Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Sponsored Forum or Mailing List

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Sponsored Forum or Mailing List

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 01:02 AM
3Wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Sponsored Forum or Mailing List

Hi,
I recently joined the AMA through a Hobby store in Virginia.

The primary reason was so that I would be able to ask experienced modelers questions about building and flying rubber powered models planes.

TSG Hobbies indicated that the AMA either sponsored a Web-based discussion forum or an email mailing list where I could submit these types of questions.

Now I learn that they do not sponsor any such forum.

I'm not sure I would have paid the membership fee if I had known this was the case, as AMA membership won't benefit me if I can't communicate with experienced balsa/tissue rubber-powered modelers.

Does anyone know of an online forum or mailing list that might be helpful? (This one seems to be all RC...)

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-06-2002, 01:55 AM
ctdahle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Sponsored Forum or Mailing List

Three Wheels,

Go to the AMA Website, www.modelaircraft.org then follow the links to the National Free Flight Society. From there you will find a number of links that will lead you to places where stick and tissue guys hang out. Also, you will get the AMA magazine which covers a lot of stick and tissue stuff...which upsets a lot of the RC guys.