Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Should positions on US World Champ Teams be filled by US Citizens

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
89.29%
no
10.71%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Should positions on US World Champ Teams be filled by US Citizens

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:50 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should positions on US World Champ Teams be filled by US Citizens

Sorry. Here's my Sig line:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! If you are offended by me saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, don't sue. Visit a psychiatrist. Merry Christmas

BTW, Welcome to page 11,
How about piper chuck's sig line? Anything wrong with it?
Chuck
AMA 87959

How about STLPilot's?
Dion Cini - Ohio Model Products
OMP - www.OhioModelProducts.com
AeroFly Pro - www.AeroFlyPro.com
Shock Flyers - www.ShockFlyer.com

Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot
Should President Bush not send bills to the Congress as that would be a similar conflict of interest.
Wow woops you've made a well thought out argument and one worthy of a good debate. You're 1 for 50. I may actually have to think about this one a tad before my rebuttal.
Ok I gave it some thought Woops, not too much but I've been busy today. I'll add some more to it tomorrow if I can.

The President creates bills for the better interest of the people of the United States. Sometimes they are laws to restrict what a person can do and sometimes it's to restrict what people can't do. Either way his office is for HIS people and does not reflect his own office in most cases.

Chip is trying to lobby/rally/raise hell for his own positioning on the team no matter how you slice it. His "patriotism" is HIS sugar coating. True he is the committee chairman and has a right to make these arguments, but it's a direct conflict of interests of his "office". He should not utter a word about it or influence anyone's way of thinking let it be RCU members or the AMA or any organization. After all this is fun and games, well at least it's supposed to be.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
50%plane

Should President Bush not send bills to the Congress as that would be a similar conflict of interest.
Wow woops you've made a well thought out argument and one worthy of a good debate. You're 1 for 50. I may actually have to think about this one a tad before my rebuttal.
Ok I gave it some thought Woops, not too much but I've been busy today. I'll add some more to it tomorrow if I can.

The President creates bills for the better interest of the people of the United States. Sometimes they are laws to restrict what a person can do and sometimes it's to restrict what people can't do. Either way his office is for HIS people and does not reflect his own office in most cases.

Chip is trying to lobby/rally/raise hell for his own positioning on the team no matter how you slice it. His "patriotism" is HIS sugar coating. True he is the committee chairman and has a right to make these arguments, but it's a direct conflict of interests of his "office". He should not utter a word about it or influence anyone's way of thinking let it be RCU members or the AMA or any organization. After all this is fun and games, well at least it's supposed to be.
"Why else would Bush go to war in Iraq? FOR OIL" "He[Bush] is in bed with the oil tycoons that he has been friends with for all these years."-both quotes have been said by the Democrats and do not necessarily reflect the truth) Would Bill Clinton want to pass a bill that made prostitutes available for every U.S. President? Since you are from OMP, would you want profile planes to be eligible for IMAC events? Would I, as a RCU member want to customize my desktop? Wait a minute here, HHHHHMMMMM

Woops
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 PM
STLPilot

"Why else would Bush go to war in Iraq? FOR OIL" "He[Bush] is in bed with the oil tycoons that he has been friends with for all these years."-both quotes have been said by the Democrats and do not necessarily reflect the truth) Would Bill Clinton want to pass a bill that made prostitutes available for every U.S. President? Since you are from OMP, would you want profile planes to be eligible for IMAC events? Would I, as a RCU member want to customize my desktop? Wait a minute here, HHHHHMMMMM
Presidents don't go to war, Congress goes to War. Presidents act on the decision of Congress. An act of war has not been declared since WWII by Congress.

In other conflicts that are not wars, but major conflicts, these are decided by the Senate with approval/influence by the Congress but the Senate has the final say.

When the Democrats blame the President for "going to war" they seem to forget things real quick, espeically the majority of the Democrats that DID vote for the war in Iraq.

Would I like to see my planes fly in IMAC? I really don't care. There is a new generation coming called Freestyle and that's where you'll be seeing my planes flying.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:32 PM
50%plane

Seriously now, in my opinion, Chip is looking out for the best interest of team U.S.A. If I were chairman, I would definitely not allow QQ to fly for team U.S.A. until he is a citizen of the U.S.A.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-13-2005, 09:35 PM
50%plane

Presidents don't go to war, Congress goes to War. Presidents act on the decision of Congress. Congress just voted last week to end the war and it was 98% against ending the war. If the vote was in favor of ending the war the Preseident would have to act on Congress.
But "BUSH LIED!!!!" Again a statement by the Democratic party that may not necessarily be true.

Woops
Old 12-13-2005, 09:43 PM
crashdummy6

I am SOOOOO glad we went to war for OIL! Those prices are really low now aren't they. WOOHOO!

I can hardly afford glow fuel to fly. Guess I need to go all synthetic. You know since Cheney is in bed with the synthetic people.........

To be honest, I don't even know if glow fuel has any petroleum in it.

Oh well.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:48 PM
STLPilot

Seriously now, in my opinion, Chip is looking out for the best interest of team U.S.A. If I were chairman, I would definitely not allow QQ to fly for team U.S.A. until he is a citizen of the U.S.A.
If you were chairman would you also be a pilot?

Why don't they just let the players be the ones to review the instant replays, why use the refs? Why don't they let black jack dealers bet on their own hands? Why don't they let Doctors perform surgery on their children? Why don't they let judges rules on cases of their family members? BECAUSE THEY ARE CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:02 PM
50%plane

If you were chairman would you also be a pilot?

Why don't they just let the players be the ones to review the instant replays, why use the refs? Why don't they let black jack dealers bet on their own hands? Why don't they let Doctors perform surgery on their children? Why don't they let judges rules on cases of their family members? BECAUSE THEY ARE CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS.
Well DDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH, Thanks for the compliment, but you shouldn't make a statement like that. I'm not good enough to fly and chair the U.S. team.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: woops

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! If you are offended by me saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, don't sue. Visit a psychiatrist. Merry Christmas

BTW, Welcome to page 11,
Chuck
AMA 87959

How about STLPilot's?

Always answer a question with a question. Bye, Troll. Go back to Earl and keep up with your studies, and always be proud of where you were born. Surely it involved a great motivation and effort on your part.

Abel
Old 12-13-2005, 10:15 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

BTW, Welcome to page 11,
Chuck
AMA 87959

How about STLPilot's?

Go back to Earl and keep up with your studies, and always be proud of where you were born. Surely it involved a great motivation and effort on your part.

Abel
Pranghorn, I've watched half of an episode of Earl and that was while looking for the election results.

WHOOPIE
Old 12-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STL, are you really "Easy Tiger" under another name?

Now lets move on to the Framers of the Constitution and what they were trying to say. Let's see ..... where do we begin.

Oh I got it, let's start from the begining. We the People of the United States, (most of which were immigrants at the time) ....
You both are pompous etc. etc. to the infinite degree. How do you know that the majority of the people in those 13 states were immigrants at that time? Only 7 of the 38 signers were born outside the 13 state inclusive territory to become the United States. That means 31 -- THE MOST -- in my OLD math, were born in the states. Most were born in the state they represented, yet some were not, such as Ben Franklin, representing PA, was born in MA. Did you take a census back then?

I'm surprised with you, Hoss. He doesn't seem like your kind of all-American hero. Let's hear it from the ultra-right fringe. See if you can find a quote from Pat Robertson that is halfway lucid. That's going to a toughie, I know.........

Abel
Abel, there are many people that I don't care for either the person or the person's direction. Yet now and then they display a quality that I like. Einstein, in my interpretation, was referring to the monkeys that get their bananas and stay well within the box speaking only the politically correct verbiage, such as the US commercial news media. That is what I don't care for. Einstein's politics were not mine. You also must surely remember that my signatures change from time to time. A new one is on its way.

Abel you well know that I have my discontent with Dave Brown. Yet outside AMA DB can be one fine beer-drinking buddy in everyday life. My father was a staunch Democrat and at the time I was a staunch Republican. We caught a lot of fish and killed ol' Jack Daniels many times, even while discussing the pros and cons. It can be done.
I was a sustaining Republican until a few years ago. IMO, they are now what the Democrats were 40 years ago, and the Democrats are simply pure Marxists. I have not sent any checks in several years. OTOh I still have my guns. Waiting to see where the clinton-schumer crowd will take us then!![>:]
Old 12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Abel, there are many people that I don't care for either the person or the person's direction. Yet now and then they display a quality that I like. <snip>
[/quote]

Yeah Hoss, I do know that. I've cited Napoleon and others I don't have a lot of respect for as to core values. We have a mutual understanding of each other's different outlooks, and from time to time influence each other's perspective, if only minutely. I like that, so put the gloves back on and let's continue to enjoy disagreeing with each other.

Abel
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Silent-AV8R

In this day and age having a passport is a normal thing.
Well, not quite.

This page:
http://travel.state.gov/passport_statistics.html
contains the number of US passports issued each year. The
passports are good for 10 years.

The total number of passports issued in the past 10 years
is 56.8 million.

I think the US population is about 280 million, so 20% of
the people have the means to travel to other countries.

I'd hardly call it a normal thing if 80% of the country does not have one.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:53 AM
STLPilot

OK you are WAY in the wrong on this statement.

One of the great freedoms that Americans possess is that we DO NOT have to walk around like sheep with bells on. In many other countries you must always have your passport with you at all time or it's requirement to own one. If an American does not want a passport, then he/she does not need to get one. In fact Americans do not NEED to posses any document other then their birth certificate their entire lives if they choose not to do so. You will probabaly not see this in ANY other country in the world. The one exception is a draft card for men 18 to 24 (i think).

What does the fact that only 20% of the people can travel to other countries? And that's wrong too. You don't need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada. Both of which are the 2 largest travel destinations for Americans. You also don't need a passport for just about every fun party island around the USA, again hot spots for US tourists.

As far as the immigrants trying to get a USA passport you guys have no idea how difficult that is. Especially if that's what your trying to say Hoss. You may want to give the INS a phone call and ask for yourself. You're talking YEARS of work, thousands of pieces of paperwork and show LOTS AND LOTS of proof that you want to be an American in many ways. And in most cases the people that are trying to be a citizen will not be one no matter how hard they try.

Most people that are productive, hard working American residents will never see a passport. Like I said, contribute in many ways and deserve to represent us.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
50%plane

I don't want QQ representing Americans if he isn't one himself.
Most people that are productive, hard working American residents will never see a passport. Like I said, contribute in many ways and deserve to represent us.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

BTW, Welcome to page 11,
Chuck
AMA 87959
Sure, it's not at all entertaining. []
Old 12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Phaedrus-MMVI

In this day and age having a passport is a normal thing.
Well, not quite.

This page:
http://travel.state.gov/passport_statistics.html
contains the number of US passports issued each year. The
passports are good for 10 years.

The total number of passports issued in the past 10 years
is 56.8 million.

I think the US population is about 280 million, so 20% of
the people have the means to travel to other countries.

Perhaps, but anyone planning on competing at an international level better have one.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:43 PM
piper_chuck

OK you are WAY in the wrong on this statement.

One of the great freedoms that Americans possess is that we DO NOT have to walk around like sheep with bells on. In many other countries you must always have your passport with you at all time or it's requirement to own one. If an American does not want a passport, then he/she does not need to get one. In fact Americans do not NEED to posses any document other then their birth certificate their entire lives if they choose not to do so. You will probabaly not see this in ANY other country in the world. The one exception is a draft card for men 18 to 24 (i think).

What does the fact that only 20% of the people can travel to other countries? And that's wrong too. You don't need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada. Both of which are the 2 largest travel destinations for Americans. You also don't need a passport for just about every fun party island around the USA, again hot spots for US tourists.
Not for long. By the end of 2007, a passport (or green card for non-citizens) will be required for all border crossings. It's also MUCH prefered to have a passport when crossing the Mexican or Canadian border.
As far as the immigrants trying to get a USA passport you guys have no idea how difficult that is. Especially if that's what your trying to say Hoss. You may want to give the INS a phone call and ask for yourself. You're talking YEARS of work, thousands of pieces of paperwork and show LOTS AND LOTS of proof that you want to be an American in many ways. And in most cases the people that are trying to be a citizen will not be one no matter how hard they try.
I don't know how many have tried, but since 2000, over 2 MILLION have been naturalized, and there were 5.6 million in the previous decade. It seems like many people are making their way through the insurmountable challenge you describe above. The documentation is not "thousands of pieces of paperwork". Hundreds, yes, but not thousands. People darn well better be required to show "lots and lots of proof" that they want to be an American, this is a great country, becoming a citizen should be difficult. Oh, and by the way, since it seems you're not up on immigration information these days, there is no INS any more. It went away several years ago.
Unless they came from Mexico or Canada, or entered illegally (or a few other exceptional cases), these residents ALIENS have a passport, from THEIR own country.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STL
piper_chuck
Unless they came from Mexico or Canada, or entered illegally (or a few other exceptional cases), these residents ALIENS have a passport, from THEIR own country.
Aw Shucks Chuck!! You stole my thunder. Maybe under STL's rules I could immigrate to Red China, and get a Chinese Passport. [sm=stupid.gif] OTOH maybe we could get STL a passport and visa and EXPORT him to China. He could have a ball trying to get an immigrant's passport there. This thread has just gotten too funny!!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:36 PM
STLPilot

I don't know how many have tried, but since 2000, over 2 MILLION have been naturalized,
20 million non residents living in the United States on some capacity, either legal or illegal. Only 400k million were naturalized per year. So you do the math. Seems to me they don't just hand them out AND THEY DONT. Call INS and ask them what it takes.

OTOH maybe we could get STL a passport and visa and EXPORT him to China.
I already have 2 passports one in Italy and one in USA, don't need another one.

Aw Shucks Chuck!! You stole my thunder.
That's right keep throwing illegals into the discussion, it's been more then 3 posts now since someone had to pull it out of their ... for firepower.

It's also MUCH prefered to have a passport when crossing the Mexican or Canadian border.
Preferred .... ha .... come on, they don't care as long as you bring money into their country to spend. Also show me where by 2007 will it be required to have a passport to cross any border. Does this include the islands too? This would be MAJOR news if so.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:30 PM
piper_chuck

I don't know how many have tried, but since 2000, over 2 MILLION have been naturalized,
20 million non residents living in the United States on some capacity, either legal or illegal. Only 400k million were naturalized per year. So you do the math. Seems to me they don't just hand them out AND THEY DONT. Call INS and ask them what it takes.
ONLY 400K? I guess you must be one of those who think we should just accept EVERYONE who wants to come here. That explains alot. And one more time, you're out of touch with what's going on, there is no more INS! I don't need to call the agency that's now in charge of immigration, I've read plenty on the subject.
OTOH maybe we could get STL a passport and visa and EXPORT him to China.
I already have 2 passports one in Italy and one in USA, don't need another one.
Good, that means we don't need to worry about getting you one from China.
Aw Shucks Chuck!! You stole my thunder.
That's right keep throwing illegals into the discussion, it's been more then 3 posts now since someone had to pull it out of their ... for firepower.
Your ability to miss the point is amazing. Go back and read what I wrote, it wasn't about illegals. Too bad you're so emotional that it went right over your head.
It's also MUCH prefered to have a passport when crossing the Mexican or Canadian border.
Preferred .... ha .... come on, they don't care as long as you bring money into their country to spend. Also show me where by 2007 will it be required to have a passport to cross any border. Does this include the islands too? This would be MAJOR news if so.
Why don't you get off your @$& and do some reading? You keep talking about the INS even though it no longer exists. The 2006 and 2007 dates have been well publicized, it took me less than 5 minutes to verify them, but you don't know about them. The recommendation from the US about getting a passport to simplify returning from Canada and Mexico has also been well documented. You keep misinterpreting things people write. I didn't say when going to Mexico or Canada, I said "crossing the border", as in returning home to the US. If you want to go to Canada or Mexico without a passport, go for it. I wonder how many here would not be choked up if you couldn't return? As for the islands, if you're crossing a border to return from them then yes, you will soon need a passport. Like it or not, the free borders of the past are just that, of the past. Considering all the things that are happening relative to immigration that you don't know, I'm a bit skeptical of anything you say about this subject.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
50%plane

This thread has just gotten too funny!!
Aint that the truth!!

BTW, I see that Pranghorn hasn't conplained about your new sig.

Woops
Old 12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
50%plane

If you were fully qualified and running America, what would you do different in relation to this? How would you keep it the same?

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
STLPilot

You keep talking about the INS even though it no longer exists
Really? What planet are you from.
http://www.uscitizenship.info/?ad=adwords&keyword=ins

The 2006 and 2007 dates have been well publicized, it took me less than 5 minutes to verify them,
Show me your sources please. I don't see a single discussion on Google about passports require for entrance to Canada nor Mexico now or ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.