Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ready to sell my Stuff and send AMA their Membership Card Back!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ready to sell my Stuff and send AMA their Membership Card Back!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:02 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ready to sell my Stuff and send AMA their Membership Card Back!

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

I flew power for 18 years.had 24 planes ,, after a while loops and rolls seem so easy its just plain dull.
Is that all you could do after 18 years? Ever try IMAC -- _ell of a lot more than loops and rolls? Same for Pattern.

Ever try Pylon Racing. Lots of guys have the "fastest ever RC plane" but when they start racing those planes just all of a sudden get really slow !!!. Nothing like a race to slow down your best effort that is sooo fassstttt in the testing stage. [>:]

Ever try Scale? Unbelievable how a scale static-judge can, in a 15 minute judging sequence, find a missing detail that you overlooked during 4 months of work. [] In addition those landings can be very rusty when you have a couple guys watching you with pen and paper in hand.

How is your trophy rack? Here are those that I disposed of 20 years ago after 20+ years competition. I don't even want or keep them anymore.
WOW Hoss, nice bling bling.
I flew power for 18 years.had 24 planes ,, after a while loops and rolls seem so easy its just plain dull. I had Extra 300's Mustangs--etc all boring after a while..
Hoss is totally right here. Have you ever seen 3D flight? I was flying my RCU bipe on Sunday and an older gentleman came up and thought that what I was doing was pretty cool. He had never seen a plane "dancing on the tail" like that.(torq rolling up 20-30 feet up.) In 3D you have torq rolling, harriers, rolling harriers, inverted harriers, waterfalls, tic-tocs, walls, inverted walls, KE walls, etc. you get the point. Also, in normal flight, have you ever done a rolling circle, rolling loop, hamer-head turn, bowtie, figure8, figure9(not into the ground), etc. If you have done these, have you tried flying them in a sequence? It's much harder than it looks.

50%
Old 03-21-2006, 07:28 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have done these, have you tried flying them in a sequence? It's much harder than it looks.
AMEN to that. When I first started competing I though I was flying a nice straight level line, yea right. Now toss in a 45 degree upline and have someone hold a 45 degree angle along your flight path and you'll quickly find out just how far off you are.

A good pilot will make it look easy.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:17 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya'll need to read up on spread spectrum, it has a very short range and due to this is only safe to fly on Park Flyers at this time.
ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Like Matt implied, another situation that could be avoided by Spread Spectrum!!!! Can't wait
Old 03-22-2006, 01:24 PM
mikeboyd

If a person, "shoots down" another plane on purpuse, either with another transmitter or an illegal radio device, he or she is guilty of malicious mischief. In some states and cities, this is a low level felony. The problem is proving who done it to the police. However, anyone who is considering such activity should be aware they are no longer violating AMA rules, but actually endangering life and comitting a crime!!!
ORIGINAL: ballgunner

We had one guy from a defunct club who was trying and threatening to shoot us down. He was the last remaining member of the club whose field we inherited after they "died". He was approached by some rather large members who promised him his head on a platter if anyone was shot down by anyone not in our club. First he was offered a chance to join us but was so angry because his former club folded that he was just going to shoot us down every time he got a chance. He has since quit flying RC. No loss. We tried being friendly and invited him to join us but anger got the best of him.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:33 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikeboyd

Ya'll need to read up on spread spectrum, it has a very short range and due to this is only safe to fly on Park Flyers at this time.
ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Like Matt implied, another situation that could be avoided by Spread Spectrum!!!! Can't wait
Yes, we know that it has a short range... right now. Like my post implied, can't wait for the full version. If we had the full wattage version and everyone was using it this wouldn't have been an issue period. It wouldn't matter if there were 5 clubs within the same distance. The only limit would be how many channels are available for the spread spectrum radios...

Added: I can't wait to NOT stand in line to get my pin to fly, or to NOT worry about shooting someone down or even better, not be shot down!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:11 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

In my opinion, ya'll should offer them free membership for life. They were there first. They should have the right to the place. Ya'll should ask them to come to a special meeting to discus what to do about it. Have the best manored members of your club there to represent your club and work out a deal. Have all members of their club sign this. Have all who need to sign from your club sign. If anyone else were to come up later, thems the beans, you're now in position to say that your club was there first and the AMA should back you on this.

JMHO
50%
Well, If I were one of these glider guys, I'm not sure a lifetime membership to club would be in my best interest. Once you're a member of this new club you're stuck with whatever rules or new rules are made. How long have these other guys been flying at their site and how long did it take them to find a suitable site too? I'm fortunate to belong to a small club with great guys in it but, the other local club by me is big, full of politics and rules and restrictions that I didn't want to be a part of. Theses glider guys might not want that either.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: propbuster

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

In my opinion, ya'll should offer them free membership for life. They were there first. They should have the right to the place. Ya'll should ask them to come to a special meeting to discus what to do about it. Have the best manored members of your club there to represent your club and work out a deal. Have all members of their club sign this. Have all who need to sign from your club sign. If anyone else were to come up later, thems the beans, you're now in position to say that your club was there first and the AMA should back you on this.

JMHO
50%
Well, If I were one of these glider guys, I'm not sure a lifetime membership to club would be in my best interest. Once you're a member of this new club you're stuck with whatever rules or new rules are made. How long have these other guys been flying at their site and how long did it take them to find a suitable site too? I'm fortunate to belong to a small club with great guys in it but, the other local club by me is big, full of politics and rules and restrictions that I didn't want to be a part of. Theses glider guys might not want that either.
SO??? It's at least worth the offer. How could it hurt to offer it? I'm glad that you aren't one of these glider guys.

50%
Old 03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

It amazes me how folks have some problem with accepting and following rules. Rules and laws for that mater, enable people to get along, prevent problems, and prevent general anarchy. The rules in 4 clubs that I’ve belonged have been pretty basic.

Regards,
Bart
Old 03-26-2006, 05:44 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: b.bixel

It amazes me how folks have some problem with accepting and following rules. Rules and laws for that mater, enable people to get along, prevent problems, and prevent general anarchy. The rules in 4 clubs that I’ve belonged have been pretty basic.

Regards,
Bart
It depends, Bart. Fine if the people subject to the rules had a hand in making them, and so it is as you say enabling people to get along.. That's not always the case. Sometimes there is a small group of people with a sense they are smarter than everyone else, and the general membership of the group should not be left to the folly of using their own judgment. These same smart people often have a matriarchical sense of duty to oversee the welfare of those less endowed with intelligence than they possess. When such people are making the rules, my preference is for general anarchy. Think about what an archy is, and you might have less disdain for those that don't embrace that form of governance.

Questioning authority - it's not just for hippies

Abel