Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Some are Getting a FACE washing! HA-HA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Some are Getting a FACE washing! HA-HA

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 01:20 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some are Getting a FACE washing! HA-HA

How does that face washing feel to those out there that made all those remarks about Cain stating he couldn't do the EVP job (Not so. I simply stated that I would use outside help for the tougher accounting items. Not anything really new considering the dues $$$$ AMA expends each year for those items, along with legal financial help).

Now that Professional, so extremely versed and Qualified, in his Feb. MA column, gives it to you straight. He writes:
"Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic."

IMO, the EVP is washing your faces with his own personal stream of water. Har, Har, Har de Har.
Certainly makes for my happier new year! ROFL&L&L
Old 12-30-2002, 03:20 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some are Getting a FACE washing! HA-HA

Originally posted by Hossfly
How does that face washing feel to those out there that made all those remarks about Cain stating he couldn't do the EVP job (Not so. I simply stated that I would use outside help for the tougher accounting items. Not anything really new considering the dues $$$$ AMA expends each year for those items, along with legal financial help).

Now that Professional, so extremely versed and Qualified, in his Feb. MA column, gives it to you straight. He writes:

IMO, the EVP is washing your faces with his own personal stream of water. Har, Har, Har de Har.
Horrace Cain

I wish you could submit the campaign statements for EVP to friends of yours that are not familiar with AMA politics and blank out the names. Have them read them and see what their impression is. Unfortunately, the statements stand on thier own and no 'clarification' is available. You only get one chance at a first impression. Your campaign statement did not do what you had intended. You can blame the electorate or reflect on the truth. Try to remember that when you point a finger at someone, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

You might also try to realize that an amateur is someone who is not paid for their effort. Doug Holland, the EVP incumbent and EVP elect fits that description when referred to in the context of the AMA. Although he may be a CPA professional in his 'real life', he is a CPA amateur in his AMA life. The entire EC carries amateur status, in that respect.

Horrace, it is time to wash your face, brush your teeth and get rid of the taste of sour grapes. You have something to offer all of us, so go forward, and leave this episode in the past where it belongs.

JR
Old 12-31-2002, 07:03 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Some are Getting a FACE washing! HA-HA

Originally posted by Hossfly

I don't know exactly what he means about a "face washing", but the above just about says it all about Horace Cain, what HE is all about.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:42 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NICE

HEY YOU TWO BE NICE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SET ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER AT A VERY PRIVATE SUPPER.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

DENNIS