Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Number

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:40 AM
vtl1180ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Number

I've been long out of flying at AMA fields and let my AMA membership long expire. Looking to renew and want to keep my old number but can't find any old cards. I did manage to find a few old copies of Model Aviation (1993) Can anyone tell me if the number on the front after the first few letters of your last name is your AMA #? I sent an email to the AMA and they couldn't find any record of me.... I think I last renewed in 93 or 94 before my life became real hectic and being a Heli guy I was able to just hover around my backyard when I had the time...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 AM
coolbean

Default RE: AMA Number

nevermind.. I should read the entire post before I respond..
Old 09-22-2006, 11:38 AM
vtl1180ny

Hahaha.... It's Ok... I broke down and did a search and found some posts about reinstating old numbers... I guess I'm going to find out soon enough if someone has my old number....
Old 10-24-2006, 02:36 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AMA is pretty cool I joined in 1967 and got my original AMA number backAMA52920 so go for it!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

If you can give them your name and your old address they can find it.
When I got back into it, I was going to use my old number but it was already used.

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

I've been long out of flying at AMA fields and let my AMA membership long expire. Looking to renew and want to keep my old number but can't find any old cards. I did manage to find a few old copies of Model Aviation (1993) Can anyone tell me if the number on the front after the first few letters of your last name is your AMA #? I sent an email to the AMA and they couldn't find any record of me.... I think I last renewed in 93 or 94 before my life became real hectic and being a Heli guy I was able to just hover around my backyard when I had the time...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Just can't help but wonder, just what difference does a number assigned to you make? Why so many AMA guys seem to view their number as a source of pride or distinction has always escaped me. BTW it is possible to request and acquire lower numbers to give the appearance of innate majesty if desired.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:27 AM
carwood444

Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people are just plain proud to belong to the AMA. You can find this in just about any organization. Your AMA number to some is a yard stick to measure the length of time they have belonged. And sometimes AMA members are proud of this fact.

My AMA is 18633. This was my dad's number, he passed away 2 years ago. When someone asks about my number I tell them where it came from. And I am proud of the fact that my father was a member for so many years. This also gives me another opportunity to keep a small piece of him with me all the time.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a guy who has the Number L39. This Lifetime member number was passed on to him by a gentalman that passed away in his old club. They where great friends and this was presented to him. I think that's pretty darn special.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: carwood444

My AMA is 18633. This was my dad's number, he passed away 2 years ago.

Ken Bryant

They where great friends and this was presented to him.

That is indeed special.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
vtl1180ny

I got my old number back and I even signed my 7 year old up as a Jr member....
Old 10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
rcmiket

Numbers are great just wish they were my primary insurance.