Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Jonesboro R/C Club, great bunch of flyers

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

The Jonesboro R/C Club, great bunch of flyers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:06 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The Jonesboro R/C Club, great bunch of flyers

Had the pleasure of meating and flying with another nice group of AMA flyers this weekend. I called Tony (the contact listed in our AMA directory) and was given good directions to the field. There I found a nice group of flyers and to my amazement, two more Great Planes Patties. That made three with mine and I had to get a picture. I also got a picture of a beautifull 33% kit built Extra that was maidened this day (his wife hand painted the pilot figure, what a teem). He did a wonderfull job of both building and flying this nice airplane. Did I mention that this man has been flying fixed wing for less than a year! This is his first attempt at covering and he even used Monocote! Truely a natural! Also there that day was a very good pilot with his good looking Ultimate. I had a great time and look forward to revisiting this little club near Atlanta. I enchorage anyone passing through to stop in and visit them. They all made me feel very welcolm. Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15668.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	345919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64739.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	345920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45330.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	345921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43173.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	345922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc40649.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	345923  
Old 10-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Jonesboro R/C Club, great bunch of flyers

I live in the Atlanta and was wondering where this club's field was?
Their is/was a club behind the Jail off of 19/41 but this doesn't look like the flied and I don't think it is big enough to fly planes that size. Where was the field located?

I fly at HCRCC with is off of I-75 exit 218
Old 10-30-2005, 10:22 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Hey Ram3500, Its me Tony

Thank you for the nice post about our club. Great pictures to! We had a great time yesterday and look forward to seeing you again whenever you pass through the south again. Oh yeah dont forget to bring that cool Blue Angels jet along with you. That thing was to cool and fun to watch. If your still in town come on back out, We will be there probably noon time. This time I am flying haha.

Geistware,

Yes this is the club behind the jail. It is a bit small but we manage to do fine with planes this size. The biggest out there is a 37% Ultimate and he does just fine. You should come out sometime and give it a shot. I am sure you will have a great time out there with us.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
ram3500-RCU

Tony and gang,

I usually travel with 'Patty' (flown in 23 states now) and at least one electric. With the F-18, I am adding an F-15, and hope to do an F-14 with swing wings as well. I will surely have at least one if I visit again. Looking foreward to it. By the way, I found out what kept my Patty grounded that day (first time in four years that I put it together I didn't fly her). My Duralite 6V regulator took a sh......t. If that had happened in the air and not during run up as it did, it would surely have been the end for Patty! For many reasons, I had a verrrrry good time . Till next time, have fun.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I will have to drop by when I am in the area.

ORIGINAL: FlooredCOBRA
Geistware,

Yes this is the club behind the jail. It is a bit small but we manage to do fine with planes this size. The biggest out there is a 37% Ultimate and he does just fine. You should come out sometime and give it a shot. I am sure you will have a great time out there with us.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:42 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Oh so it was the battery. To bad was looking forward to seeing you fly it. That was really weird how it acted when it died. Well next time if one of ours does that we know what to check for first. haha Take care and happy flying
Old 10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
ram3500-RCU

Tony, a slight correction, it was the regulator, not the battery. I checked each component and found power from the battery, from the switch to the regulator, but absolutly nothing coming out of the regulator. I replaced that, and everything worked fine. I just am worried about this happening again in flight. I am going to call Duralite and see what they say. Looks like you may have more visitors. Hope so. Till next time.
ORIGINAL: FlooredCOBRA

Oh so it was the battery. To bad was looking forward to seeing you fly it. That was really weird how it acted when it died. Well next time if one of ours does that we know what to check for first. haha Take care and happy flying
Old 11-17-2005, 12:44 PM
airbatic

Airbatic here,

Of course the finest field found anywhere is just south of Byron, Georgia; The Georgia Aircraft Modeller's Association's flying field. It covers 66 acres of the finest Georgian acreage found anywhere. And all members including myself are the finest people found anywhere. We also throw the finest Southeastern Modelling show found anywhere. It's held the first weekend of March in Perry, Georgia at the finest fairgrounds found anywhere.

Kraus, a.k.a. airbatic