Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Where is the District III VP?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Where is the District III VP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the District III VP?

The Firelands Float Flyers located in New London, Ohio just finished hosting its 4th annual fly in. We had another beautiful weekend with around 30 pilots and about 75 aircraft for the weekend. Once again we invited Mr Brown and/or Mr Barby to attend. Once again they were no shows and once again didn't even acknowledge receiving the email inviting them. This year we cc'd the AMA Executive Director the invitation and didn't receive any acknowledgment from that office either. I don't understand why we don't even get an acknowledgment from these folks, if for no other reason out of politeness. We are a sanctioned event and have been for the last four years and have one of the nicest spots around to fly from. Our event grows every year and it just baffles us why AMA won't even acknowledge we exist. I guess that if your event doesn't happen in western PA or in the Columbus, OH area it doesn't deserve any publicity. We don't expect the red carpet treatment, but an acknowledgment of receiving the invitation is just good manners. But it is the AMA, why should we expect anything more?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:24 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Where is the District III VP?

One more thing as I am ranting and raving, thanks to RCU for generating an email asking how our event went and giving space to post pictures. Gee, and they charge us 90 bucks to charter and another 25 bucks for a sanction. They just have great customer service so we will keep coming back. A novel idea!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plain truth is......The AMA is really going in an entirely different direction than most of the members want to see it go. That's what "Monopoly's do.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:46 PM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike Barbie is a very active competitor as well as a business owner and probably very busy. I cannot defend him not answering his E-mail from you but he is a nice guy and a fantastic scale modeler. Try writing him again and see what he says.

Bob Brown!?

Paul
Old 08-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Epoxy Moxy
My Feedback: (3)

I have learned( might I say the hard way) to rely on the AMA for one thing and one thing only. LIABILITY INSURANCE! IMHO that whole bunch speak with forked tongue, as Tonto would say.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:11 AM
[email protected]

It simply shocks me how much we have to pay the AMA to belong, and how very little we get for our money! As a CD (and CD of the aforementioned Firelands Float Flyers event + another event) I have filed my reports less than a week following the event, but, to date, my 50% AMA Dues discount has not been given to me either!

It would be nice if these Area Representatives would attend our sanctioned events once in a while. I believe that this should be a mandatory duty of holding that position. For them to not even acknowledge the Invitations is completely unacceptable! (Now for four straight years!!!!!)