Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

Old 02-06-2003, 06:45 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA

Thats Spelled BOWLES MR. CAIN and just the answer I expected, no, not a Democrat . Being the AMA President means nothing outside the Model Aviation Arena , I would GUESS to say that many of the members of AMA don't even know who the President of AMA is. Join the Real World Mr. Cain , Because the Political Strong arm of the AMA president is pretty short.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:45 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by Hossfly

Mr. Bowels!!

Sounds like a question from a true democrat. Not worth acknowledging, much less an answer.
You know what, Horace? You're a JERK.
Where do you get off?
In the end...you are just an old guy with a grudge against AMA. You don't like young people, you don't like the AMA, you don't like "democrats", it just goes on and on.
And when someone disagrees with you, you inevitably start calling them names.
And you got SUED once before for spreading lies. Why don't you shut up already?
What did Dave Bowles ever do to you, except shoot holes in your baloney?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:03 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default Tho Old Days are GONE Hoss

Hoss the most interesting part about the old days, is they are old. As in don't apply to now a days. I have told and been told about the old days and how good they were. Now you have to make the new days do the same thing. John Worth, don't know him, but if he was such an autocrat as you say he was, wouldn't get away with it today. As we get up in years, it gets harder and harder to see past our own noses, our own opinions and our own beliefs. This tends to put us at odds with just about everything and everyone, except those that think like us. That club gets smaller and smaller as time passes. You wonder what happened to everyone. The question should be, whats happening to me/you. Being a contemplative person I have to look at other possibilites and give them some more consideration than I normally do sometimes. Getting juvenile with names and combatative with people in general serves no postive purpose and is a poor personal trait. Most modelers I know are not like that. Talk to more than just your little small group of people for a reality check. You might be surprized, but then again maybe not.

Vince Presley
Old 02-06-2003, 03:43 PM
J_R

Default In defense of Horrace

Originally posted by vpresley
Hoss the most interesting part about the old days, is they are old. As in don't apply to now a days. I have told and been told about the old days and how good they were. Now you have to make the new days do the same thing. John Worth, don't know him, but if he was such an autocrat as you say he was, wouldn't get away with it today. As we get up in years, it gets harder and harder to see past our own noses, our own opinions and our own beliefs. This tends to put us at odds with just about everything and everyone, except those that think like us. That club gets smaller and smaller as time passes. You wonder what happened to everyone. The question should be, whats happening to me/you. Being a contemplative person I have to look at other possibilites and give them some more consideration than I normally do sometimes. Getting juvenile with names and combatative with people in general serves no postive purpose and is a poor personal trait. Most modelers I know are not like that. Talk to more than just your little small group of people for a reality check. You might be surprized, but then again maybe not.

Vince Presley
In defense of Horrace, I guess I set him up for that. Very few of us, that can remember the days of John Worth, are as even-handed as Horrace was in his statement. Either Worth was loved or hated. He was definitely a "strong" ED. I asked Horrace for his opinion because I think it is important, for those that do not remember, to understand how the ED position has evolved. For as long as anyone can remember, the AMA is not going to be looking for a "strong" ED again.

As to Horrace himself, he is gruff and hmmm... anti-social? He has some of the best ideas, and ... worst that you will see about the AMA, but, sometimes it is difficult to get past the rhetoric to even consider them. If you look at the posts on any forum where he and I post, you will find that I probably chide him more than anyone else. Yet, at the same time, I have a great deal of respect for him.

To any of you that see Horrace as being against youth, you need to track down his real feelings. He can be very proud of those he perceives as deserving. Age has nothing to do with it.

JR
Old 02-06-2003, 03:53 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Tho Old Days are GONE Hoss

Originally posted by vpresley
Hoss the most interesting part about the old days, is they are old. As in don't apply to now a days.

Vince Presley
He who forgets history is destined to repeat it...not sure if that is good or bad here, but it is worth mentioning.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

>>>>>>>>>>
Thats Spelled BOWLES MR. CAIN and just the answer I expected, no, not a Democrat . Being the AMA President means nothing outside the Model Aviation Arena , I would GUESS to say that many of the members of AMA don't even know who the President of AMA is. Join the Real World Mr. Cain , Because the Political Strong arm of the AMA president is pretty short.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Hossfly

Default Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

>>>>>>>>>>

You know what, Horace? You're a JERK.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default AMA

The point is , the position of AMA president is not all that it is made out to be, he is not the all powerful "OZ" , and being the AMA president doesn't mean you can change anything, My point being that if someone like RCAdmin where to be elected wanting to completely tear down and rearrange everything it probably wouldn't happen not without the support of the other officers, my point being that there is to much attention going to the AMA president position as a place to make change in the AMA. I understand how someone like Dave Brown can get some Ideas brought to light , I have yet to see the same ability in anybody else who has mentioned wanting to run .
Old 02-06-2003, 09:26 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I'm not going to bother to read Horace's response above. I got as far as the insults, then stopped. The guy is a broken record, and he has no idea of what he is talking about whatsoever. It is a discredit to some of you folks out there that you would listen to this guy and take him seriously.

Anyway...
I just have to say...Mr. Presley, that was a very well-thought-out, well-written, and well-intentioned post. I'll buy you a beer anytime. I think you are spitting into the wind, as far as Hoss is concerned, but thank you for trying. I hope, as I grow older, that I grow wiser and kinder, like you, and not bitter and cranky, like some others.
All the best.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:43 AM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default JR, I understand

I dont think Horrace is a bad guy at all. But the message sometimes gets lost, in the words used. That is usually the point I try to make. Today it seems almost impossible to communicate in a postive way if you disagree with someone. Guilty of it myself when not engaging brain, before opening mouth.

Vince
Old 02-08-2003, 08:04 PM
P-51B

Originally posted by Hossfly
>>
OTOH some have to hide behind some chosen false name, and will not reveal their person or position. They smart off big time since they do not have to be personally accountable for being a cowardly soul with little or no moral character.

Horrace
Horrace, maybe, just maybe in this day and age, some choose to remain anonymous so that potetial psychos can't show up to do bodily harm to family and friends.

Sounds to me like you think you have the sole proprietorship on moral character...how pompous. Maybe you should stick to the confronting facts and arguments presented here, rather than making ASSumptions which you have no justification in making.

You often make good arguments, stick to that rather than silly personnal attacks which reduce your credibility.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:25 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well...B-model Mustang, I agree with your post entirely, except on one point...I do NOT think he occasionally makes good points...I think he is just a guy with a long-standing grudge against the AMA.
And yep, it always comes down to personal attacks. Which are just TOO EASY.
And you are dead right...I do have a family, and I don't want every nutjob from the internet showing up at my door. It's just common sense.
But I am far from anonymous. Many, many people from RCU know my name and where I live, and we have done business together, and gone flying together, all that good stuff. I'm not exactly hidden, you know? And those who know me know that I am not afraid to take a stand, and I don't "hide behind a screen name" just to start fights, and that I would not be afraid to confront some sanctimonious, misguided, insulting old CRANK who does a disservice to our hobby by spreading his venom and baloney, in PERSON, just as I am not afraid to confront him on the internet.
Some NERVE, this guy. He gets roundly defeated for re-election to the EC after only ONE term, many years ago, and he just won't give it up. And he gets defeated AGAIN, resoundingly, as a completely unqualified candidate for EVP just a few months back. And he gets SUED for spewing lies about the incumbent candidate.
I don't think he wants what is good for US, the members of the AMA. He has his OWN agenda, some sort of vengeance for some slight, real or imagined.
And while he is ranting about the corruption and the "old boy network" and how evil the AMA is, others are quietly WORKING within the system, and making changes for the better. It happens all the time. But it ain't Horace doing it. He's too busy screaming, making personal attacks, and just all-around being angry.
Horace, why don't you go build something. Or fly something. Somewhere along the line, it seems you forgot what this hobby is all about. It's not supposed to be about ANGER.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Hossfly

Easy XXXXx pops off again: >>>Some NERVE, this guy. He gets roundly defeated for re-election to the EC after only ONE term, many years ago, and he just won't give it up. And he gets defeated AGAIN, resoundingly, as a completely unqualified candidate for EVP just a few months back. And he gets SUED for spewing lies about the incumbent candidate.
I don't think he wants what is good for US, the members of the AMA. He has his OWN agenda, some sort of vengeance for some slight, real or imagined.
And while he is ranting about the corruption and the "old boy network" and how evil the AMA is, others are quietly WORKING within the system, and making changes for the better.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:13 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

You RESIGNED? Fill us in. Why did you RESIGN?
Old 02-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Hossfly

The PHD of RC:>>>>>Horrace, maybe, just maybe in this day and age, some choose to remain anonymous so that potetial psychos can't show up to do bodily harm to family and friends.

Sounds to me like you think you have the sole proprietorship on moral character...how pompous. Maybe you should stick to the confronting facts and arguments presented here, rather than making ASSumptions which you have no justification in making.

You often make good arguments, stick to that rather than silly personnal attacks which reduce your credibility
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Hossfly

Default Resigned

Originally posted by EASYTIGER
You RESIGNED? Fill us in. Why did you RESIGN?

Fill me in with Name, address, telephone # and I will do so. There are plenty that post here that know so.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:27 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Why? Why are you so interested in having my home adress and telephone? I am not going to take your call, sorry...
So, again, I ask...why did you resign?
Old 02-08-2003, 10:40 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Sudden silence. Was it like Richard Milhouse Nixon's "resignation"?
I have never heard of ANY other person who ever "resigned" from the EC...what gives?
Old 02-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default HUMMMM

Maybe he was flogged out of office with a large trout
Old 02-08-2003, 11:26 PM
GrnBrt

This has gotten way off track of the original post and if it doesn't come back around I will close it down.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:41 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Poor trout.