Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dave Brown on FAI... F3A in particular

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Dave Brown on FAI... F3A in particular

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Brown on FAI... F3A in particular

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

STLPilot, I've been trying decide if you're a conservative with a liberal streak, or a liberal who has wrapped himself in the flag.
My stance is ultra conservative. If you guys haven't heard Bush is pushing for illegal immigrant Mexicans to acquire drivers licenses and to get temporary work permits. Bush is man of vision ... understands the future ... not just the today.
That's not ultra-conservative. THAT"S a republican cool-aid drinker. And Bush is far from a conservative. If you want to know what true conservatives, get away from your friends up there like Olympia Snow and John Kerry.

Woops
Old 01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
bobwrc
My Feedback: (8)

[center]Why don't you guys engage in your juvenile, off topic, "political sandbox bickering" via personal email! [X(]

Old 01-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Prop Nut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because you cannot put your idiocy on display to the public via Email.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Woops, whatever you think about politics, reverse it.

Bush is about as conservative as you can get.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:38 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Woops, whatever you think about politics, reverse it.

LOL

You said this:
My stance is ultra conservative. If you guys haven't heard Bush is pushing for illegal immigrant Mexicans to acquire drivers licenses and to get temporary work permits. Bush is man of vision ... understands the future ... not just the today.
And then you say this:
Visit the Georgia Democratic headquarters. You'll be amazed at how much more conservative they are. If you want a real shocker, visit the Georgia Republican headquarters.

BTW, I can think of many things that Bush isn't conservative on.

Woops
Old 11-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Ion01

I don't know what this whole bush topic is about but as for the being american citizens in order to compete on the USA team......I think about this: What sense does it make that someone can live in the USA and train in the USA and compete on our teams and train in our facilities and on our equipment and live on our money and learn from our trainers and blah blah blah.......but will compete in the olympics for some other country when they have lived thier whole lives here and don't even return to the country in which they were born before or even after the olympic games? If someone were born in the US but were a citizen else where and trained and all that, even if they were the best and would garantee the USA a win, I don't think he should compete for the USA because he doesn't live or train in the USA.
So should it not be the same in this situation? Why would we allow others all the advantages of our training and so forth here and then make them compete elsewhere?
I have thought about the fact that yes, if there are no advantages to being an american citizen then why become one.....but that is regarding things like voting and contributing to this or any other countries future and not regarding getting to play some games.
Fact is I am so conservative I make Bush look liberal (an exageration but based in truth) so one would thing I would say that you must be a citizen but I also have a hard time understanding why so many are allowed to benefit from a country without giving back to that country. It is a complicated issue.
One more example.....golf. There are numerous golfers that play and live in the USA but when the US competes against the counties in Europe these same people play for the European countries and not the USA.
Anyways, its easy for me to see both sides and fact is I am not fully convinced that my thought process regarding this matter is 100% the best......but these are things to consider.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

And this relates to R/C and the AMA how? Closing this one...