Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

R/C planes and paint ball

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
I support paintballing planes & am an AMA member
45.96%
I support paintballing planes & am NOT an AMA member
3.11%
I do not suport paintballing planes & am an AMA member
28.57%
I do not support paintballing planes & am NOT an AMA member
1.86%
Undecided AMA member
6.83%
Undecided NOT an AMA member
0.62%
Why does anybody care what someone else does with their plane?
13.04%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

R/C planes and paint ball

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:43 PM
archerry
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C planes and paint ball

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

So? Who cares what the OTHER guys are doing? Since when has THAT worked? All you are doing here is alienating one other sect of the hobby. Don't worry about what the combat or turbine or heli guys are doing, worry about paintball.
You know.... I'm very glad you made this point.... For example:

Combat - helmets have to be worn and distances warranted by engine size...... That's basically it to make it safe.....
Free Flight - launch 100 feet down wind. And once launched, they are essentially out of control.
Control Line (combat) - Pull Test still does not account for broken lines.
I've been to all these events and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER witnessed and hair raising dangerous things at these events.
And shall I make the list go on...........

Who cares what the OTHER guys are doing, you say. WELL........
Don't fly faster than 200MPH (100MPH at night) and don't be over 55 lbs wet (or 100lbs with AMA waiver)
Turbine waivers will prevent crashes and fan out fires (no need for the fire extinguisher)...... OH, no after burners (Europeans are allowed them....)
Planes are indestructible and don't come apart in mid-airs or hard landings.
Helis haven't thrown blades or have their gyros go out.....
and these are normal everyday things.

What do you mean, "Who cares what the OTHER guys are doing." What is the point of that comment? Are you one of those guys?

All events/contests had to start somewhere and eventually where approved by AMA, otherwise we would not see it today.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:58 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this:

If YOU want to get an activity approved, like paintballing, you had better talk to the AMA about PAINTBALLING. You had better NOT talk to them about what other people are doing.
Does not do any good, when you get caught stealing cookies, to say your sister ALSO stole cookies...does not excuse you, does it? Did that ever work on your Mom or Dad when you were a kid?
Go try it on the EC or Safety Commitee. See how it goes over.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 AM
KidEpoxy

Does not do any good, when you get caught stealing cookies, to say your sister ALSO stole cookies...does not excuse you, does it? Did that ever work on your Mom or Dad when you were a kid?
Try looking at it from a not doing something forbidden aspect:

When you want to have a cookie and mom says No,
"But my sister got a cookie, why does she get one & I dont?"

This is not stealing & then getting caught. Nor is it injuring someone and then getting denied insurance. This is already having permission (AMA OK per may'05 contact) & trying to keep it.

Lets carry on the debating aspects in one of the many other current PaintBall Threads, preferably the AMA Rule thread where the basic concept argueing goes on.

This is a poll, not a debate.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well, good luck with that. I think you are going to find that the EC and Safety Committees do not share your logic. But I guess we will see.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

"This is already having permission (AMA OK per may'05 contact) & trying to keep it."

This is pretty absurd. Just because they did not say "no" during that phone conversation does not mean they "had permission".

I think Carl Maroney's letter is awfully clear! The answer is "AMA DOES NOT CONDONE THIS ACTIVITY."

Can we not kid ourselves into thinking it's somehow been okayed by AMA?

If someone wants to get specific permission from AMA, and CAN get it, then fine by me.

But in the meanwhile, don't delude yourselves into thinking you are covered. And you DID read Carl's response.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
KidEpoxy

Lets carry on the debating aspects in one of the many other current PaintBall Threads, preferably the AMA Rule thread where the basic concept argueing goes on.

lets

---edit--
Anyone that wants details on the Corona FunFest PBshoot ([link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/comp/ContestCalendar/Webcalendar/Flying%20Events/wc05012005.htm]AMA Event Listing 6th item[/link])
can contact the Corona club directly
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 PM
brentp76
My Feedback: (14)

Just voted... can you guess what I said? I sure am glad there is another paintball debate going on.... You know, a debate in a thread that was not intended to be a debate.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Rat1

Hey can I come over? I will tote my .410 shot gun with. Not any more lethal then a paintball gun so it should be just as safe. Heck I will just bring my 12 guage. some 7 1/2 or 8 in 2 3/4 at about 30 yards this size shot would only leave some welts on a persons skin.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:55 PM
ArCeeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Is there a point to that? Why are you talking about shooting people? Hey, I have an idea. You could find out if that size shot at 30 yards really only leaves welts on your skin. First, YOU will need a 30 yard piece of string...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Rat1

Reason I know is that I personally have been shot by a dimwit that was not paying attention. I am an avid hunter and firearm owner.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
KidEpoxy

well, so far it is 34 to 21 in favor of it.

Maybe we can get STL to interpret this poll like the Monopoly Poll and show us how the numbers clearly show folks are against it.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
ArCeeFlyer

Rat1: "Reason I know is that I personally have been shot by a dimwit that was not paying attention. I am an avid hunter and firearm owner."
Now that's a piece of experience. I'm glad it wasn't fatal or really bad. Are you sure he really wasn't aiming at you. Just kidding.

KidEpoxy: "well, so far it is 34 to 21 in favor of it.

Maybe we can get STL to interpret this poll like the Monopoly Poll and show us how the numbers clearly show folks are against it."
I'm sure all that matters to him are the ones that voted against. The rest of us are clueless, in his mind.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Rat1

ORIGINAL: ArCeeFlyer

Rat1: "Reason I know is that I personally have been shot by a dimwit that was not paying attention. I am an avid hunter and firearm owner."
Now that's a piece of experience. I'm glad it wasn't fatal or really bad. Are you sure he really wasn't aiming at you. Just kidding.

KidEpoxy: "well, so far it is 34 to 21 in favor of it.

Maybe we can get STL to interpret this poll like the Monopoly Poll and show us how the numbers clearly show folks are against it."
I'm sure all that matters to him are the ones that voted against. The rest of us are clueless, in his mind.
I can tell you that number 4 shot in a three inch mag will penetrate through a heavy sweater and into skin from 30 yards. It will leave many little dings in the wood work of a nice shot gun also.

Old friend and I were walking the edge of a slew. he was on one side and I was on the other. Nice Greenhead plops down between us and I look over and all I see is a barrel of a 12 guage pointing my way. I instantly pull my arm and shot gun up to shield my face and hear a big boom. Shot pellets burst toward me, and rip through the material of my camo. I had my camo open inthe front as I was hot and some pellets caught my in this area and penetrated through my sheatshirt and imbed themselves in the skin. I pulled 5 pellets out from under my skin while sitting in the truck. Tell the guy it is time to go home now and that I am done hunting with him.

A year later while out rifle hunting for whitetail deer, I am walkign a rivers edge then sit to rest. About 20 mins and I hear something coming through the bush, Out pops this guy. We look at each other and I imediatly head to the truck. He runs into another buddy that was out in the woods also and he asks my buddy what my problem is. Buddy says "Hey you shot him with a 12 guage, do you really think he wants to be in the same woods as you when you are carrying a 30-06"???

Yes I can handle a shot gun at 30 yards as long as it is not 00 buck or a slug btu when it comes to a rifle then things really change.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Mr67Stang

Sorry bout your luck with hunting buddies Rat. I think the choice of weapon (loosly used term) for paintballing planes is a Wal-Mart El Cheepo 100 ft/sec POS paint ball marker that only hits it's targets hard enough to break the paint open 50% of the time. And If you where shot with it you would find it... mildy irritating... unless well you got hit somewere sensitive. I think it would be interesting to see what the age seperation is between the folks that support this idea vs. those that do not. Get some real demographics and find out just who our enemy is... I mean opposition of course. Hey Rat... Do you hunt with that Chenney guy? Keep in mind I am a proud conservative supporter of the Republican party... but that was some funny stuff... By the way I am in the military and Kery's an *****! I would rather go back to Iraq than see him or his likes as my C in C. Any way that was off topic.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:45 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Oh, well. Another topic ruined by those who don't have any self control! Same old same old here on the AMA forum.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:52 AM
brentp76
My Feedback: (14)

I have also had my share of pepper, delivered at range from idiot fellow dove, and duck hunters. It does sting, but it does not break the skin. However, at thirty yards the striking power of a 12GA it greater than a paintball gun. We do use the walmart guns, they do smart like crazy when they hit you. but cannot take a plane out the the air. A long time ago, a gun club in so cal had a event where the shot at an RC plane.. The plane had to land, refuel, and take off before it was taken down... It was swiss cheese after the event, but you would be suprised what a RC plane can fly through.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 AM
KidEpoxy

I seem to put this out a lot

Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Rat1

I am not for shooting planes with paintballs as it can only grow to involve slightly different types of weapons etc because people feel it is just as safe. I mean if there is nothing downrange then who is to say that it is not just as safe to use a shot gun of some type. We shoot clay pigeons all the time at the trap club why not RC aircraft????

I am just saying that anything can and will happen. A single paintball could possibly cause a plane to got out of control and into the crowd just like using a shot gun.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:26 PM
ArCeeFlyer

Here we go again. Btw, I voted for "I support paintballing planes & am an AMA member".

edit for spelling
Old 11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I support paintballing AMA Members who support paintballing models.

I also think that both ducks and model airplanes ought to be equipped with some sort of air-to-ground weaponry with which to return fire to those who are shooting at them!

Otherwise, it's TOTALLY unfair!

"Oh, what did you shoot that duck with? A SHOTGUN? What was the DUCK armed with? NOTHING? Ooooh, you're so TUFF!"

How about you paintball the airplane while I try to hit you with the airplane. That's a helluva lot more SPORTING. Forget those pansy safety cages. Stand out there in the middle of the runway with your paintball gun, oh, scuse me, your MARKER, and you fire away, while I attack YOU with an armored SPAD or something. Or even a nexstar.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
KidEpoxy

ET-
where do you think I got my little Avatar image
Protective Garments for Varmints: Self-Resetting Targets.... put a PDog in kevlar & shoot him over & over
and then What if they shot back?

Rat-
that is an interseting question, maybe if you post it in the Argue/Debating thread you will get an answer from us rather than in this poll. Try the AMA Rule thread if you want to argue it.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:29 AM
ArCeeFlyer

EASYTIGER, it sounds like you should start up a GREENPEACE for helpless airplanes. Hey, planes have feelings too, right? So EASYTIGER is against paintball plane shoots but is all for shooting and maiming people. Now that might be a hard sell to AMA. LOL!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I support paintballing AMA Members who support paintballing models.

I also think that both ducks and model airplanes ought to be equipped with some sort of air-to-ground weaponry with which to return fire to those who are shooting at them!

Otherwise, it's TOTALLY unfair!

"Oh, what did you shoot that duck with? A SHOTGUN? What was the DUCK armed with? NOTHING? Ooooh, you're so TUFF!"

How about you paintball the airplane while I try to hit you with the airplane.
That's a helluva lot more SPORTING. Forget those pansy safety cages. Stand out there in the middle of the runway with your paintball gun, oh, scuse me, your MARKER, and you fire away, while I attack YOU with an armored SPAD or something. Or even a nexstar.
Holy heck! ****This is where I would put some really degrading comments if I could***** How can you posibly compare anyone shooting at a model plane to the plane being aimed at a person? Are you a member of the Timothy Thomson group of planes have feelings too? You make it sound like we want to shoot starving children in India. By the way I don't know what "TUFF" is but if you want to see "TOUGH" shoot at a SPAD with a Wal-Mart El Cheepo Paint Ball MARKER and you will see what a TOUGH plane can go through. Dang and I said this wasn't suposed to be a debate thread.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:09 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

Dang and I said this wasn't suposed to be a debate thread.
It isn't. No debate here...just two sides, two mindsets, two extremes. One side needs some officiate of every aspect of their existence to validate themselves and the other side doesn't. There will never be a meeting of the minds but maybe, just maybe a resolution of sorts will be made to serve the needy ones but the contention will always exist.

For guys like STL and easytiger they have some need to have in print by some authority to assure them it is morally and ethically fine. If the AMA produced a document that outlined paintballing models then their minds could rest.

It is that simple.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 AM
edstrek
My Feedback: (49)

We have tried it and you can break the PVC fuse and the colorplast can be broken by paint balls. They are difficult to hit in the air. We tested it flying by solw abotu 30 feet away out of about 300 paint balls we sustained between 12 - 15 hits.

Hi all Our Freemont County Raido Control aircraft club (Canon City / Florence area Colorado) is planning to do a fundraiser where you can shoot at severial raido control aircraft in flight. It will be held at our flying field behind the Freemont County airport. We are planning for a Sat in June. SO if you are looking for a differnt sorta fun paint ball event email me at [email protected] I will be managing the email list for the club to keep you informed of our progress for this event.

R/C aircraft Paint ball shoot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.