Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Sure they don't, after all, they say so publicly. Hey, I hear there's a great bridge for sale up your way, did you put in your bid on it yet?
Your saying what they think, I'm saying what they say and there is a HUGE difference. I know what goes on inside their minds of their heads they sit back and laugh about the terrorists, no doubt.
Everybody take note, here is yet another group that STL has declared to be intimately in tune with. How many is that now? I've lost count.
But if Saudi Arbian gov't supported terrorists ON THE OUTSIDE they are doing a darn good job of hiding it.

Politics is percetion and the Saudis are playing the game right.
Yes, they are playing a game. Eventually it will catch up with them.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

You have yet to support anything to make it harder for them to be here.
Did you not read this quote? How does fining business solve the problem from Mexicans coming into this country to work? All this does it relocate them. What solution is this??? A constututional amendment to stop Mexicans from coming into America? We already went over this. This is not the solution.

My opinion is not the problem.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:59 PM
piper_chuck

You have yet to support anything to make it harder for them to be here.
Did you not read this quote? How does fining business solve the problem from Mexicans coming into this country to work? All this does it relocate them. What solution is this???
I've told you already, but you don't want to hear it. If you make it impossible, or at least really difficult, for the illegals to get work here, they won't come. Yes, we want to relocate them, back to Mexico. As long as people like you support making it easy for them to get work here, which you do by opposing fines against unethical business owners who are breaking the law, it's easy for illegals to find work, so they will do so. Take away the $ incentive, and they have no reason to come here.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:02 PM
TheParrot

You know one thing is bothering me about this debate... I have yet to see a Mexican working at a Chinese resturant as was the given example. Most of them tend to be... Chinese? But then again I'm from New York!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:11 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Watch_ur_6

You know one thing is bothering me about this debate... I have yet to see a Mexican working at a Chinese resturant as was the given example. Most of them tend to be... Chinese? But then again I'm from New York!
The example actually said nothing about the ethnicity of the illegals working in the Chinese restaurants. The Mexican spin is something STL added. However, down here it's not uncommon to see Mexicans washing dishes and bussing tables in Chinese restaurants. It's also pretty common to find Chinese that are here illegally.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:12 PM
TheParrot

Chuck, part of the problem lies in Americans. No one wants to do the jobs they do for the little money they do it for. So the businesses go with them because they will work hard for next to nothing. But I agree that if the goverment started enforcing the law, then the companies would probbaly end up hiring Americans and paying them more money, because it would end up costing them less than the fines. Imagine more people in America working with more money... think that might help our economy?
Old 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While the posting guidelines in the AMA forum are a bit more lax than the rest of the site, political discussions are still off limits. The only political discussions allowed are those about AMA politics.

I think those engaged in this discussion/argument have expressed their views ad nauseam. Continue if you must, but lets keep the discussion focused on the AMA and not on solving the world's problems.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:21 PM
TheParrot

Does anyone remember the original topic?
Old 01-21-2006, 06:53 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: depfife

While the posting guidelines in the AMA forum are a bit more lax than the rest of the site, political discussions are still off limits. The only political discussions allowed are those about AMA politics.

I think those engaged in this discussion/argument have expressed their views ad nauseam. Continue if you must, but lets keep the discussion focused on the AMA and not on solving the world's problems.
I'll agree that this forum isn't the place, but do you think that RCU might want to have a place (mainly all the regulars in this forum) that we could debate everything including politics and religion?[sm=idea.gif]

LOL Good one.[sm=thumbup.gif]

ORIGIONAL TOPIC:

I think that it is wrong and immoral to help those that are good competitors(non-American) get into America easier than it is for normal non-Americans. It's discrimination against non-competitors who probably want to get into America more than these famous competitors. If bin Laden(Osama NOT Waffa or whatever her name is now) was a famous figure skater, how easy would it be for him to become an American citizen?(especially if he hadn't attacked America yet) There needs to be a screening process. We have that now in the current agonizing government agencies.

Woops
Old 01-21-2006, 07:08 PM
TheParrot

ORIGINAL: woops

I'll agree that this forum isn't the place, but do you think that RCU might want to have a place (mainly all the regulars in this forum) that we could debate everything including politics and religion?[sm=idea.gif]

LOL Good one.[sm=thumbup.gif]

ORIGIONAL TOPIC:

I think that it is wrong and immoral to help those that are good competitors(non-American) get into America easier than it is for normal non-Americans. It's discrimination against non-competitors who probably want to get into America more than these famous competitors. If bin Laden(Osama NOT Waffa or whatever her name is now) was a famous figure skater, how easy would it be for him to become an American citizen?(especially if he hadn't attacked America yet) There needs to be a screening process. We have that now in the current agonizing government agencies.

Woops

Agreed
Old 01-21-2006, 07:26 PM
depfife

What is and is not allowed on RCU has changed over time. Marc intently listens to the member's wishes. The Off Topic forums are a recent example of this. But topics like politics and religion are rarely discussed politely. The concern has always been that arguments about politics and religion would spill over to the rest of the site. It has been a while since I have seen a poll on this topic, but in the past a large majority voted to keep politics and religion off RCU. The web has several forums dedicated to discussions on politics and religion where one can type till his fingers bleed and never change anyone's mind.

ORIGINAL: woops

Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
50%plane

Thanks Depfife(great name BTW[love that show])

The web has several forums.................where one can type till his fingers bleed and never change anyone's mind.
LOL
Old 01-22-2006, 11:34 AM
STLPilot

How can you agree with this and how can you agree about what he's talking about Osama. Osama is a criminal and terrorist. You are using extremes here Woops and digging way too deep. Why are your analogies have to be so ridiculously extreme. There are a lot of "what if's" in the world and if you live by all these "what if's" you're not going to sleep too soundly at nite. America is not that bad of a place to people whom embrace it. Like QQ is doing.

The rules are for LEGAL RESIDENTS, do you not understand the difference yet??? Residency cards do not come out of bubble gum machines! There is work involved and lots of it. There IS A SCREENING PROCESS for legal residency. It's not perfect but it's in place. Do you like a SINGLE thing that your government has written into policy since The Declaration? Except for the fact that it doesn't bother you too much that a legal resident USA soldier can bite a bullet for you so you sleep better at nite, but of course he can't play in our sports. Total hypocrisy!

By the way watchur6 get your bomb shelter warmed up, Osama is back!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
TheParrot

He was never gone... Bush just decided it was time to open up a second front in the "War on Terror" without finishing what we set out to do in the first place.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:50 PM
50%plane

How can you agree with this and how can you agree about what he's talking about Osama. Osama is a criminal and terrorist. You are using extremes here Woops and digging way too deep. Why are your analogies have to be so ridiculously extreme. There are a lot of "what if's" in the world and if you live by all these "what if's" you're not going to sleep too soundly at nite. America is not that bad of a place to people whom embrace it. Like QQ is doing.

The rules are for LEGAL RESIDENTS, do you not understand the difference yet??? Residency cards do not come out of bubble gum machines! There is work involved and lots of it. There IS A SCREENING PROCESS for legal residency. It's not perfect but it's in place. Do you like a SINGLE thing that your government has written into policy since The Declaration? Except for the fact that it doesn't bother you too much that a legal resident USA soldier can bite a bullet for you so you sleep better at nite, but of course he can't play in our sports. Total hypocrisy!

By the way watchur6 get your bomb shelter warmed up, Osama is back!!!
Read what I write before you think about posting assuming you know my opinion. I've posted that I think that an American legal resident( citizen) is proving his committment to America and it's ideals by choosing to offer his(or her) life for this freedom. BTW, I fully support the Patriot Act, but I want it to go further. Also, When have I said that a legal resident can't play in our sports? When have I said that QQ can't fly airplanes?

Woops

BTW, it's funny to see your pathetic twisting of my words. Also, I'd like to see QQ and Chip fly on the same team, but both as citizens of the same country and flying for that country.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:29 PM
depfife

The discussion should be focused on RC/AMA. Any further posts with mention of the Patriot Act, the War on Terror, immigration policies or any other political topic will be removed.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:32 AM
bobwrc
My Feedback: (8)

The discussion should be focused on RC/AMA. Any further posts with mention of the Patriot Act, the War on Terror, immigration policies or any other political topic will be removed.
"Three cheers for the Monitor"! Way to Go!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Quintan

Shucks, just when I was getting ready to post...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Epoxy Moxy
My Feedback: (3)

Right ... then why don't you explain your plans. I for one am all ears. Kerry had lots of plans too, I was all ears then too, but it was always so quiet.
The one thing Kerry made crystal clear was , he served in Vietnam. Or was it Cambodia.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:12 AM
STLPilot

Why not? The thread topic was "GWB signs Bill" and it has to do with AMA. Everything we've talked about is in line with the original subject, only expanded.

He was never gone... Bush just decided it was time to open up a second front in the "War on Terror" without finishing what we set out to do in the first place.
It's all a scam!