Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Hey you have nothing to worry about, Bush will be out in 3 years and Hillary will take you in the right direction!

When I read your arguments I feel like I'm back in high school, debating the dumb fat kid
BTW what do you have against fat people? Do fat people have lesser intellectual capacity then the thin people? Should we add them to "the list"?

PS Just because I can, I felt I would take the time to find you a map of New England. Please note that New York is on this map.
http://www.newpaltz.edu/about/newenglandmap.gif
Funny you must not have taken that much time. This took me all of 30 seconds.

http://www.bertawalker.com/direction...ew-england.gif
http://www.edwardmooney.com/history/...ew-england.gif
http://www.heritageantiquemaps.com/G...n%20States.jpg
http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/maps...newengland.jpg

Pennsylvania and NY are middle states and were never New England states.

who is convinced that what he read online is completely right even when people completely destroy his argument,
Do you want me to show you some websites or should I scan some pages from my encyclopedia to satisfy you. I can understand why you don't think the Internet has some good resources, you just proved it above. It's not what you look for, it's how you look for it.

Welcome to the debate! Whenever your ready to talk about the Patriot Act, I'm all ears.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:33 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

It's funny how this turned towards illegals. When do we start talking about jews and blacks and what they do wrong to society? Who else do we need to put on the hate list?
Other than you, I haven't seen anyone else mention anything about hate. We've been talking about people who ignore the law. However, if you've got some pent up hate toward jews or blacks (your words, not mine), by all means, speak up!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
STLPilot

OK you guys win. Build the wall! Might as well build one in Canada too seeing that it's pretty easy for a terrorist to come across that border too.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:53 PM
DanSavage
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Executive orders are rarely overturned by Congress.
Do you mean only ones introduced by Republican Presidents?
Fine. Name all of Clinton's EO's that were overturned by the Republican congress since they took control in 1994.

And for the record, I dislike Clinton and his slime-machine every bit as much as I dislike Bush and his, so let's not try to make this a Republipuke vs. Democrap discussion. As was proven recently with "Duke" Cunningham and Jack Abramoff, there's plenty of slime in both parties to go around.

But the President signed on what Congress supported! The posters above were slamming the President for "values" without ever realizing that their own representatives drew up, supported and voted on the bill. C
Again, he's not there to rubber-stamp what Congress does. If they send the President a bad bill, it's his job to protect the country from bad laws by vetoing the bill.

That's why he took an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Of course, no one ever said Bush had to uphold his oath of office, did they?

Without getting too far afield of this topic of discussion, what do you think of your President's Social Security Totalization Agreement with Mexico?
Of course I support it and Congress will have to support it as well. You don't think that supporting the countries that border us will make the USA more secure? I mean after all, all the lefties are crying China as world superpower in 10 years. It's rather important to make sure you neighbors will support you once China becomes the new world leader. I mean we have 230 years of democracy under our belt. When China tries to take over it's going to get a little sticky.
Just so we're clear, you support:

1) Allowing Mexican illegal aliens to apply for and receive US Social Security benefits after having worked (illegally) in the US for only 6 quarters (18 months) while US citizens (read: You and I) have to work 40 quarters before we're eligible to apply?

2) Allowing the Mexican illegal alien to apply for and receive US Social Security benefits for his Mexican (national) wife and Mexican (national) children even if they've never stepped foot in the US and have them receive their US SS checks at home, in Mexico?

3) Opening up US Social Security to the ~20 million Mexican illegal aliens already here in the US?

Ahem. The USA is a Constitutional Republic, not a mobocracy.

Paying Journalists/Columnists to write articles/columns that favor your President?
I'm sure that's a first.
I didn't ask if Bush was the first one to do it, I asked if you supported him doing it?

Directing the HHS to produce propaganda thinly disguised as 'video news reports' in order to pass his Medicare drug benefit?
Not up to speed enough to comment.
And you call me ignorant.

You could start here: [link=http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05643t.pdf]Unattributed Prepackaged News Stories Violate Publicity or Propaganda Prohibition[/link]

Or here: [link=http://www.gao.gov/decisions/appro/302710.htm]B-302710, Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services --Video News Releases, May 19, 2004[/link]

Conclusion
Although the VNR materials were labeled so that the television news stations could identify CMS as the source of the materials, part of the VNR materials--the story packages and lead-in anchor scripts--were targeted not only to the television news stations but also to the television viewing audience. Neither the story packages nor scripts identified HHS or CMS as the source to the targeted television audience, and the content of the news reports was attributed to individuals purporting to be reporters, but actually hired by an HHS subcontractor. For these reasons, the use of appropriated funds for production and distribution of the story packages and suggested scripts violated the publicity or propaganda prohibition of the Consolidated Appropriation Resolution of 2003, Pub. L. No. 108-7, Div. J, ***. VI, § 626, 117 Stat. 11, 470 (2003). Moreover, because CMS had no appropriation available to produce and distribute materials in violation of the publicity or propaganda prohibition, CMS violated the Antideficiency Act, 31 U.S.C. § 1341. CMS must report the Antideficiency Act violation to the Congress and the President. 31 U.S.C. § 1351.

Anthony H. Gamboa
General Counsel
How's he doing securing our southern borders?
You mean from the deadly Mexicans that sneak into this country to work? Can't wait to see what the next President does about it. Didn't see Clinton do too much about it either. That border has been pretty wide open ever since the days of Columbus. Best way to fight it is to support Mexico.
That's it. Let's not hold your President accountable for what he does or doesn't do.

Let's blame the other guy.

I'm soooo glad the adults are in charge, now.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 PM
TheParrot

Dan, I have read about these medicare stories also, but this is nowhere near the first time the administration has done it, it just happens to be one of their more blatant attempts. Ever since Sept 11, Bush has been using propaganda on a huge scale to sell everything. If you haven't read it already, you should pick up "Weapons of Mass Deception" which is all about Bush's administrations use of propoganda in the current war with Iraq, and the first Gulf War. It also compares what the administration has been doing with Orwell's 1984 which IMO anyone living in our country should read. Have you read that at all STL? It's a very enlightening book.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:42 PM
STLPilot

We've been talking about people who ignore the law
Then why is the discussion aimed towards Mexicans? If we are talking about people that break the law lets start from capital crimes and treason and work our way down to the dangerous illegal Mexicans that cause so much grief in America by working hard in our Chinese retaurants and keeping the prices down.

What other restaurants can you go to where you can feed a family for 6 for $25? Thanks to the "criminal" Mexicans.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:45 PM
STLPilot

Ever since Sept 11, Bush has been using propaganda on a huge scale to sell everything.
When the twin towers collapsed was that propoganda too?

I have not read weapons of mass deception, but I did read 1984. I think the Michael Moore movie was enough for me.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
piper_chuck

We've been talking about people who ignore the law
Then why is the discussion aimed towards Mexicans? If we are talking about people that break the law lets start from capital crimes and treason and work our way down to the dangerous illegal Mexicans that cause so much grief in America by working hard in our Chinese retaurants and keeping the prices down.

What other restaurants can you go to where you can feed a family for 6 for $25? Thanks to the "criminal" Mexicans.
Finally, we get another glimpse into your real values. It appears it's ok to you that we have illegal immigrants because it means you can save money! What other crimes are you willing to ignore because they benefit you?
Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM
50%plane

Where's that? I'm in a family of six and it takes over $30 to go to Burger King.

I have not read weapons of mass deception, but I did read 1984. I think the Michael Moore movie was enough for me.
Funny, that thar is jest who youz remind me of.

Dan, I have read about these medicare stories also, but this is nowhere near the first time the administration has done it, it just happens to be one of their more blatant attempts. Ever since Sept 11, Bush has been using propaganda on a huge scale to sell everything. If you haven't read it already, you should pick up "Weapons of Mass Deception" which is all about Bush's administrations use of propoganda in the current war with Iraq, and the first Gulf War. It also compares what the administration has been doing with Orwell's 1984 which IMO anyone living in our country should read. Have you read that at all STL? It's a very enlightening book.
I completely disagree with you politically, but I will agree here.(except for the part about 9/11) I will also take it a step further, MOST polititions are corrupt, greedy, snobish windbags. One politition that I can say is unlike most of them(in a good way) is Sen. George Allen.
As is documented, over half of the media is stacked up against Bush. I can understand why he would use propaganda, but in my opinion, he shouldn't have.
If you want to compare presidents, then read "High Crimes and Misdemeanors:The Case Against Bill Clinton" by Ann Coulter[sm=lol.gif]
Another good book that isn't political that I would highly recommend is "American Soldier" by Gen. Tommy Franks

Woops

edit to add :except for the part about 9/11
Old 01-20-2006, 09:47 PM
TheParrot

Woops I will agree that now the media does seem to be very anti-Bush. But back just before the war the media was all over the "fact" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and that we should go to war immediately, if not sooner. I for one am glad the media is shifting, because I don't think we should just follow our President blindly as I believe we did in the current war. However, I'll be honest, I did support the war because I trusted that our governent was acting on good information, but when it came down to it and we didn't find what they said was there I realized that I was wrong. Maybe in the future there will be new information that says that I am wrong now, and if I am I will admit it, but I really don't see that happening.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:50 PM
TheParrot

PS I've heard "American Soldier" is good. I might have to pick it up (once I finish my Jimmy Buffett book [8D])
Old 01-20-2006, 09:57 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who would have ever thought that Model Airplanes could stir up such deep conversation? Outsiders visiting these forums might think us Modelers are all off our rockers![sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: Watch_ur_6

Woops I will agree that now the media does seem to be very anti-Bush. But back just before the war the media was all over the "fact" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and that we should go to war immediately, if not sooner.
Actually, the French inteligence, last I heard, still believes the Iraq had WMDs. Here's another good book: "The Bomb in My Garden" by Mahadi Obeidi(I think. don't ask me to pronounce it) It is stupid for one to say that they never had WMDs, but we don't know for sure that they didn't have them at the time of our invasion. There is evidence supporting the claim that they were moved to Syria, but that could have been made up. Time will tell.
I for one am glad the media is shifting, because I don't think we should just follow our President blindly as I believe we did in the current war.
I don't think that their attacks against the President and our military are just and right. I do believe, however, that we should question polititions as you can't trust them.(most of the time)

However, I'll be honest, I did support the war because I trusted that our governent was acting on good information, but when it came down to it and we didn't find what they said was there I realized that I was wrong. Maybe in the future there will be new information that says that I am wrong now, and if I am I will admit it, but I really don't see that happening.
That's good. I hope I can do the same.

Woops

Old 01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
TheParrot

You mean we're not?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-20-2006, 10:10 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STLPilot and woops

I think you two should put your differences behind you and go watch a movie together! Let me recommend one that may be up your guys alley!

[link=http://www.brokebackmountain.com/splash.html]Movie Recommendation[/link]

ROFLMAO[sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-21-2006, 07:14 AM
STLPilot

However, I'll be honest, I did support the war because I trusted that our governent was acting on good information, but when it came down to it and we didn't find what they said was there I realized that I was wrong.
But you do agree that there is more that one branch of the government don't you? Afterall the Legislative Branch did vote to go to war too. The CIA is not part of the Executive Branch. So we had bad information about the weapons, for now. You dislike your goverment for misinformation given by the CIA?

I like to ask this question to everyone that opposes the war: Are you glad Saddam Hussein is out of power?

100% of the people I've asked said yes. But they all say the same exact thing, "there could have been another way to take him out of power".

Then I say "please explain".

Point is ... he's out and he's not coming back. The world is a better place.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:22 AM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

STLPilot and woops

I think you two should put your differences behind you and go watch a movie together! Let me recommend one that may be up your guys alley!

[link=http://www.brokebackmountain.com/splash.html]Movie Recommendation[/link]

ROFLMAO[sm=lol.gif]
I'm scared to watch a homosexual cowboy movie. BTW, do you listen to Glenn Beck?

However, I'll be honest, I did support the war because I trusted that our governent was acting on good information, but when it came down to it and we didn't find what they said was there I realized that I was wrong.
But you do agree that there is more that one branch of the government don't you? Afterall the Legislative Branch did vote to go to war too. The CIA is not part of the Executive Branch. So we had bad information about the weapons, for now. You dislike your goverment for misinformation given by the CIA?

I like to ask this question to everyone that opposes the war: Are you glad Saddam Hussein is out of power?

100% of the people I've asked said yes. But they all say the same exact thing, "there could have been another way to take him out of power".

Now this is even scarier. We agree. Congrats STLPilot, you wrote another thing that we can agree on.

Woops
Old 01-21-2006, 07:41 AM
STLPilot

Oh yeah I almost forgot about this one, this truly wouldn't be a KKK assembly .... errrrr RCU discussion without the mention of homosexuals!

Finally, we get another glimpse into your real values. It appears it's ok to you that we have illegal immigrants because it means you can save money! What other crimes are you willing to ignore because they benefit you?
Crimes? Speeding and running a red light is a crime too. Crossing into your neighbors country is hardly a crime, espeically when the neighbors are pretty good friends. This is why they just ship them back with no penalty, which is less then a speeding ticket or spitting on the ground in some cities.

You are not talking about crimes here, you are talking about Mexicans and how they drain our economy, your just trying to hide it behind the "crime" that they hardly commit.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:55 AM
piper_chuck

But you do agree that there is more that one branch of the government don't you? After all the Legislative Branch did vote to go to war too. The CIA is not part of the Executive Branch.
Are you sure "the CIA is not part of the Executive Branch"?
So we had bad information about the weapons, for now. You dislike your goverment for misinformation given by the CIA?

Yes, but I was never convinced it was OUR job to do so.
The shrub is the one who took a leadership position in pushing for the war. Others eventually agreed with him, but if HE had not pushed for it, the war would not have happened. When did this country receive the divine mandate to depose evil dictators?

Maybe, maybe not. It's too soon to tell. One thing that's certain is that the US has lost a significant amount of influence in the world due to our invasion of Iraq.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 AM
piper_chuck

Oh yeah I almost forgot about this one, this truly wouldn't be a KKK assembly .... errrrr RCU discussion without the mention of homosexuals!

Crimes? Speeding and running a red light is a crime too. Crossing into your neighbors country is hardly a crime...
Immigration violations are significantly more serious than something like speeding. Since we now know you support illegals, because it helps you save money, it's no surprise to see you trying to make it seem like no big deal.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:07 AM
STLPilot

It's an independent agency, like a free agent, that reports to the Executive branch.

Whose job was it then? At least your still glad he's out.

Others eventually agreed with him, but if HE had not pushed for it, the war would not have happened.
So now the House and Senate rubber stamps everything the President pushes for? THE PEOPLE WERE FOR THE WAR WHEN IT BEGAN TOO! Every single poll said so. But things didn't go the peoples way ... so what do they do, instantly forget like typical liberals.

Maybe, maybe not. It's too soon to tell. One thing that's certain is that the US has lost a significant amount of influence in the world due to our invasion of Iraq.
Really? Says you. What about the influence of terrorist attacks, I think that is position #1. Do you think we care what France or Russia thinks knowing that the USA has not been attacked since Sept 11? Iraq WAS a huge influence on the terrorists. Your this big "American" patriot, I thought it was USA first and last. Since when do you care what other countries think seeing that you don't want their sons and daughters to represent us in sport as legal residents.

If you think we have to go hit Iran do you think Russia is going to do it first? China? Afterall it's going to be a long time before one of their missles will land on our soil. You don't think that these countries will be back if we had to go hit them? Let me guess, this is just another Executive scandal.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:47 AM
piper_chuck

It's an independent agency, like a free agent, that reports to the Executive branch.
Actually, it's an independent agency WITHIN the executive branch, but also reports to congress.
Whose job was it then? At least your still glad he's out.
Doesn't matter whose job it was, I don't think it was ours.

Others eventually agreed with him, but if HE had not pushed for it, the war would not have happened.
So now the House and Senate rubber stamps everything the President pushes for? THE PEOPLE WERE FOR THE WAR WHEN IT BEGAN TOO! Every single poll said so. But things didn't go the peoples way ... so what do they do, instantly forget like typical liberals.
Many people are easily swayed.
Really? Says you.
Actually according to people in many countries. How often do you get out of the country and talk to people? I know you think I'm a hillbilly from NC who has never left this state, let alone the country, but you're wrong on all three counts. By the way, you still haven't answered my questions to you about your travels.
What about the influence of terrorist attacks, I think that is position #1. Do you think we care what France or Russia thinks knowing that the USA has not been attacked since Sept 11? Iraq WAS a huge influence on the terrorists.
Yes, Iraq was, and still is a huge influence. I wonder whether the war has resulted in less, or perhaps MORE, terrorists?
Your this big "American" patriot, I thought it was USA first and last. Since when do you care what other countries think seeing that you don't want their sons and daughters to represent us in sport as legal residents.
Being proud of my country and wanting it to be represented by US citizens, rather than foreigners, in no way implies a lack of concern for other countries or worry about what they think about US.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:01 AM
STLPilot

But your glad he's out of power, that's important.

The people, congress and the executive branch were all swayed. Prolly had a lot to do with those 2 buildings falling down and US kicking some ass to those who played a role and those who supported it. In that matter you were actually the minority when the war BEGAN. I really wonder how you thought about it then as to opposed to now.

Yes, Iraq was, and still is a huge influence. I wonder whether the war has resulted in less, or perhaps MORE, terrorists?
Guess time will tell.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:10 AM
piper_chuck

But your glad he's out of power, that's important.
Ignoring the consequences of HOW he was removed from power, and merely being glad he IS out of power is very dangerous.
The people, congress and the executive branch were all swayed. Prolly had a lot to do with those 2 buildings falling down and US kicking some ass to those who played a role and those who supported it.
Afganistan was about the "2 buildings falling down". Iraq was the shrub having an inflated view of his role in the world.
In that matter you were actually the minority when the war BEGAN. I really wonder how you thought about it then as to opposed to now.
Not much different than I do now. I too believed that Iraq had lots of WMDs, but that didn't mean that WE were responsible for leading the charge to take Sadam out of power.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 AM
STLPilot

Since we now know you support illegals, because it helps you save money, it's no surprise to see you trying to make it seem like no big deal.
I don't support illegals. I just don't support useless "instant fix" tactics to fixing the problem like building a wall or punishing them. Nor would I ever support imposing fines on a company that hires illegals. If you say it's the Preisdents fault for not fixing the problem then why would legitimate corporations pay for his mistake?

If I walk into Canada I get sent back, I don't go to Canadian jail or become a slave on their work farm. And that goes the same for a Canadian that crosses our border.

I support policy to support Mexico. If we help to make Mexico more stable, in the future Mexicans will not have to try to cross a wall to get a job. I guess you've been to Mexico, why would any Mexican want to leave that paradise unless to look for work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.