Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Nov. MA mag heli confusion

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Nov. MA mag heli confusion

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Septic_Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nov. MA mag heli confusion

Hey, guys!

(/being sarcastic rant)

I just got back from the mail box and was gleefully toteing the latest issue of MA. As an avid heli pilot, I've been trying to find the articles about some of the cool new heli models out, flight tests, or maybe some setup advice. I seem to be missing all of the MA articles relating to helicopters. Can anybody tell me what page they are on? The only thing I've found coming close is the blurb about the new Blade CP pro that really doesn't add much to what I've already read on Horizon's site.

Did they fall out of my magazine? Did the Post Office steal them?

Come on AMA! For crying out loud, you dedicated 4.5 pages to some cheap blue fan fold POS plane. Yet you couldn't find any room for a good heli article? Heck, I would have even taken a 1/4 page review of a heli engine.

It pains me this month as I renew my membership knowing that a chunk of the money that I am sending to AMA is funding a magazine that I have no use for (please excuse the hanging preposition).

(/end of rant)

Sorry guys, I'm just a little irritated...[:@]
Old 11-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Nov. MA mag heli confusion

ORIGINAL: Septic_Shock

Hey, guys!

(/being sarcastic rant)

I just got back from the mail box and was gleefully toteing the latest issue of MA. As an avid heli pilot, I've been trying to find the articles about some of the cool new heli models out, flight tests, or maybe some setup advice. I seem to be missing all of the MA articles relating to helicopters. Can anybody tell me what page they are on? The only thing I've found coming close is the blurb about the new Blade CP pro that really doesn't add much to what I've already read on Horizon's site.

Did they fall out of my magazine? Did the Post Office steal them?

Come on AMA! For crying out loud, you dedicated 4.5 pages to some cheap blue fan fold POS plane. Yet you couldn't find any room for a good heli article? Heck, I would have even taken a 1/4 page review of a heli engine.

It pains me this month as I renew my membership knowing that a chunk of the money that I am sending to AMA is funding a magazine that I have no use for (please excuse the hanging preposition).

(/end of rant)

Sorry guys, I'm just a little irritated...[:@]
MA can only publish what is submitted. Apparently there are no heli pilots capable of doing this. [>:]
Old 11-02-2006, 08:17 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

MA can only publish what is submitted. Apparently there are no heli pilots capable of doing this. [>:]
I seen that coming a mile away...LOL
Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Silent-AV8R

Hey, I just got back from the mailbox and looked at the latest MA. I was excitedly looking for the latest news on *****. As an avid **** modeler I am always looking for the latest stuff. But I did not se a single article or anything on ****.

Come on MA, you had room to run an article on &&&&& which I could care less about, so why not nothing on ****, which I love!!

Get with it. Stop running articles about &&& or ^^^^ and even @@@@. Run more articles on ****. Jezz, what's MA coming to???

Please cut and paste this rant. Replace the *** with your interests. Replace the @@@, &&& and ^^^^ with the things that don't interest you. Easy as pie, and a real time saver too!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:26 PM
KidEpoxy

Perhaps you should slide over to the Opt Out of MA thread, and post your opinion on the subject there

Seems you are getting $18 taken for something you didnt enjoy.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no interest in helicopters. However, it does seem to me they do not get the coverage in MA that they should. There was a heli-heavy issue several issues back, at least. As said, if MA doesn't cover your stuff to your satisfaction, do something about getting them some material. Like con some flying buddy into writing an article if nothing else.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Septic_Shock

Apparently there are no heli pilots capable of doing this.
If this is refering to me, then there is an inherant problem. I am fairly new to R/C helis. That is why I need information. If I knew enough to write an article, then I wouldn't need to read articles to learn about flying the helis. Plus, I cannot believe that out of all of the AMA's members who enjoy flying helicopters, not one person has submitted an article in the last several months.

And I'm not talking about some small niche in the RC field. They cover planes, control line and gliders. Why not helis?

I know that this issue has been beaten to death. I'm just getting a little cranky. Sorry guys.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:54 AM
carwood444

Hi Red, love your battery column. Am I understanding you correctly. If I write an article and send it in to MA it could get published? This is not a flame. Just an honest question.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Carwood, it depends on your creative writing skills and ability to take good pictures. I didn't realize how much you can forget about writing until I sat down and tried it...
Old 11-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: carwood444

Hi Red, love your battery column. Am I understanding you correctly. If I write an article and send it in to MA it could get published? This is not a flame. Just an honest question.
If they don't publish it directly, send it to one of the Department writers or columnists. We are a lazy bunch and love to have inputs from modelers to fill in our periods of writer's block.

MA had a column periodically for Helicopters, the last one by Ray Stacy appeared in the August 06 issue. Actually this was by guest columnist Gordie Meade. In looking at the 2007 Columnist schedule I don't see either Stacy or Meade listed so maybe they have either dropped the Heli column or just don't have anyone to write it.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

No more of Rays columns? [X(]
Old 11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

The last e-mail address for him that appeared in MA was [email protected] may you can contact him and find out what happened.

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

No more of Rays columns? [X(]