Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA is a real value!!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA is a real value!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:19 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA is a real value!!

clearly the facts lie with the conclusion that there is no ban, at this time, on paintball shooting, which is the fact in spite of your best efforts to reinvent a chubby checkers
A ban? Who said anything about a ban? The AMA does not ban or prohibit anything. What is VERY clear as per Carl Maroney is that the AMA does not condone it. Also he clearly said that it was a dangerous activity and the odds of you getting you insurance claim when you need it sounds like it will be nill to none.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
STLPilot

I ask you one more time and I know you've been dodging the question. If I were to ask Carl Maroney whether or not the AMA would cover damages if someone was flying some nice pattern flights do some touch and goes to a full stop landing and power off and if the AMA would cover damages as long as I was NOT shooting at the airplane with a a paintball gun, do you actually believe his answer would have been the same? Flying a RC airplane can be dangerous, shooting at it with a paintball gun is asking for it to be dangerous, just like he said. Especially without any rules and guidelines or insurance.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:33 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Mode One

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

This thread has gone in exactly the direction Mode One wanted it to.
How do you dare to espouse that you could know EXACTLYanything about what I want or wanted!!!

I was hoping for mature discussions, for the people whom have a problem with the AMA to give form and substance to their objections!

Dude, there's always childish behavior to be dealt with. You had to know what was going to happen before you made a post like that or you've had your head in the sand. If you've read any threads in the AMA forum, you knew exactly what was going to get posted in this thread before it was good and started. While I don't normally get into name calling, this thread had more than it's share of trolling. Gotta call an ace an ace.

Just so you know, I think that statement was so much bull. You wanted people with problems to post in your thread? If so, why did you get angry?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:02 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

If I were to ask Carl Maroney whether or not the AMA would cover damages if someone was flying some nice pattern flights do some touch and goes to a full stop landing and power off and if the AMA would cover damages as long as I was NOT shooting at the airplane with a a paintball gun...
[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Hell, I don't think he would know what to say since he wouldn't be sure what you were asking.

What do you think he would say?

Either way I don’t see your dues going up!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 PM
model.flyer

I ask you one more time and I know you've been dodging the question. If I were to ask Carl Maroney whether or not the AMA would cover damages if someone was flying some nice pattern flights do some touch and goes to a full stop landing and power off and if the AMA would cover damages as long as I was NOT shooting at the airplane with a a paintball gun, do you actually believe his answer would have been the same? Flying a RC airplane can be dangerous, shooting at it with a paintball gun is asking for it to be dangerous, just like he said. Especially without any rules and guidelines or insurance.
if you were a member, which you are not and if you asked him "what if' he would not give you an answer. did you bother to read the doc that Bill posted? does not appear so.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 PM
model.flyer

Just to clear a couple of things up before I leave.

Dave Brown was, very argueably, the finest US aerobatic model pilot of the last centruy. Among the first to be invited to the Tournament of Champions held in Las Vegas in 1974; flew in a total of 10 Tournament of Champions placing in the top three at eight of them. Flew in a total of five World Championships winning many team gold medals, three individual silver medals and an individual bronze medal. Off his competition record he launched Dave Brown Model Products. He played his reputation as a pilot into the political carreer he has had in the AMA.

As to how Westchester was going to determine a claims history, they offered to insure the park flyers for nothing for the balance of the year for no additional charge. Not come convoluted bs scheme STL posted here

many many examples of his techniques exist in this forum.

I encourage the readers of this forum to ask questions, to participate in the process and to be part of the AMA. Only kicker is to find those that actually have a clue, whether they be the Red Scholefields, Bill Malveys or others who can offer actual facts. If you cant figure out who is who, wirte or call those on the EC or in Muncie. If you want a say in how the AMA is run, vote or get involved yourself.

Dont pay attention to the likes of STL and KidEpoxy.

I bid you goodbye for now. I have made my point. Dont let the show here confuse you. garbage is garbage regardless of the source. There are those here that actually know something. seek them out and let the others play their silly games.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:58 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

There are those here that actually know something. seek them out and let the others play their silly games.
Just for the record, I believe Abel Pranger should be at the top of the list of accolades.

All too often there are those here that do know a few things but their abrasive know-it-all demeanors leaves a lot to be desired and with their incessant inference of stupidity to any particular respondent, ultimately epitomizes the reason people dislike the AMAer type.

Yes, you heard it here.

See you in the funnies. Glad you stopped by.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
KidEpoxy

maybe he would have liked me more if I had said
The gray text at the back of MA does NOT say $18,
cause he sure didnt like me when I claimed the gray text did say $18.

Oh well, too late now I guess...

Meanwhile, back at GuyB
Seems nobody wants to play with my double edged sword on Expected injury and Accepting Responsbility, too bad... I could have cracked some more jokes and asked some more pointed questions.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Mode One

[/quote]
Dude, there's always childish behavior to be dealt with. You had to know what was going to happen before you made a post like that or you've had your head in the sand. If you've read any threads in the AMA forum, you knew exactly what was going to get posted in this thread before it was good and started. While I don't normally get into name calling, this thread had more than it's share of trolling. Gotta call an ace an ace.

Just so you know, I think that statement was so much bull. You wanted people with problems to post in your thread? If so, why did you get angry?
[/quote]

I'm not angry! I think your "so much bull" for telling me what I think! I guess anyone whom posts in the AMA topic has simply "Gotta hankerin' for some spankerin'", I guess by your own hands and by your own words!

This thread is so OFF TOPIC!! It has been totally dominated by a few of you whom are constantly bickering and bringing your trash from one thread to the next to continue the fight! I can not remember when I have seen people with larger egos so intent on making sure everyone knows they are the only true expert on whatever the topic. GROW UP!!!

Isn't this only a hobby?!? However, this part of it is certainly lacks fun! Love the AMA, hate the AMA, I could give a RAT'S A__!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 AM
STLPilot

Dave Brown was, very arguably, the finest US aerobatic model pilot of the last century. Among the first to be invited to the Tournament of Champions held in Las Vegas in 1974; flew in a total of 10 Tournament of Champions placing in the top three at eight of them. Flew in a total of five World Championships winning many team gold medals, three individual silver medals and an individual bronze medal. Off his competition record he launched Dave Brown Model Products. He played his reputation as a pilot into the political carreer he has had in the AMA.
Too bad his credentials did not follow with him to the AMA. He arguably the worst AMA president in the last century as well if you want to talk about overall performance based on growth. Great he can fly a plane and sell some RC products from his fame. But can he run the AMA? Never saw once that he takes any kind of responsibility for it's downfall and he's where the buck stops. Just a lot of blaming it on everything else while new RC companies pop up everyday.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:00 AM
KidEpoxy

This thread is so OFF TOPIC!!
boy howdy it is... well, mostly is

Lets recap what the posts were
OP: I like the AMA
#2 Well Said
#3 Great Post
#4 Just Insults of non-likers
(well that didnt take long)
#5 I like it too
#6 I dont like X & Y about it, they should Z
#7 Insurance

#8 and beyond start the death spiral of nit picking, insulting, and semantics/quote war

You wanna get back to page 1?
OP: I Like AMA, $25 ins & $25 MA means they do a lot for $8.

Well, the insurance is IFFY since it is written as simple as an insurance policy- lost of misdirection & exclusions & amendments was what folks fought over for 5 pages. I still cant get a consensus on how much $ GuyB in the parking lot would get. Folks make a declaration one way, then get slammed & a counter declaration the other way. Heck, I cant even point to the GreayText $18 without getting tore apart for what the AMA put in print..... if something that direct is subject to quotewar, of course you wont get folks agreeing on a convoluted insurance policy

So, can we just agree that the insurance is IFFY, and the ballpark number is vaguely $12-15 ?

And the ballpark number for MA is not $25, but .... oh no, not this time... the number can be found at the back of MA in the gray text. (there, that should keep them off my back)

Leaving not $8 as the OP said, but more like $25 to spend on stuff
Old 11-11-2006, 12:10 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave Brown was, very arguably, the finest US aerobatic model pilot of the last century. Among the first to be invited to the Tournament of Champions held in Las Vegas in 1974; flew in a total of 10 Tournament of Champions placing in the top three at eight of them. Flew in a total of five World Championships winning many team gold medals, three individual silver medals and an individual bronze medal. Off his competition record he launched Dave Brown Model Products. He played his reputation as a pilot into the political carreer he has had in the AMA.
Too bad his credentials did not follow with him to the AMA. He arguably the worst AMA president in the last century as well if you want to talk about overall performance based on growth. Great he can fly a plane and sell some RC products from his fame. But can he run the AMA? Never saw once that he takes any kind of responsibility for it's downfall and he's where the buck stops. Just a lot of blaming it on everything else while new RC companies pop up everyday.
I've seen a lot of nonsense here on this forum, but once in a while, someone posts something way over the top.

You know what, STL? Has anybody ever looked you straight in the eye and told you:

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?"

I'm doing that now.

You really don't. You have no clue about AMA, the who, the what, how things work, the history...just no idea of what you are talking about.

You're not even a MEMBER.

I doubt you've even MET Dave Brown.

Do you ever stop? I mean, you keep digging a bigger and bigger hole. You need to get a hobby.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:17 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The AMAs' decline in popularity has less to do with DBs' leadership and more to do with trends in our culture that are out of anyones' control. The AMA is a great value for those who see the need of their services. Some peoples' expectations for what they think the AMAs' role in this hobby is........ is pretty unrealistic.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like a babysitter sometimes. Let's move on.