA ELECTION BALLOT 2005

I just received my ballot form for 05,i went to the AMA web sight and read the statements by the two candidates on the ballot.
there is a section 3 on the ballot card that has writ-ins,where on the Internet or AMA web sight would i find any other statements or names as a write-in?
i intended this to be a little sarcastic,because there are only two choices on section 1 of the ballot,i could put my name as a write-in and get 1 vote but if it were on section 1 of the form wouldn't i get more votes just for being another choice?Maybe I'm missing something it just seems odd to me.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA ELECTION BALLOT 2005

Got my ballot too. Pretty slim pickins for choices. I will probally vote for Hossfly just so he will either "put up" or "shut up"! Wish more people would have gotten their name on the ballot so I wouldn't have to cast my vote for someone who irratates me so much. He thinks he can do better than the current VP, so I am all for giving him his shot. My vegas bet would be that he will fall right in with the "click" within a few months if he gets in, but we'll see!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 PM
horace315
My Feedback: (15)

well sometimes it takes someone very irritating to get their point across.when i was working we had union stewards and the good ones that would fight the best usually made supervisor,because they were such an irritation to management.......lol.if they made supervisor they couldn't be stewards.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

My vegas bet would be that he will fall right in with the "click" within a few months if he gets in, but we'll see!
I'd bet he gets something like 3 to 5 % of the vote, no more. That what happened last time around, and scant little has changed.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ckangaroo70 , why didn't you run?

oh..and it is "clique"

Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

oh..and it is "clique"

I would do a terrible job! AMA would be broke in a month. This is why I am glad there are those smarter than me who are willing to run for positions like this. They put themselves in front of everyone to be judged, and may the best man win!

"clique" spelled like that just looks so french. "click" spelled like I spelled it, looks exactly like a dumb American like me would spell it!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Hossfly

Got my ballot too. Pretty slim pickins for choices. I will probally vote for Hossfly just so he will either "put up" or "shut up"! Wish more people would have gotten their name on the ballot so I wouldn't have to cast my vote for someone who irratates me so much. He thinks he can do better than the current VP, so I am all for giving him his shot. My vegas bet would be that he will fall right in with the "click" within a few months if he gets in, but we'll see!

Thanks for the support regardless of the reasons. If you wish to really investigate if I will "....fall right in with the "click"..." you may be interested in my time as a DVP for District VI 79'-'82. Available to all in the MA mags in the AMA web Members Only section.

My interests, goals, and loyalties are to The Academy Of Model Aeronautics' established purposes, and the membership thereof, which is to promote the SPORT and RECREATION of model aviation. As it is written, "Leaders are like eagles, they don't flock, you find them one at a time."

While many good leaders may not be the most popular personality with the total public, sometimes the learned public recognizes those that accomplish things. I felt that way when the EC nominating committee refused to place me on the ballot for a second term, yet the good people in AMA Dist. VI were alert enough to maintain me in office with a firm majority (back then it required 51% to be elected) of WRITE-IN votes. Of course there were those that flock, and those that had a finger in the plum-pie that still scream about how bad I was/am, yet they never seem to present any specific reasons.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28549.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	332127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26616.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	332128  
Old 10-01-2005, 01:56 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
I felt that way when the EC nominating committee refused to place me on the ballot for a second term, yet the good people in AMA Dist. VI were alert enough to maintain me in office with a firm majority (back then it required 51% to be elected) of WRITE-IN votes. Of course there were those that flock, and those that had a finger in the plum-pie that still scream about how bad I was/am, yet they never seem to present any specific reasons.
Since a lot of the respondents herein were not around TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO, why don't you bring them up to date on that little fiasco ?

I mean, did you resign the D VI slot _before_ the write-in campaign, or _after_ the write-in campaign ?

While you're at it, perhaps you could enlighten the other respondents herein regarding the _reason_ the nominating committee refused to put you on the ballot for a second term ?

I seem to recall something about the AMA President telling you to either behave in EC meetings or you'd get tossed out. True or false ?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:01 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

oh..and it is "clique"

I would do a terrible job! AMA would be broke in a month. This is why I am glad there are those smarter than me who are willing to run for positions like this. They put themselves in front of everyone to be judged, and may the best man win!

"clique" spelled like that just looks so french. "click" spelled like I spelled it, looks exactly like a dumb American like me would spell it!

Hey those were my reasons too!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Live Wire

Hoss
The balot is gone h feathers and all, Never give up and don't back down
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Hossfly

Fred:

Your questions are all answered within this forum within the past year.

No need for me to waste space stating them all over again.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:20 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you get elected Hossfly-at least we will have someone watch dogging the expenses and maybe that will promote aeromodeling at a local level instead of muncie-you got my vote and I am spreading the word
Old 10-01-2005, 11:22 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Recieved my ballot this morning and got it back in the mail with a checkmark on Mr. Cains name, just as I did last time around.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:26 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Its amazing. Go away for a year come back and nothing has changed.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:28 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

May I suggest a write in ballot option. If you search this forum a little you should have a good idea who. Ynot vote?