Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Proposed changes to the IMAA Constitution

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Proposed changes to the IMAA Constitution

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proposed changes to the IMAA Constitution

IMAA Members,

The agenda for the January 12, 2007 IMAA Board Meeting has been posted on the IMAA web site. I would suggest that all interested IMAA members read this agenda since it contains many changes to the IMAA constitution and by-laws. One of the most important changes would allow the board to remove a director WIHOUT CAUSE!

It is important that you read the proposed motions and express your opinion of them to your District Director. Remember at the last meeting, the dues were raised without any notification given to the members.

Frank V. Ponteri
Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Proposed changes to the IMAA Constitution

Thanks Frank. I sent mine:

Mr: Stephens, et. al. (Copied to several others)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
MOTION: This motion is to amend the Constitution to provide the Board of Directors to remove a director.

B. Removal of Directors. A current board member can be removed from the Board of Directors, without cause, by a three-quarters vote of the entire Board of Directors. If the board is of the opinion that a director should be removed then the President will advise that director of the board's intent. That director will then have thirty days to respond to the board. At the end of that period the board shall vote for his removal.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As a long time IMAA member, I greatly resent such a motion. This is the worst kind of Board situation. If someone has the courage to go against the Board, then the Board simply throws him off and continues to sit on their fat behinds. That is one reason that both IMAA and AMA are now mired in quicksand, and it is happening even without such a rule.
If the do-nothings can have such a rule to tie the doers down, then there will be even less accomplished. If the AMA EC had had such a rule when I was a Dist. VP (VI, 79-82) I would have been kicked off, along with Pres. Earl Witt (79-80) and RC may have died. You see, it was I that figured the method and raised the capital to "PERSUADE" a/some low level FCC bureaucrat/s to finally release the current frequency channels in late '81. In other words, been there, done that and such a rule in a lazy Board's hand will be the death of those that just may get something accomplished.

NO WAY!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
MOTION: To allow non-IMAA members to participate at an IMAA Sanctioned event. I.e. Remove the last sentence of the By Law Article V Section 2:
To fly at an IMAA sanctioned event; the participant must be a current member of the IMAA and meet all of the criteria contained in this section.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's about time that is done. I wish it did not have to be, but it does. There are a number of Big Bird events around this Houston area, but hardly any are IMAA. I would not even CD one for Jetero (Chapter 148) this year (06) because only 9 turned up in '05.
Combine the few IMAA members with AMA's complete lack of protection for an IMAA Sanction and it's just a total loss of funds and effort for a club and its workers. If I were the main man of IMAA, you can bet your butt, there would be some vast changes in AMA's (DB's) attitude towards Cr events. If I were the main man in AMA, IMAA would be offered a good ladder to become much more of a beacon to be seen, like some years ago.

YES, by all means.

Now if you people would allow some more awards at an IMAA event, then maybe CDs could have a better chance when AMA OKs Club XXX to host a "C" Big Bird across town (like 30 miles) from an IMAA sanctioned Cr event.

You guys really have some work to do if you wish to keep IMAA alive much longer.
edited to close the quote