Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

O.K. Park Fliers, et. al. that want to get your selves NOTICED:

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

O.K. Park Fliers, et. al. that want to get your selves NOTICED:

Old 05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O.K. Park Fliers, et. al. that want to get your selves NOTICED:

Are you ready to get OUT of the box?

Here is an idea that you could accomplish. STL has the organization already ready to go for it. With a lot of you parkfliers, getting organized with all your buddies, you just may be able to leave AMA's little box for enough time to more than compensate for what happens when the times change.

You guys need a National Figure to underwrite you and be a Spokes-Person for all the good that you do. Now just who is in the publicity-news a bunch these days? This one has a record of being famous in aviation stories. He has a great interest in aviation, and a greater interest in obtaining more and more favorable publicity.

This one is an owner and solo-qualified pilot of a Nort American P-51D Mustang, USAAF Serial # 44-12840, N51EW. (WARBIRD DIGEST #8 May/June 2006)

In addition, Air Classics, June 2006, reports that this person has signed an agreement with the Commemorative Air Force that this person will assume SPONSORSHIP of the CAF's rare North American F-82B Twin Mustang.

With such an interest in aviation, such a desire to be famous as the celebrity news functions report, is it not very feasible that a well organized, albeit it small, organization could obtain favorable attention for sponsorship of a group that teaches inner city and urban youngsters about model aviation, and something beyond basketball?

I think you guys have a great opportunity available if you should work up a group, then make a sophisticated proposal to the one and only Mr. TOM CRUISE.

There you have financial assistance and NATIONAL RECOGNITION just waiting to happen. If you want something go and get it.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:27 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.K. Park Fliers, et. al. that want to get your selves NOTICED:

HA!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom Cruise says he is unavailible.

Robert Goulet says he is willing to sign on, though.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:53 AM
macr0t0r
My Feedback: (2)

Alright, I gotta admit this is pretty funny. A nice way to start the day! Here, Tom Cruise, could you pose with this Pico Stick? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:58 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Rosie O'donell also available...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Jim Thomerson

Jeez! That is brilliant! I wonder if the AMA could so something like that to get us noticed? Let's not squander the idea on the parkfliers.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:40 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Hi, I am Wilfred Brimley(not really). Today I want to talk to you about the single most important thing you can do today for your child or grandchildren! No I am not talking about hooked on phonics, life insurance, or a college savings. What I am talking about is the good wholesome all grain goodness of spending quallity family time together. For a meager $58 I would like to introduce you to the academy of model aeronautics. A chance for your child to develop more than a skill to fly, but a chance to .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

Now who here would not buy a membership from Wilfred Brimley? This guy could sell anything I would think! If AMA had the right spokesman they could sell ice to eskimos!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
ckangaroo70

Or, howabout an annual Model Aviation Swimsuit Addition? THAT WOULD SELL! Hot girls posing with Model Planes and dressed up in swimsuits with an aviation theme! This is a sure fire winner, but nobody would ever have the guts to try something this bold. For the younger Members they would get an issue without swimsuit beauties.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Great ideas, both!
Why not combine them?
Have Wilford Brimley in a swimsuit!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 PM
ckangaroo70

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Great ideas, both!
Why not combine them?
Have Wilford Brimley in a swimsuit!
Now we are gettin somewhere!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Now this has got to be one of the better subjects I have seen in here in a while. At first I suspected some back-end selling (it is close though) but after reading further down this could get really good and pretty funny to boot. Just keep it clean guys, please.

In the business I am in, there is a web site called The Router God. It's designed to make it look like certain celebs are interviewed on working with certain Cisco router products and Cisco certifications (I'm a CCIE). There is Denise Richards, Elizabeth Hurley and a few others even including Mister Rodgers

Here is the link to the one for Elizabeth Hurley, no don't you go looking at here pics

http://www.routergod.com/elizabethhurley/

to see the rest just click the "archive" link at the top. Unless you are a Computer Netwotk administrator that is familiar with Cisco products and thier certifications, then reading the articles that each celebrity talks about will not make much sense to you but to thsose of us that understand it it's pretty good.

Maybe someone could do something similiar as a way to help get the word out

Yep, I'm back as a mod again
Old 06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Grrrrrrr! Wilfred in a Speedo! I keep going through all his movies, looking for nude scenes! No luck! I'd DEFINITELY buy the calendar!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Grrrrrrr! Wilfred in a Speedo! I keep going through all his movies, looking for nude scenes! No luck! I'd DEFINITELY buy the calendar!
I think ET has really gone over the edge guys, wadda ya think
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
ckangaroo70

Bill

Good Link! I knew the swimsuit models was a good idea. If that webpage would have had a buy button close to that Liz Hurley I would probally be much poorer right now and own a Cisco server that I would have no idea how to use!LOL
Old 06-19-2006, 08:57 PM
ckangaroo70

Cacoon where the old pharts are puddling around in the pool with the aliens are about as close as you are going to get!

If Wilfred said you needed to buy an AMA Membership, who could resisit? Same goes with Senator Fred Thompson (R) the actor. This guy has "trust me" written all over him regardless of your party affiliation. I see Robert Wagner is a spokeman for some company. Something about Robert Wagner says "I will stick it to you", while old Wilfred has "trust me" all over him.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:02 PM
ckangaroo70

Is Beaver Cleavers Mom still alive? Now there would be a spokes lady! She might not make the best swinsuit addition candidate, but on second thought we do have some older members. Anyhow who would not buy an AMA Membership from Beavers Mom? I would just feel like I had to even if I had no intentions to ever fly Model Planes!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Hey, you know who you can trust?
James Garner.
I'd buy a used car off that guy. Even a TR-7.
Just something very trustworthy about that guy!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:18 PM
ckangaroo70

You are right! James Garner is another one of those Wilfred-like fellows. Who could resist a sales pitch from James Garner/Jim Rockford.

Hoss mentioned Tom Cruise. I wouldn't buy nothing from that phoney smile, phoney laughing pretty boy! I would put old Wilfred up against Cruise anyday in a Jerry Lewis Telethon! Old Wilfred would have people sending in the deeds to there homes, and mailing in there life savings while pretty boy Tom would be on his knees begging and looking like a regular jack*****!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:20 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Ithink about half would buy from Beavers mom
Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
ckangaroo70

Both are selling AMA Mmeberships. Now which one of these fellows are you going to buy from?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63759.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	480024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15902.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	480025  
Old 06-19-2006, 09:38 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well, now...

If I flew an Astro Hog with a K&B 61...I'd buy from that mustacioed gentleman on the left, by golly, that's what I would do, as soon as my next Social Security check came in.

Now...if I was flying a 3D Shock Flyer, TORQUIN' down low in the middle of the runway, I'd get it from the awsummm dude on the right, fer sure!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
ckangaroo70

Well, now...

If I flew an Astro Hog with a K&B 61...I'd buy from that mustacioed gentleman on the left, by golly, that's what I would do, as soon as my next Social Security check came in.

LMAO! I guess thats why he is the current oatmeal spokeman! Old Wilford is such a good salesman though that I find myself picking up a box of oatmeal now and again and I am only 36 years old and still have all my teeth, and could easily still eat grape nuts if they didn't give me such a splitting headache when I eat them! I also own an astro hog bipe!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And if you parkflyers really want to get noticed, Douse yourselves in 10% (no need to waste the good stuff) set yourselves on fire and run some, "Hot laps", around the park, all the while screaming zzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Now that'll get you some notice.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
scottrc

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hoss has brought up the number ONE problem with the AMA, STL has also brought this up, and that the AMA lacks MOTIVATION and MARKETING to attract and keep members. Selling DVDs, neck ties with little airplanes on them, and stuffing my mailbox with credit card offers is not POSITIVE promotion for this organization. And the current leadership kinda lacks the charisma to go out in from of the general public and draw positive attention.

Get Tom to speak to the young, Wilford for the seniors, and a bunch of hot babes for us all.

Scott
Old 06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: scottrc

Get Tom to speak to the young, Wilford for the seniors, and a bunch of hot babes for us all.

Scott
Hot Babes????? At our age, Icy Hot is more like it, or Hot Water Bottle.

Bill, AMA 4720