Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Grand Prize drawing? When?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Grand Prize drawing? When?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Prize drawing? When?

When is the drawing going to be? I need to make arrangements for delivery of that big beautiful Ultimate

Old 04-19-2006, 06:21 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Grand Prize drawing? When?

I'm sorry, but it just arrived at my porch 3 minutes ago!

Seriously, does anyone know what happened to the contest? I've searched the AMA sight for info, but anything related has been pulled.

50%
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: XtremeAerosport

When is the drawing going to be? I need to make arrangements for delivery of that big beautiful Ultimate

I appreciate you taking care of that for me. Don't mess it up when you drop it off at my house.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
YNOT

I think its a scam.

In car dealerships they ask you to register for a TV, grill, trip or something. It allows them to prospect you, however they never give the gift away. The same big screen is sitting there a year later with same WIN THIS TV sign still on it.

The AMA may be taking tips from the car business.

BTW, I don't remeber, how did you enter to win the plane? Could anyone enter or did you have to join the AMA to enter?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 PM
necorc

You had to join AMA to be registered. I've not been notified yet but I'm sure I won, I'll sell it to ya cheap, I'm not the greatest pilot yet Although would be a heckuva setup to try...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:09 AM
50%plane

I wonder how much it came with. It would take probably $1500 in servos for that thing.(plus matchboxes if ya run them) Also, a 6" truturn will cost ya around $150 last I checked. Also, another $150-200 for hardware. Still a sweet deal though.

50%
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Aggiebq86

Actually, joining was not required to enter. You just had to submit a handwritten card (I think). I would still like to see who won though!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Jonathan Ott

When you renewed, you were automatically entered. I did not renew this year cause I'm in Iraq, but I did get the "Offical Entry Form" from the AMA and entered 25 entries. I'm just waiting on the e-mail notification so I can prepare my wife to receive the delivery

The AMA site has the latest winner for the Febuary drawing -- Larry Duffell from Ramer, Alabama, is our prize-package winner for the month of February! Larry has won more than $200 worth of AMA merchandise! Congrats Larry!

I figured since the deadline was 31 MAR 06, that by 20 APR 06 they would have the Grand Prize drawing finished and posted. It is not like they have a three month lead time to publish the results like in the magazine...the internet is instantaneous guys .

Jon
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 PM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

What ya'll think was the winner picked before the contest was announced or not??????????
Old 04-21-2006, 10:11 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The AMA site has the latest winner for the Febuary drawing -- Larry Duffell from Ramer, Alabama, is our prize-package winner for the month of February! Larry has won more than $200 worth of AMA merchandise! Congrats Larry!

Jon

So thats how they are getting rid of all those CDs they couldn't sell or give away

Scott
Old 04-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else asked AMA? I usually get a response very quickly, however not to this request. How about ya''ll trying it?

[email protected]
Old 04-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YNOT

I think its a scam.

In car dealerships they ask you to register for a TV, grill, trip or something. It allows them to prospect you, however they never give the gift away. The same big screen is sitting there a year later with same WIN THIS TV sign still on it.

BTW, I don't remeber, how did you enter to win the plane? Could anyone enter or did you have to join the AMA to enter?
That, sir is an insult. I assure you that when I announce a giveaway, the prize is drawn, and the gift, be it a television, an automobile or cash is given to the person who's name was drawn.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
ShaneUSMC

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: YNOT

I think its a scam.

That, sir is an insult. I assure you that when I announce a giveaway, the prize is drawn, and the gift, be it a television, an automobile or cash is given to the person who's name was drawn.

Bill, AMA 4720

And your what? The owner of the AMA? or an owner of a car dealership?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Jonathan Ott

I just sent a request to the AMA asking about it. I'll post when I get a response.

Jon
Old 04-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Stickbuilder

Since Only an Idiot would ask such a question, I suppose someone needs to point out that there could only be one reasonable answer.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Jonathan Ott

Why does everything have to be a conspiricy? If you renewed your membership, you were entered. If you did not renew (and you read the rules) you could have obtained an official entry and entered the contest. What kind of conspiricy could have been behind this? If you are or were a member, they have your name, address, phone number etc., so they are not getting anything from you you have not already given them.

This was a recruiting drive, plane (sic) and simple. Who would not want to be the winner of the package that is being offered? If you are the winner (once announced) congratulations. If you are not the winner, I'm sorry, but by entering (either by renewing or by mail in entry) you took the chance.

Now, please stop whining and start flying.

[RANT OFF]

Jon
Old 04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
N8theSk8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drawing has been announced:

[link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/sweepstakeswinner.asp]http://www.modelaircraft.org/sweepstakeswinner.asp[/link]
Old 04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make it easy:

From AMA Web site: Public Domain.
Franklin D. Warner from Newport, Washington, is the Grand Prize winner in the AMA’s Come Fly with Us Sweepstakes. Franklin won the Hangar 9 46% TOC Biplane, including a JR 10X radio and a DA-150 engine.

Franklin has been an AMA member for more than 38 years! Congratulations to Franklin and all of the monthly winners through this sweepstakes period!

The Academy would like to thank Horizon Hobby and Desert Air for their support of this sweepstakes.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
ShaneUSMC

Double post. Sorry!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 PM
ShaneUSMC

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Since Only an Idiot would ask such a question, I suppose someone needs to point out that there could only be one reasonable answer.
So, I take it by your "mature" answer that you are the later of the two. I just thought I would ask because you seemed so preturbed by YNOT's post. I'm sure it had nothing to do with guilt. It's not like he personally attacked you or anything. Sheesh!

Me on the other hand... Now that's a horse of a different color now isn't it?

BTW, who's the "Idiot". The "Idiot" asking the question? Or the one responding to the "Idiot"?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:21 PM
ShaneUSMC

Thanks for posting the info Horrace!!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Stickbuilder

Sorry about the outburst. I hate it when I get lumped in with the guilty parties. We run an honest store.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 PM
ShaneUSMC

No worries. I read YNOT's post as being a little sarcastic. Well, maybe more than a little. LOL.

Look on the bright side, the winner has been a member for 38 years! I hope I don't have to go that long to win something. LOL. But then again, if it wasn't for bad luck; I wouldn't have any luck at all.