Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Next AMA EC Meeting

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Next AMA EC Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next AMA EC Meeting

February 9, 2002
National Aeromodeling Center Headquarters
8:00 a.m.

AGENDA for EC Meeting 02/09/02

1. Introductions
Sensitivity Training, Michelle O'Neil 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

COMMENT: How NOT to get anything accomplished in one easy lesson.

President's Report
• Replacement VPs
• Review Committees/Chairman
• Approval of October 27, 2001 Minutes

Executive Vice President's Report
Executive Director's ReportNAA Report

Committee Reports
a. CD/LM (Ad Hoc) McNeill

COMMENT: More add hoc... for sure. How much more can Mcneil grapple with this subject?

b. Education Schimmel
c. Frequency Underwood
d. Nats Bauer
e. PADCOM B Brown
f. Nominating Foreman

COMMENT: Watch this one for NO CHANGE.

g. Nats (ad hoc) Bauer
h. Publications B Brown
i. Sanctions/Liabilities Oberdieck

COMMENT: What is this one about? Looking for another power play here.

2.Old Business
3. New Business
a. Each District be allowed 2 pages in Model Aviation McNeill

COMMENT: FOR WHAT? This is NOT a needed item? Advertising would suffer. Where will the funds come from? McNeil is running scared already?

b. Dues structure for 2003 Bauer

COMMENT: Here it comes!

c. VP authority between AMA web and club web link McNeill

COMMENT: Doesn't McNeil have enough authority? A narrow win really goes to his head. Of course it finds lots of spare room there.

d. Number of names on election ballot Frank

COMMENT: Wonder just how much this will be pushed. Will SF really try to get a diluted ballot next year? Would that be better than having Lee and Powell are other buds with him? Wonder just who he is afraid of???

e. Discuss term limits for elected officials Mathewson

COMMENT: If the membership voters cannot handle that themselves, they don't deserve mandated changes. Term limits only mandate those items that the voters fail to do. OTOH, when a good officer is there, and his voters like him, then let him remain to do good work.

f. No political nature advertising in Model Aviation McNeill

COMMENT: OH BOYEE!! Advertising is advertising. Let the chips fall where they may. If someone wants to pay the bill, then so be it. No to McNeil for this one.

g. New clubs may not have identical name of existing club Bauer

COMMENT: Trivial BS for this one. Makes no difference. What's the problem?

h. Rescind July 9, 2001 Motion VI (Earned Membership) Mathewson

COMMENT: No motion VI available for 7/9/01. Could this possibly be SF's motion to give 12 earned memberships made at the 10/27/01 meeting? These free memberships are for SF's show which is supposedly NOT an AMA function.
Of course SF certainly uses all the pluses of his position to promote HIS event. OTOH, it is a GOOD event and it is good for the hobby or so I think. Will miss it this year.

Awards

Write to YOUR VP and express YOUR thoughts.

Horrace Cain
Old 01-19-2002, 10:51 PM
gpmikemorse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't knock sensitivity training until you've tried it. Any chance you could take the personal attacks to another forum?
Old 01-20-2002, 12:36 AM
Hossfly

Default Another Forum?

Originally posted by gpmikemorse
I wouldn't knock sensitivity training until you've tried it. Any chance you could take the personal attacks to another forum?
This post was sent to AMA, and members of the EC.
I say it as I feel it Those that can't take the heat -- have my permission to leave the kitchen.
If the administrators of this forum say "Go elsewhere," you can color me gone.
AMA business and politics are a number one area of the promotion of the sport of model aviation.
I have been involved for many years. I will continue to do so. IMO there are few personal attacks in the post except perhaps McNeil's items. IMO the man has lost it and I have known him personally since 1979.
Complete the mission first, then worry about personalities at Happy Hour.

HC
Old 01-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Eam201

Default Ax to grind

Same crap different day Horrace Cain? I think you should run again for office. Your negative mouth running is depressing! If you wanted to change something you are going about it the wrong way. Maybe you should use two different screen names to complement your self! Get a life!
Happy flying!
Victor
Old 01-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Eam201

Axe to grind

>>>>
Same crap different day Horrace Cain? I think you should run again for office. Your negative mouth running is depressing! If you wanted to change something you are going about it the wrong way. Maybe you should use two different screen names to complement your self! Get a life!
Happy flying!
Victor
Old 01-20-2002, 10:45 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I certainly don't mind discussions about ama or the politics of which you may wish to question or discuss but please keep it to the facts and leave personal issues aside. If you have a personal issue with another member here that you feel you must discuss with them please do so via email or phone as these forums are not going to allow personal attacks of any kind. They are unnecessary and your points can all be expressed and made without name calling or attacking one another.

If personal attacks are made you will be asked kindly to edit your comment.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Marc
RCU Administrator.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:10 AM
ggimlick

I only know two of the three candidates running for executive vice president. They are both CPA's and both reputable people so I found it somewhat offensive that Horrace Cain insulted their profession and basically called them liars who would say anything the boss wants in his election statement in the recent AMA magazine.

If I hadn't made a decision before this would definitely make my mind up for me. I'll be voting for Doug Holland and I hope many others do to. If you look at the money he's brought into the AMA and the decisions made under his watch you'd see that this is a big business and requires more than just a normal modeler with good intentions.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:32 AM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Sensitivity training is a crock. The next EC meeting will have "Teaching members to squat to pee" on the agenda.

Todd
Old 10-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Eam201

Doug Holland get's my VP vote.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:41 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default gooooooooooo

way to go eam i dont care how it goes but it seems that doug is supporting the cds if so he has got my vote and a lot of vps better wake up for elections are around the corner, and if every cd changes two votes there will be a new staff, this is the first organization that i have ever belonged to that the director would not extent the courtesy of answering a email even after she said that she would, see months before last ama magazine, and that also goes for the president and vice president, it must be really awful to set up in those chairs and look down on all us peasents and be in total control.

dennis w. martin sr.
ama7030-cd
rco moderator
rcu moderator
ama since 1959
843-753-3599
Old 10-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Repeat 100 times

This is only a hobby.......this is only a hobby...this i s o n l y.....
Old 10-05-2002, 01:25 AM
Hossfly

Default Please Explain:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dennis1943
[B]way to go eam i dont care how it goes but it seems that doug is supporting the cds if so he has got my vote and a lot of vps better wake up for elections are around the corner, and if every cd changes two votes there will be a new staff, this is the first organization that i have ever belonged to that the director would not extent the courtesy of answering a email even after she said that she would, see months before last ama magazine, and that also goes for the president and vice president, it must be really awful to set up in those chairs and look down on all us peasents and be in total control.

dennis w. martin sr

If *doug* is supporting the CDs, it doesn't show in this EC vote.

>>>>>>
MOTION III: Moved by R. Miller (IX), seconded by C. Bauer (VI), the following list reflects the changes made to the fee structure for 2003 – Club Charter fee-$30; Additional Insured Certificate-$60/regular wording $80/special wording; Leader Member application fee-$10; FAI Stamp-$15 above NAA’s cost to AMA; Sanction Application fee-$20; all Earned (free) Memberships will now receive a 50% credit on cost of their dues. Insurance Certificates for sanction applications and Chartered Club Dated Certificates will remain the same. MOTION passed unanimously.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:14 AM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default reply

sorry hossfly i read it wrong you are very correct my mistake,by the way you got my support,

dennis
Old 10-05-2002, 03:20 PM
ggimlick

I don't know if Muncie is worried or not, but I'll take the slap for responding to what is an old post. I'm a newly registered reader here and didn't look at the date.

All that aside I would vote for Doug Holland or Doug Barry just because their statements in the magazine didn't sound like a popularity contest entry from a high school yearbook.

I'm not an accountant nor do I run a big business, but I think someone who is should be in that position at AMA.

I don't like mudslinging.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:23 AM
rcalfred

Default mudslinging

Greg: You have the right idea. The position demands an experienced accountant, and Doug Holland is!!! Some talk a good story and it is just that--talk. Regards.