Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

LETS JUST JABBER ABOUT WHATEVER AMA TOPIC IS ON OUR MIND

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

LETS JUST JABBER ABOUT WHATEVER AMA TOPIC IS ON OUR MIND

Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
bhole74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LETS JUST JABBER ABOUT WHATEVER AMA TOPIC IS ON OUR MIND

No organization, manufacturer or government will ever accomplish anything without trial and error. Same for AMA. If those who thinks the National flying site isn't worth the effort, or perhaps the e-ticket, tiered membership and other programs are a waste of time, I ask how do you KNOW for SURE unless someone tries.

BTW, the AMA already invests some funds. Better drop that membership bhole!
As long as they don't trade real property for the stocks, I'm cool with it. I would have to be a fool to sell my $400k house and shop just to invest it in the market, but if you want to...go ahead. Don't try to say stocks will give a cash return year after year, the market is only good for long term. I have W-M stock which isn't worth squat right now but some of my other stock has tripled. I also know people who have lost everything in the market because of a quack financial advisor. IT IS A RISK! Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as you would like the AMA to do.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
bhole74

Yes, bhole, you would have time. It's all-volunteer right now, you're just moving the location.
Then who was it you wanted fired for not working?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: bhole74

The AMA is declining. Any argument?
Numbers speak for themselves, personally I think the reason for the decline is more old guys passing on without younger people taking their places.
I don't care to finance their events, thank you.
Do you ever go to a flyin and pay a landing fee? Hmm....
The numbers won't increase until the AMA figures out what the parkflyer crowd and non-AMA members want. Last I checked, the loudest anti-AMA voices still don't know what they want so how is the AMA ever going to know? Trial and error, unless you have the answers already. If so, please inform Muncie, not RCU.
i can't remember ever having to pay a landing fee for an event i did not attend, unless, of course, you count the membership percentage that i pay to support thr NFC so other clubs can have their events there.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

So what your saying is to sell off Muncie. OK, now lets put that into actual perspective, instead of just a pipe dream.

So they sell the field for a ridiculous amount. Say $1M. Minus capital gain leaves you with about $850k. That comes to a savings of about $5 per member for only 1 year. WOW!!!

Not to mention you just tossed out their largest chunk of actual equity, no more emergency bank loans if needed. Plus the fact now you have to relocate the AMA into a new home. This means you have to come up with a 6-12 month lease cash. And now since your going to lease instead of investing in actual property your just throwing money out the window.

So tell me again, how is selling off Muncie going to actually save the AMA? I could see if the AMA was located in the middle of Manhattan or waterfront property in Malibu, but your talking about Muncie Indiana.

Cost savings huh????
????? Dion, have you been drinking again? I did not say anything above, yet you responded to me again. Get your crap in one sock there.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-20-2006, 04:18 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

No, what Ulmer wants to do is sell off most of the AMA's equity and trade it in for a few dollars in savings for each of it's members for a single year. Even if it were 3 million dollars trade in, a ridiculous amount, that equates to $16 per member, for only 1 year AND all of your equity is now GONE!!! No more loans, no more backing, no more tax shelters.

I mean what an intelligent move that is!!! He's not even talking about trading the equity in for stock, because he wants to just wants absorb all that money into lower prices AMA memberships instead.

How do you convert AMA equity into ruduced savings for members AND stock at the same time? You can't have both Ulmer.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

Well, I must be arguing with a complete dolt
ptulmer. I've told you, and I've told you...never argue with an idiot. Bystanders might not be able to tell the difference.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-20-2006, 04:36 PM
STLPilot

Stick I'm really surprised in you. You'd be the last person I would think whom wanted to see the AMA sold off so that we can all save a few dollars for a single year.

Very surprised.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

No, what Ulmer wants to do is sell off most of the AMA's equity and trade it in for a few dollars in savings for each of it's members for a single year.
STL, you are a liar and a fraud. Anybody that has read my posts know that's a lie. Stop misquoting me in order to make your argument. IF you have an argument make it. You don't have one, so you lie.

Just to reiterate, I'm looking to discuss real options that we can communicate to your leaders if necessary. If the AMA membership continues to shrink, I don't want to see it disappear. I'd much rather see it become an effective, efficient organization. (it could stand a little more of that, anyway) That's our job as members. To vote in good leaders, and change them when they're not doing what we want. Thankfully, you have to be a member to vote. (to bad, huh, STL?) And you should know what you're voting about.

Stickbuilder, you're right. I've got to remember what I'm dealing with. The evidence is clear! He ain't got a mind to change![&:]
Old 06-20-2006, 05:38 PM
bhole74

ORIGINAL: mongo

The AMA is declining. Any argument?
Numbers speak for themselves, personally I think the reason for the decline is more old guys passing on without younger people taking their places.
I don't care to finance their events, thank you.
Do you ever go to a flyin and pay a landing fee? Hmm....
The numbers won't increase until the AMA figures out what the parkflyer crowd and non-AMA members want. Last I checked, the loudest anti-AMA voices still don't know what they want so how is the AMA ever going to know? Trial and error, unless you have the answers already. If so, please inform Muncie, not RCU.
i can't remember ever having to pay a landing fee for an event i did not attend, unless, of course, you count the membership percentage that i pay to support thr NFC so other clubs can have their events there.
Your welcome to go there and use/ tour the facilities any time you like. It's your choice.
You don't pay for the event's held there by other clubs, just the grounds/ facilities.
BTW, the event I plan to attend this year still requires a landing fee which I gladly paid in advance.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:51 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ptulmer

stickbuilder is right, and you are only feeding the troll! If you say yellow, he will say blue! If you say up, he will say down. He is obviously trying to get some needed attention, and I am beginning to wonder if he even has any business working around children? We want good role models for our child, and some of the comments he has made have shown that a role model he is not! I would also not want him spewing his nonsense into my childrens head. He is obviously all talker and no listener! Children like to be listened to, and I can only invision there words falling on his deaf ears just like his ears work here in discussions amongst other adults!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

have been to muncie
found it to be a cesspool
absolutly no desire to ever return
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Stickbuilder

Stick I'm really surprised in you. You'd be the last person I would think whom wanted to see the AMA sold off so that we can all save a few dollars for a single year.

Very surprised.
Go back and check your post. You said that in reply to me.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Stickbuilder

Dion,

Go back and read my post (#27) You replied to me in post 28. You attributed some things to me that I didn't say. I think you need to get your doo-doo in one sock. You ain't got it together, man. This is not the first time that you have done that. Go meet your pal E.T. and have a stiff drink. ptulmer and the rest are not going anywhere. We'll still be here when you get back. [8D]

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
bhole74

Mongo, why do you say it was a cesspool? Looks like a pretty nice site to me, but...........just curious.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:52 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mongo, why do you say it was a cesspool? Looks like a pretty nice site to me, but...........just curious.
Because Mongo say AMA BAD. EVERYTHING AMA BAD! Mongo no like AMA!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Dion,

Go back and read my post (#27) You replied to me in post 28. You attributed some things to me that I didn't say. I think you need to get your doo-doo in one sock. You ain't got it together, man. This is not the first time that you have done that. Go meet your pal E.T. and have a stiff drink. ptulmer and the rest are not going anywhere. We'll still be here when you get back. [8D]

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah, I want to hear this guy slurring "eee-ticked...ya gottahava eeeeeticket" after five drinks...thanks, I'll pass!
I'll have a nice strawberry milkshake with Dave Brown down at the Malt Shop instead, and we can talk about the new fountains we plan to put in on the front lawn at Muncie! It's gonna be GREAT! Colored lights and everything, a giant bronze cherub in the center, spitting water from his mouth. Tasteful, yet it shouts "mooolah! We are an organization to be RESPECTED!"
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM
ptulmer

[sm=lol.gif] Easytiger, every once in awhile, you make it hard to dislike you. That's the funniest thing I've read lately.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER
Yeah, I want to hear this guy slurring "eee-ticked...ya gottahava eeeeeticket" after five drinks...thanks, I'll pass!
I'll have a nice strawberry milkshake with Dave Brown down at the Malt Shop instead, and we can talk about the new fountains we plan to put in on the front lawn at Muncie! It's gonna be GREAT! Colored lights and everything, a giant bronze cherub in the center, spitting water from his mouth. Tasteful, yet it shouts "mooolah! We are an organization to be RESPECTED!"
Naw, you don't want the cherub spitting water from his mouth, instead have him peeing 15% Omega, or Morgan's. Now that'll shout, "Moolah".

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM
KidEpoxy

Does this mean we arent gonna get the big year-round flying campus outside of San Diego?

If we are just making up quotes for PTulmer, can I cite him as saying Bad is Good? Or any other insane gibberish to atribute to him even if it is contrary to what he actually said? PT made it very clear he wanted a returning investment, yet the Fact Impaired had to spin lies...

Seems a healthy lot of us are standoffish to having Muncie cashhole
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 AM
STLPilot

Stop misquoting me in order to make your argument. IF you have an argument make it. You don't have one, so you lie.
Selling off all that property would eliminate some ongoing costs and open up funds for investments that return cash.

I said investments that have cash returns. Lowers the yearly dues, not just once. Now, you've also fired the mowers, saving another hefty sum, you're not paying property taxes, etc, either. More savings. How many employees could now be laid off because their responsibilities have been eliminated.
Your right, you didn't just say to sell off the property, too transfer that money in for invesments and then use that money keep annual dues down, you also think laying off some of the employees in Muncie was a good idea as well! Obviously you don't know alot about investments and how important equity is to a business, much more important then to a single person.

Not even mentioning the fact that just "laying off" employees will only increase costs as well. Are you going to pay others overtime to support the workers? Outsource? Whose going to support "the AMA's mission", you know those parts that don't have anything to do with you.

Stocks are not even close as strong in equity as is property. Don't forget you have to pay a good amount of money in taxes from profits on investments, you cannot just take that profit and put it back into the AMA as cash to reduce the savings to the members. If you do you'll lose 30%+ of that money in taxes alone. So if you are going to have interest bearing investements and use that money as "fuel" for the AMA tell us how you do that without getting hammered in taxes?? You cannot, the only thing you can do is keep investing, just like owning property which has just as good rate of growth and a lot more protection, ESPECIALLY when you need to call the bank, or call on investors.

Best thing about property is that the capital gain and taxes is FIXED at only 15% if/when you have to cash out. In many cases there is $0 capital gain!! Cash out on your stocks and just see how much money you lose, it won't be anywhere close to 0-15%. Don't you know that property is also and "interest bearing" investment, especially right now. Just because you had stocks that doubled in two years, doesn't mean that the AMA wouldn't buy in on some stocks that double in loss in 2 years.

There is your arguement.

Listen guys, I'm not here to make best friends, I do that in my personal life, off the Internet. Sometimes on the RC flying field, the free flight fields and moreso on the full scale flying field. I'm here on THIS SPECIFIC FORUM to SUPPORT the AMA, not to help break it up in pieces. Also to support the GREAT ideas of the AMA. For the last time, I didn't come up with the e-ticket idea. I just support the AMA's vision because it makes a lot of sense. You guys make it look like it was my proposal or something. Also go back and look how many threads were started about the e-ticket on the last 3 or so pages or the AMA forums, like 15+ of them. How many did I start, 0 ???

Roo, your comments are ridiculous. You don't know what kind of person I am, not by a longshot.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:16 AM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

Oh great now dion is a friggin tax expert and financial advisor. as usual with this forum garbage in and garbage out

All hail dion he is the only one that knows anything
Old 06-21-2006, 07:07 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: LeeL

Oh great now dion is a friggin tax expert and financial advisor. as usual with this forum garbage in and garbage out

All hail dion he is the only one that knows anything
While I do think Dion deserves a great big e-ticket to the teeth, he is absolutely correct about property versus other investments. Pretty much right on the money.
You don't keep everything in stocks and RENT a house to live in, it's really, really stupid.
Dion may be wrong about some things, but not about all.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
P-51B

The simple solution is for the AMA to establish multiple "National Flying Sites." They could start with one in each district, eventually expand to two. Later, there could be one in each state and so on and son on and so on.

Let's jabber about who should take Dave Brown's place in the next "election."
Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 AM
ptulmer

Well, a change of subject is welcome, just one last parting question. Since anybody that invests knows that Dion and ET are just plain wrong, my question to you Dion is this. How does getting rid of unproductive employees raise costs? They weren't doing anything in the first place! I'm not accusing anybody in particular. But there needs to be oversight to make sure everybody has work or no job. Any large business tends to get fat, that's why large corporations can lay off twenty thousand people at a clip and stay in business. Your math would put them out of business.[sm=bananahead.gif]

P-51B, who do you want?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:46 AM
STLPilot

Since anybody that invests knows that Dion and ET are just plain wrong, my question to you Dion is this.
First off we are not talking about personal investments, we are talking about corporate investments. Corporations need HARD GOOD investments, MUCH more then they need stock investments. But hey, you know everything, so we'll just leave it at that. Also I don't know what the property rate in Jawja is doing, but in most parts of the US, I'd say it's rather strong right now.

How does getting rid of unproductive employees raise costs? They weren't doing anything in the first place! I'm not accusing anybody in particular. But there needs to be oversight to make sure everybody has work or no job. Any large business tends to get fat, that's why large corporations can lay off twenty thousand people at a clip and stay in business. Your math would put them out of business.
OK, now this is going to be a bit more fun. For one thing you can't just get rid of employees until you've downsized production. What is production. Well I showed you above what the AMA does within their company and with their employees, it's much much more then just get us good insurance rates. They are a full service prodvider of services. Much like AAA, AOPA, EAA etc. The problem is that you cannot fathom the AMA as a full service provider, only your insurance provider.

So until the AMA starts slashing it's services, one by one, getting rid of employees will INCREASE costs by having to either pay overtime or outsourcing to fill the voids of the lost employee support. Not to mention the fact that the AMA will goto crap if it cannot handle the demand of it's service to the members.

But most importantly who are you to say that the AMA is not doing their job? Where did you come up with this information?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.