Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

changes I'd like to see at AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

changes I'd like to see at AMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM
rgiskard75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changes I'd like to see at AMA

Overall, I like the AMA, but there are some changes that I wish they would make.

1) Model Aviation
If the tax rules about nonprofits allow the required newsletter to be sent out by email, take the newsletter out of Model Aviation and email it to the membership and charge the members who still receive it by mail a small postage fee. Make Model Aviation optional when getting a membership. Better yet, expand on the whole webzine concept pioneered by Sport Aviator and create webzines dedicated to different aspects of the hobby.
2) Muncie site
The Muncie site should be made self-sufficient using ad revenues, volunteer labor, and fees for event participation. The largest growth area in the hobby today is in the park flyer area. While the competitive part of the hobby is important a significant number of members, most members will never travel to Muncie and the site does not provide them with any benefits. I am not opposed to a site in Muncie, I just don't feel that I should have to be paying for the support of it.
One idea to possibly grow the hobby would actually be to abandon the site and take the Nats to different sites every year so that more people could be exposed the competitive side of the hobby.
3) AMA website
Keep the AMA website more up to date with the times. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to take plan orders from a website. Better yet would be to allow you to download plans immediately. Also, I can understand that putting back issues of Model Aviation online can take some time, but there is no reason why current issues can't be put online for members to view. I have been looking through their plans to find one I might like to try my hand at building, but other then for the issues I have gotten since rejoining, the most recent issue I can access is Dec 2000. I would like to read some of the construction articles before decided and do not understand why current issues can't be posted immediately for members to access.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:50 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: changes I'd like to see at AMA

I'd like to know why they need so many people to run an organization that doesn't provide any services to the membership. If you look at the services provided by the AMA it's a grocery list of the things that clubs and individual members perform. Like Democrats, they believe that charging more will increase revenue, but they don't understand why membership is falling off.

I take it you're an Asimov fan, huh?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
P-51B

Good ideas, and a good thread to start.

I would like to add to your list, but it may be a disagreement with your list at the same time.

I think the Muncie site is a good thing, perhaps Muncie was not the best choice for the location. But I have always thought they should expand the idea to include regional sites and eventually state sites. An entire network of actual AMA flying sites to promote the hobby. They could rotate the nationals, or parts of the nationals around each of the sites each year. One way to start funding is to allow non-members to pay a "day use fee", that would be proportionally high compared to joining the AMA and being able to use the facility. Yes, there are problems with the idea, such as field maintenance and such, but it seems if you want to promote the hobby, you need to have the place to do so that people want to visit...people that aren't already involved.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 PM
ptulmer

P-51, I'd be willing to pay MORE for that. Imagine the competitive possibilites for youth and education. Most clubs can't do that kind of thing because the kids don't belong to the AMA and land owner requirements to the effect that you must have AMA to fly. Considering the annual gross income from dues, It shouldn't be a terrible step to make.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
KidEpoxy

Well, we all know where I stand on the NATS Roadshow & BBQ [8D]
As well as the sheer genius of putting the outdoor Muncie Field up in the Lands Of Frostbite

rgiskard75-
Welcome to the boards.
You picked one of the most hostile places to post first, very intrepid... bravo.
Dont get hurt if folks start slamming you & your ideas out the gate, it's just our way to... uh... bully people

Look around the other forums here too. Pretty much whatever intersest you have, they have a forum just for that with lots of nicer guys (and some of the same guys with NiceMode switched on) that like to help and answer questions.

Have fun
KE
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
model.flyer

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

P-51, I'd be willing to pay MORE for that. Imagine the competitive possibilites for youth and education. Most clubs can't do that kind of thing because the kids don't belong to the AMA and land owner requirements to the effect that you must have AMA to fly. Considering the annual gross income from dues, It shouldn't be a terrible step to make.
Kids membership costs a buck. one.

I have given several unrelated kids a buck to sign them up for the AMA. Does require parents sig tho

How much lower did you want kids dues?

Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: rgiskard75

Overall, I like the AMA, but there are some changes that I wish they would make.

1) Model Aviation
If the tax rules about nonprofits allow the required newsletter to be sent out by email, take the newsletter out of Model Aviation and email it to the membership and charge the members who still receive it by mail a small postage fee. Make Model Aviation optional when getting a membership. Better yet, expand on the whole webzine concept pioneered by Sport Aviator and create webzines dedicated to different aspects of the hobby.
I like the idea of the web based newsletter, etc. The reality then becomes doing it. Not sure how staffing levels would work, but they should perhaps take a look at it.

2) Muncie site
The Muncie site should be made self-sufficient using ad revenues, volunteer labor, and fees for event participation. The largest growth area in the hobby today is in the park flyer area. While the competitive part of the hobby is important a significant number of members, most members will never travel to Muncie and the site does not provide them with any benefits. I am not opposed to a site in Muncie, I just don't feel that I should have to be paying for the support of it.
I am actually surprised how much the Muncie does get used. People are there almost every day and there are a large number of events beyond just the NATS and dedicated competition events. I have only been twice, but I have to say I am impressed with it.

The idea about volunteer labor, etc. is nice, but just not feasible. It is a 1,000 acre site of mostly grass. It takes a full time staff to keep it in shape. Not to mention the utilities, water, power, etc.

One idea to possibly grow the hobby would actually be to abandon the site and take the Nats to different sites every year so that more people could be exposed the competitive side of the hobby.
This pops up all the time. I loved the traveling road show NATS. However, having been to a few now I know just how much work it takes to do them. The bottom line is that the Muncie solution is the only cost effective one there is. The logistical nightmare alone of doing it in different locations is a killer all by itself!! In a perfect world the NATS would move around, but we don't live in that world.

3) AMA website
Keep the AMA website more up to date with the times.
Good ideas here.

One thing I would suggest is to communicate these ideas to your AMA District Vice President. Please don't rely on RCU to be the means of communication. Go directly to the source. Your VP is supposed to be your voice on the EC. Use it.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
model.flyer

ORIGINAL: rgiskard75

1) Model Aviation
2) Muncie site
3) AMA website
Keep the AMA website more up to date with the times. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to take plan orders from a website. Better yet would be to allow you to download plans immediately. Also, I can understand that putting back issues of Model Aviation online can take some time, but there is no reason why current issues can't be put online for members to view. I have been looking through their plans to find one I might like to try my hand at building, but other then for the issues I have gotten since rejoining, the most recent issue I can access is Dec 2000. I would like to read some of the construction articles before decided and do not understand why current issues can't be posted immediately for members to access.
1)The IRS has not required a published newletter for several years. The mag is published as an educational and scientific journal to comply with other IRS requirements. Talk to EVP for details.
2)The muncie location is really three locations. The flying site was paid for cash from the reserves built up years ago. the HQ buidling and museum are the other areas in muncie. The costs connected with them were rolled into one lonn financed by Indiana educatinal bonds. That is the $200,000 a year in the statements. about 3 o 4 bucks of dues goes toward improvements to the flying site. The other costs are HQ and the museum which are going to be made somewhere, whether muncie or not, and will be paid out of dues. The labor costs in muncie are way less than those that were in DC before the move.
3) website sucks, but a lot of attention is now being directed toward it and the changes should be obvious in a couple of months
Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with taking competitions and events around the country to different large established clubs (which would knock down some of the expense). It would also provide and promote the hobby as a whole.

I like what Tony Stillman and others are trying (our club is one of them) with holding ama district flyins. It helps the club, promotes model aviation and gives a little bit of an impression that the ama appreciates its members.

I haven't been and probably never will go to muncie. It's just to far and has many drawbacks, ie no other benefits to visiting the area to justify the time that it would require, ie relation etc. I've never thought that muncie was a good investment... It's like starting a snow mobile business in florida.... [:@]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
KidEpoxy

from Phaedrus-MMVI :
The bottom line is that the Muncie solution is the only cost effective one there is.
may suggest to consider making that
....the SingleVenue solution .... rather then the Muncie solution : A warmer clime of cheap central land would be better and as viable as Muncie Field (yes, I know it has a name, I show my detest by not bothering to call it by its name, much like the Muncie MoneyPit has a less derogative name, but I choose to chide)
Old 11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Jim Thomerson

I would like to see the AMA publicize model aviation, and, of course, its own existence, to the general public.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
model.flyer

ORIGINAL: Jim Thomerson

I would like to see the AMA publicize model aviation, and, of course, its own existence, to the general public.
Some neat things are happening.

Mark Smith, D9 VP, who came from marketing at Sprint has come up with some neat ideas, including the buddy box program recently implemented. He has presented several ideas to the EC.

Bob Brown D3 and Dave Mathewson D2 have been working on a number of projects with the support of most others on the EC.

After his tragic loss, Tony Stillman is getting involved as well.

If you want the details contact the above, or Sandy might be persuaded to give a preview of things to come.

Things are changing.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
model.flyer

Marketing/New Member Committee
At the last meeting Council was given a bullet list of ideas; a committee was created to address those issues. The objective of the committee is to promote model aviation as a worthwhile recreational activity; grow the AMA membership and improve our current members’ perception of the organization.

As identified by Council at the July meeting, the item they would like addressed first is a total and complete revision of the AMA web site; this process has begun. Council was sent a list of features to be included on the site, incorporated in this list were ideas that Council members offered. Results of the push E-mail are being reviewed; to date, there are 10,400 responses and many good suggestions. Headquarters is set with the hardware requirements and has implemented new software. So far, the expense for everything done (hardware and software) is around $200. At this point are moving ahead with the Web redesign, starting the creative work (that will be done in-house) and the goal is to have a draft format on what the site will look like and the type of features it will include by the next meeting.

Council also wanted to create a true marketing program. We are moving ahead with many of the programs launched a year ago by the Marketing Committee as well as working on new programs. A status report on the current programs was given. This included the distribution of the Introduction to Aeromodeling DVD, development of the guidebook to acquiring E-Sites; Buddy Box program, a new hobby shop initiative and a marketing advertising program.

The DVD will be in a 5-10 minute format; hope to have a draft before the end of this year and to have the piece done early in the first quarter of 2007. Schwyn is working with W. Byers on the guidebook to establishing E-sites; looking at having a draft done by the end of this year. Schwyn will be meeting with him during the JR event in Columbus in November. The first promotional piece to the buddy box program was launched; partners in this include JR and Airtronics at the present time. Additional partners are being solicited. This program is aimed toward new adult members (paying $58 or $48). For the hobby shop initiative, will stay with the theme of ‘Bringing Modelers Together’. Will be redoing the point of purchase display that hobby shops use to hold membership forms and getting decals for the shops front door showing they are a supporting facility of the AMA. Schwyn notes that as far as the marketing advertising campaign, they are working to get a consistent look and focus on all promotional pieces.

The Scouting program on site this weekend went very well. There were between 2,200-2,500 scouts involved; Schwyn will report on this later.

A team was created to look into different programs to introduce model aviation to the general public. Current programs being worked on include the Intro Pilot program, Take Off and Grow, hobby shop initiative, the Ambassador program, and the PR incentive program for clubs. Maroney reported on the Take Off and Grow program. A recommended flight training syllabus will be included in the package. Maroney insured Hanson that the club in CA (that was interested in running the Grand Event) and a club in Albuquerque will have first preferential treatment in running one of the first schools in 2007. There will be no HQ personnel attending these flight school operations but it is recommended that district representatives attend. It is expected to have a completed application for Council review in around 2-3 weeks.

Mealy noted that programs were scrutinized and programs that did not produce results were sunset. He reported that as a result of this effort, the new programs presented and a more forward looking AMA, support from major manufacturers and distributors is being realized. The combination of recognition and reward has provided the most success for AMA programs; the NRHSA program is a prime example of this. Mealy will attend a meeting on October 30 with the NRHSA principles to expand the partnership and hopefully penetrate the market to a more meaningful level. Announcement of this program will most likely be made around the first of the year.

The program that will be supported with the modification of the Air Show Team funding is the old RCHTA program. Modifications are still being made to the program and announcement of this program will be made following the IHobby Expo.

Mathewson reported another project being worked on is partnerships; this involves relationships with NRHSA, and HMA (Hobby Manufacturers Assoc.).

Additional projects include the creation of an AMA guide to member services (first draft date of March 2007, expect to have ready for 2008 renewal); an introductory guide to aeromodeling; and a more in depth publication, an introduction to aeromodeling and your organization.

The committee is also working on improving AMA’s visibility at various modeling venues. An AMA banner was displayed at the Neat Fair, and there will be one at the JR Indoor event. New Model Aviation and Sport Aviator banners have also been made.

In a brief discussion on partnering with community organizations, D. Holland was asked to follow up with AARP, and make contact with the National Exchange Club and the group Parents without Partners.

Mathewson noted that everything being done is a task of some member of the staff; they have shown enthusiasm about the projects, have the desire to see AMA succeed and are anxious to move forward. Their effort is truly appreciated.

S. Frank is working on hosting an electric event in Muncie; this includes all disciplines of electric.

Another item on the list from July was to bring a major modeling event to Muncie. There has been some preliminary discussion on holding the XFC event at Muncie. This is a major high profile, invitational aerobatic modeling event involving several of the top fliers in the country; and it lends itself to spectator viewing. Discussion included: there was concern with the concept of ‘paying’ someone to host an event here; the financial obligation on AMA’s part is an investment in AMA’s future; work is being done to offset the cost; there is the possibility of corporate sponsorship and television exposure; a spectator fee will be charged; the investment by AMA will be used for bringing in key personnel, judges and operational costs; there is concern that AMA’s sponsorship will not be showcased well enough; and there was much debate over the possibility of sponsorship by an alcohol-associated corporation. It was argued that allowing this type of sponsorship takes away from AMA being a family oriented organization.

ADCOM Committee

Harrington reported that in October 2005 the Executive Council approved the revised guidelines; those guidelines were implemented in April 2006.

An important part of the planning outcome was to develop a Program Identity; included in this was the development of a web site; creating a promotional DVD (Council will receive a copy), implement FAST-TRAC pilot certification and increase professionalism. In a review of some of the program outputs he explained the show teams’ involvement with ICAS. They have been informing ICAS about the use of model aviation in full-scale air shows. There has been some discussion about the ADCOM possibly putting on a special seminar as part of the ICAS training for show organizers; this may develop for next year if able to attend. Program impacts include new clubs being formed; club contacts; interest leads/new members and new people in the hobby. In communication Harrington had with the teams last night, it was realized that their biggest breakdown was failure of the teams to have connection with the District Vice Presidents.

Questions Harrington asked of Council included is the program an official AMA program and does it still exist in light of yesterday's action; and if it does exists, in what context. The program needs AMA endorsement/approval to be credible and successful with what they are trying to do on behalf of the Academy. Harrington is committed to refining the air show team model. He believes ADCOM should refine the model, decide what that model is and determine which teams will continue in that new model. They will also actively seek national sponsorship. Having the AMA recognition, the charter and being part of a sanctioned program is an important benefit for the teams.

Comments included: the AST program is considered an official AMA program; even though funding was removed the program still exists; they may want to consider having fewer teams that travel longer distances; ADCOM cannot have continuity without some type of funding; and natural evolution will eliminate the less productive teams. It is suggested that some support from AMA be given to the show teams that will allow them the opportunity to resuscitate themselves, however they must work at becoming self-sufficient.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
rgiskard75

From what model.flyer posted, it does sound like AMA is trying to make some changes. That is encouraging. I'll have to follow Phaedrus-MMVI's advice and compose either a letter or an email to my regional VP with my thoughts on how AMA could better suit my needs as a modeler.

And yes, I'm an Asimov fan and am glad you caught the reference
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Classic JR style...I think he is back or is here in spirit
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: model.flyer

Marketing/New Member Committee....

//SNIP//

At the last meeting Council Comments included: the AST program is considered an official AMA program; even though funding was removed the program still exists; they may want to consider having fewer teams that travel longer distances; ADCOM cannot have continuity without some type of funding; and natural evolution will eliminate the less productive teams. It is suggested that some support from AMA be given to the show teams that will allow them the opportunity to resuscitate themselves, however they must work at becoming self-sufficient.
Hey, there isn't any Rural listed in AR. So is it Maumelle or Sheridan where you hail from?

Didn't Sandy tell you that the AMA Web site is a copyrighted item? If you copy and paste EC Minutes here, would you NOT BE more in line with RCU rules if you at least specified where you obtained the information?
I believe it's called "plagiarism" when one fails to do so. [>:]

Via the Merriam Webster Dictionary:

>>>pla·gia·rize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source <<<

Naughty Naughty, model flyer. Your style gives no credit to the good name of model FLIER either.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You asked in another thread (now locked) if I, Horrace or Red were AMA members. Sorry that I had not entered that thread until it had been locked. To remove all doubt, YEAH I'm a member. Have been for years. My AMA Number is 4720. If you want, I can scan my card and post that for everyone to read.

I wish that my DVP would at least acknowledge e-mails and other messages that are sent to him. I thought that Tony would be better than Jim, but I suppose District 5 will always be a little behind the curve. Look at the Dist. V report in each months MA. I suppose that filler and fluff are what we have come to expect from this district. Personally, I don't want or need the warm/fuzzy reports on what one club did at the fly-in. I'd really like to hear about what's actually going on with regard to what really happened at the last EC meeting, and not how my DVP voted on each agenda issue (as Jim used to do).

Lack of communication and understanding is how we wound up with the Muncie White Elephant hung around our necks. It's also how we wind up with most of the rules and regulations that we are to abide by. The EC passes the reg, and then informs us. I would like to see a rule that would require a simple majority vote (e-mail would be fine) prior to making any changes to the way we do things. I would like to see the Employees of the AMA become accountable to the membership, and not act as if we are an inconvienence to them when we call to inquire.

I would like to see the DVP attend the major flying events in his district. I would like to see the Executive Director attend at least one flying event in each district within each year. Ditto for the President, and EVP as well.

I would like for the AMA to become an orginization that we believe in.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
model.flyer

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: model.flyer

Marketing/New Member Committee....

//SNIP//

At the last meeting Council Comments included: the AST program is considered an official AMA program; even though funding was removed the program still exists; they may want to consider having fewer teams that travel longer distances; ADCOM cannot have continuity without some type of funding; and natural evolution will eliminate the less productive teams. It is suggested that some support from AMA be given to the show teams that will allow them the opportunity to resuscitate themselves, however they must work at becoming self-sufficient.
Hey, there isn't any Rural listed in AR. So is it Maumelle or Sheridan where you hail from?

Didn't Sandy tell you that the AMA Web site is a copyrighted item? If you copy and paste EC Minutes here, would you NOT BE more in line with RCU rules if you at least specified where you obtained the information?
I believe it's called "plagiarism" when one fails to do so. [>:]

Via the Merriam Webster Dictionary:

>>>pla·gia·rize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source <<<

Naughty Naughty, model flyer. Your style gives no credit to the good name of model FLIER either.
actually, no, I have never had any contact with Sandy regarding a copyright issue. I have talked to the ama about use of the copyrighted ama information, including the logo and was told as long as I am a member and a member of a club that has signed the copyright agreement included in the charter package that there is no problem using them.

ps i know this person did NOT talk to Felix so it is possible it is open to other views. I am comfortable with what i was told. the discussion was specific to the web site and logo.not other areas of copyright. have no idea about other areas
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Jim Thomerson

Question for you. How do other sports: tennis, golf, bowling, poker, cowchip tossing, jumprope, tumbler stacking, etc., make themselves known to the general public? Is there a message here for the AMA?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:14 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Question for you. How do other sports: tennis, golf, bowling, poker, cowchip tossing, jumprope, tumbler stacking, etc., make themselves known to the general public? Is there a message here for the AMA?
I know another org much like the AMA only much larger which is based on scratch building and flying, the EAA which has it's own flying site and hosts a national event at their site, Oshkosh. They have magazines and so forth, actually several to choose from. And like the AMA they utilize their MEMBERS EAA chartered flying sites to host regional and local events. Their cost is $40 and does not include flying insurance and more then 33% of their members do not even own airplanes.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Hossfly

model.flyer: actually, no, I have never had any contact with Sandy regarding a copyright issue. I have talked to the ama about use of the copyrighted ama information, including the logo and was told as long as I am a member and a member of a club that has signed the copyright agreement included in the charter package that there is no problem using them.
We all stray well out of RCU's Forum Rules from time to time, however, IMO, when one simply cuts & pastes recorded information from another source, then one of decent character will acknowledge the point of origin for his copied/quoted text.
You have failed to specify your point of origin for something which I seriously doubt that you were the original recorder.

If you edit your post, then I will edit mine to remove these points. Ball is in your court. [>:]

My desired changes for AMA have been preached for the at least the past 8 years.

1. Model Aviation must become a profitable or at least a break-even Non-Related Business (NRB) rather than a severe loss NRB.
(Very easy to accomplish unless certain fingers in the plums love the sweets more that the AMA !! [>:] )

2. AMA nationally elected officers dedicate themselves to assuring that model aviation is recognized as a recreational sport and educational hobby, from the White House down to the local city/village council, along with the national media recognition of same.
Another very easy item requiring much less labor than current incumbents will admit to.

3. (A somewhat recent change of mind) AMA should be structured to provide a supporting ledge for each and every discipline within the realm of model aviation. Requires an up-dated vision to get slightly ahead of the current technological expanse.
Not so easy, but attainable.

4. Use available resources and sources to accomplish the above without great expensive reforms such as increased officer travel, round-the-country NATs, and increased funding for items that local clubs should do for themselves.

5. Clean house of B-S marketing make-work projects, and especially non-productive committee functions. Keep employees focused on doing their jobs, and accomplishing productive work rather than loading EC, good-ol'-boys, and employees with fancy committee titles and screwing the pooch (we're the pooches) while NOTHING PRODUCTIVE is ever really accomplished.

6. Revamp the National Model Airplane Championships to a true Championships with proper recognition. At the same time move toward a national Fly-In along with NATs events.

BTW, starting a term in 2008, a new-thinking President could get these changes well established in one 3-year term. ANY IDEAS? [>:]

edit: remove an a. add an AMA.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 PM
model.flyer

seems you got two different sets of organizations. one (tennis, golf, bowling, poker) with business with substantial investments in land and so forth to participate in the activity. the other )cowchip tossing, jumprope, tumbler stacking) without much investment relative to the former. i think it is safe to say the former group has an easier time raising funds to promote there activity than the second group. unfortunately, modeling seems to fall more into the second class. not many businesses (maybe a few) charging pay as you play (bowling alley for instance). seems to me the closest thing we have to the investment group os the hobby shops and we seem bent on putting them out of business with our aversion to their trying to make a profit. not much hope of any serious advertising without serious income stream changes. guess we can send media notices, but that has quit working as well as it once did and print media seems to be dead or dying.

not a pretty picture if our future is dependent on media exposure.

word of mouth is still our biggest exposure to general public. how you make that snowball is beyond me. anyone for cowchip tossing
Old 11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
model.flyer

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

model.flyer: actually, no, I have never had any contact with Sandy regarding a copyright issue. I have talked to the ama about use of the copyrighted ama information, including the logo and was told as long as I am a member and a member of a club that has signed the copyright agreement included in the charter package that there is no problem using them.
We all stray well out of RCU's Forum Rules from time to time, however, IMO, when one simply cuts & pastes recorded information from another source, then one of decent character will acknowledge the point of origin for his copied/quoted text.
You have failed to specify your point of origin for something which I seriously doubt that you were the original recorder.

If you edit your post, then I will edit mine to remove these points. Ball is in your court. [>:]
no difference than using the ama logo on a shirt without some disclaimer, as far as i am concerned, so no, i an not interested in changing my post.

*snip*

BTW, starting a term in 2008, a new-thinking President could get these changes well established in one 3-year term. ANY IDEAS? [>:]
Dave Mathewson

btw, u needent be so aggressive.

ps might interest you to know it had not been posted on the website when i posted
Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
model.flyer

to be clear. i will support Mathewson. he may or may not agree with your list. I dont much care about your list
Old 11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can get tumbler stacking on tv, but AMA can't find a way to do the same with aeromodeling. http://www.speedstacks.com/videos.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.