Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA District 10 Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA District 10 Election

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA District 10 Election

Rich Hanson, the current D 10 VP has announced that he will not seek re-election.

Jim Griffin, a current D 10 AVP has shown an interest in running to replace Rich.

Who else should run, or wants to run?

I suggested in another thread that Mike Simi looks to be a viable candidate, but, so far no reply from him.

We also now have Jerry Festa with us in D 10 (AKA tailskid). Jerry ran in D 5 and showed an interest. How about it Jerry?

Wes De Cou is a previous D 2 VP that moved to D 10 and relinquished his position in D 2. He showed an interest in running for AMA president. He is currently the AMA western coordinator for the Flying Site Assistance program. Anyone know if he is interested in running in D 10?

Anyone else have serious suggestions?

The time for nominations is now. Nominations are due June 15, 2006. Details in the 3/06 issue of MA, page 147. Just as importantly, the nominee must be willing to run, and must accept the nomination. A maximum of 3 candidates will be chosen by the Nominating Committee.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA District 10 Election

_ell, JR, all you have to do in nominate each one of them. They will then get the letter to either accept or NOT accept. Cuts down on the speculation. There is no limit on how many different people you nominate.

Besides, why not YOU? Maybe with your passion for bringing all the news to the forums, then at least there will be ONE DVP that will tell us what is REALLY going on. Yeah, I can dream now and then!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:56 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

_ell, JR, all you have to do in nominate each one of them. They will then get the letter to either accept or NOT accept. Cuts down on the speculation. There is no limit on how many different people you nominate.

Besides, why not YOU? Maybe with your passion for bringing all the news to the forums, then at least there will be ONE DVP that will tell us what is REALLY going on. Yeah, I can dream now and then!
Hi Horrace

After the last D 8 election, when you not only accepted a nomination, but made multiple nominations yourself, I gave you a bad time about it. What would it make me if I to do the same? A hypocrite? The way I was raised, you nominate only one, then you support your nominee as a candidate.

I will tell you the same thing I told Rich Hanson when he asked me why I would not run, at the AMA convention (I hope he was kidding, but he did not smile). I am a great manager. I was always viewed as a benevolent dictator. I would listen to input, and possibly incorporate it, but, when it came decision time, it was going to be done my way, with no further discussion. I would perform terribly in a committee environment, such as the EC.

Now… if the AMA ever decides it needs a king, let me know.
JR
Old 03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: J_R

Wes De Cou is a previous D 2 VP that moved to D 10 and relinquished his position in D 2. He showed an interest in running for AMA president. He is currently the AMA western coordinator for the Flying Site Assistance program. Anyone know if he is interested in running in D 10?
Wes is a paid AMA staff member and it is unclear if there is a conflcit of interest in holding both positions or if it is even allowed by the By-Laws. I would think that if he wanted to be the VP he would need to resign his paid positon, but I have no back up on that. It is just my opinion.

The time for nominations is now. Nominations are due June 15, 2006. Details in the 3/06 issue of MA, page 147. Just as importantly, the nominee must be willing to run, and must accept the nomination. A maximum of 3 candidates will be chosen by the Nominating Committee.
A candidate must also be a Leader Member at the time of the nomination.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

If there is a conflict of interest then I would think he would need to resign his postion only AFTER being elected. If he didn't get elected there would be no conflict and he could keep his position.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: Phaedrus-MMVI

Wes is a paid AMA staff member and it is unclear if there is a conflcit of interest in holding both positions or if it is even allowed by the By-Laws. I would think that if he wanted to be the VP he would need to resign his paid positon, but I have no back up on that. It is just my opinion.
As with your opinion, I am not sure. Since it is permissiable to run for another office while holding one elected position (i.e. run for pres while a VP) it would seem reasonable to apply the same standard to any paid employee. Of course, I agree that if he were elected, he should not be allowed to also hold the paid position.

A candidate must also be a Leader Member at the time of the nomination.
Not quite correct, but very close.

The AMA by-laws state: "To be eligible to discharge the duties of an elected AMA officer other than President, a nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA."

During the last D 8 election, Mike Moss was nominated. At the time of the nomination, he was not a Leader Member. AMA Legal Counsel determined that the Standing Rules to the by-laws required: “(c) The chairperson of the Nominating Committee will verify that all candidate proposals, acceptance statements, and resumes have been received within the time frame described in Candidates Guidelines. This should be done by the chairperson at least 20 days prior to convening of the committee meeting. Prior to this time AMA Headquarters will verify information as it is received and notify the chairperson of any potential problems. If any of these items are missing it is the responsibility of the committee chairperson to contact the candidate, informing him/her of the missing documents and the deadline by which this information should be received.â€

The chairman notified Moss, and Dr. Frank, the D 8 VP, bestowed Leader Membership on Moss in time for the Nominating Committee to consider him as having his LM when nominations were considered.

It is accurate to say that a nominee must be a Leader Member when his nomination is considered by the Nominating Committee.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

It is accurate to say that a nominee must be a Leader Member when his nomination is considered by the Nominating Committee.
Not quite, if named as a replacement by a setting VP, the requirement to be a Leader Member can be bestowed at that time by the VP, the required membership time to be a Leader Member can be waived by the VP. This may not be in print anywhere but the precident was set a couple of years ago.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: rsallen13

If there is a conflict of interest then I would think he would need to resign his postion only AFTER being elected. If he didn't get elected there would be no conflict and he could keep his position.
I don't think I indicated otherwise. I just don't see how he could do both. Run, get elected, resign the paid position.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Not quite, if named as a replacement by a setting VP, the requirement to be a Leader Member can be bestowed at that time by the VP, the required membership time to be a Leader Member can be waived by the VP. This may not be in print anywhere but the precident was set a couple of years ago.
Yep, the time can be waived, because of a previous EC motion that about 4 people in the world knew about until it was unearthed. Still... it must be done so that the nominee is a LM before the Nominating Committee meets. Your post, does however remind me of the fact that my statement is only half correct.

It is accurate to say that a nominee must be a Leader Member when his/HER nomination is considered by the Nominating Committee.

Now, how your previous D 5 VP got to be an "incumbent" is still beyond me.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
abel_pranger

<snip>
Now… if the AMA ever decides it needs a king, let me know.
JR
The AMA didn't decide it needs a king, he did. Too bad that position isn't up for contesting this cycle.

Abel
Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Hossfly

Hi Horrace

After the last D 8 election, when you not only accepted a nomination, but made multiple nominations yourself, I gave you a bad time about it. What would it make me if I to do the same? A hypocrite? The way I was raised, you nominate only one, then you support your nominee as a candidate.
JR
JR, IIRC, you nominated me for EVP the time before last. Now I don't think you supported me by any stretch of the imagination. Therefore such a statement of, "The way I was raised, you nominate only one, then you support your nominee as a candidate." certainly in my mind makes you one of a number of non-endearing terms. You can use hypocrite or whatever you wish. I will keep my term reserved due to this public forum.
Personally I don't give a tinker's-dam about whether you nominate one or a thousand, just whom you support, or whatever. However when you stretch the truth into those many forms, and attach my name to it, I will speak up.

JR. as a politician one must be a bit hypocritical, and kiss all babies. When one is truly honest and direct, one does not get many votes. No need to ask me how I know!
So JR while you would be King, what you are really saying is that you like to come here and from a key board, tell each and all what to do and what should be done, and the great-white-fathers in Muncie are really taking care of them. [:'(]
However I read that as while you love to expound your rhetoric, you don't have the go-nads to jump your butt in the lake and wrestle the alligators. At that point you would really know if you really could "manage". [X(] It's the SCARS that tell the real story. BTDT![>:]

The AMA didn't decide it needs a king, he did. Too bad that position isn't up for contesting this cycle.

Abel
Abel, the "king" is not really self-appointed. The AMA membership definitely crowned and anointed DB as KING. Not only did the majority of those voting vote him in big time the past 2 elections, but those that wanted him out simply set on their butts and let it happen. [:'(] THEY ALL anointed the King!
If AMA presents a problem, then the main reason watches each member shave.

edit: spelling does vice doe
Old 03-06-2006, 10:30 PM
J_R

Horrace, I suggest you review what has been posted in this forum, and the dates.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
J_R

Horrace

I have sent you one of your own e-mails from the election you referred to. If you have the go-nads for it, post it up for all to see and we can discuss what happened in that election. It was certainly not that I quit on you. After the election, I reviewed what had taken place and changed my thinking... not before. Somehow, I suspect we will never see the e-mail in a public forum.

Aren't you fortunate that I do not post e-mails from others without permission, unlike your stated policy on the issue of posting e-mails without permission?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Hossfly

Horrace

I have sent you one of your own e-mails from the election you referred to. If you have the go-nads for it, post it up for all to see and we can discuss what happened in that election. It was certainly not that I quit on you. After the election, I reviewed what had taken place and changed my thinking... not before. Somehow, I suspect we will never see the e-mail in a public forum.

Aren't you fortunate that I do not post e-mails from others without permission, unlike your stated policy on the issue of posting e-mails without permission?
Not as fortunate as you are that I don't save emails except for a few and whatever you say was not important enough to be in the 'few' list.

At this time I see no reason to beat that dog anymore. Holland did not sue as he threatened, I was out only one additional big-bird in legal fees, and it is all history now, like water over the dam. I do resent that I allowed him to back me down, yet with the caring AMA membership now in this organization ( [:@][:'(] ) I really don't mind the overall outcome.
As for as AMA goes, I've recently enjoyed my 3 strikes. It's over other than simply being a member, rather an active one, but I seek no elected roll.

This youngster will be here next week and I'm getting him a more advanced machine ready, so there are important things to get done. Besides that we have some bass and catfish waiting that ain't been caught yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95961.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	422744  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:53 PM
J_R

Horrace,

Take a look at the date on the e-mail. That is really the point. You still considered me enough of a suppporter to have mailed that to me. The rest of the content we can leave aside, but, as you will recall, your efforts dropped to nil. Mine continued, in your favor, but a a much lower volume. I supported my candidate till the end.

Certainly, I have came to the conclusion that I made an error after the election was complete, but, that is another story for another time.