Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

November issue of Model Aviation

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

November issue of Model Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default November issue of Model Aviation

From Tony Stillman, AMA VP Dist V via [email protected]

This is an FYI concerning the November issue of Model Aviation and the merchandise catalog.

As most of you probably have seen by now, the catalog is "upside down" relative to the rest of the magazine. This is not a mistake by the printer!!!

This was intentionally done as a way to catch the attention of the reader that the catalog was included with the magazine. Last year, we received complaints that members received the magazine but never saw the catalog, which was bound in with Model Aviation. So this year we inverted the catalog, something that is not uncommon in the magazine industry.

Further, please note and share with readers the catalog can easily be removed. There is a thin strip of glue on the back of the catalog; all the member has to do is carefully pull the catalog out, and the glue itself can easily be removed as well.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:47 PM
YNOT

Default RE: November issue of Model Aviation

We used to do that often in the Auto biz. People would call and complain about it and say they had to turn the paper upsidedown to see what the ad read. We would respond, "that's the idea".
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder whose idea that was........or isn't he around anymore <g>

Jerry
Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmmm, I'm still waiting to get my Novemeber Issue.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:01 AM
brownknows

The new format of the magazine is really coming together. I was skeptical as it was being phased in, but I really like the look and content of the November issue.

db
Old 11-01-2005, 09:16 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: brownknows

The new format of the magazine is really coming together. I was skeptical as it was being phased in, but I really like the look and content of the November issue.

db
I think they have done a splendid job on the mag lately, and the new November issue is no exception. The article on how to build scale vents out of balsa I found very enjoyable to read, along with several other articles. It seems they are really trying to get into the nuts and bolts of things, and seperate themselves from some other well known Model Mags that are basically made up of nothing but reviews/fluff(Sponsor Advertisement). IMO they are actually putting stuff in the mag now that members could find usefull, and enjoyable to read. I am sure that some people can still pick out a few bad points here and there, but overall I think they are doing very well, and I hope they keep it up!