Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

New ED has 1/2a roots!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

New ED has 1/2a roots!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ED has 1/2a roots!

Ok, he had me at Cox .049. I gotta admit that either my attitude is changing or things look better at AMA. I read his column and immediately had a good feeling about him. Seems like there's been a lot of good things about MA lately. You gotta love the plan that's spotlighted this time. (actually, I've liked most all of them) The 4-60 is a classic. There's piles of event coverage. Although I don't do giant scale aerobatics, free flight or electrics, the articles were all good quality and entertaining.
It seems to me that as things appear to be slowly improving at the AMA, most threads in this forum are sinking to a new low. Is it me or are there others that feel like that?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:19 PM
abel_pranger

Default RE: New ED has 1/2a roots!

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

Ok, he had me at Cox .049. I gotta admit that either my attitude is changing or things look better at AMA. I read his column and immediately had a good feeling about him. Seems like there's been a lot of good things about MA lately. You gotta love the plan that's spotlighted this time. (actually, I've liked most all of them) The 4-60 is a classic. There's piles of event coverage. Although I don't do giant scale aerobatics, free flight or electrics, the articles were all good quality and entertaining.
Sounds good, Patrick. Haven't got the mag yet, but look forward to it now.

BTW, you did know that Cox/Estes is getting out of the 1/2A engine business, didn't you? Stuff is going for cheap, but when its gone, its gone for good.

Abel
Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Let me put it this way, I can put this issue in the bathroom and the pages won't go missing... It kind of reminds me of the American Rifleman. For many years it was terrible and nobody thought twice about it. When they finally decided to do something with it, their membership skyrocketed.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:27 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do my best reading in the same local. IMO it's all good.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me that as things appear to be slowly improving at the AMA, most threads in this forum are sinking to a new low. Is it me or are there others that feel like that?

There's more bitc*ing going on in this forum than anything. I usually check it out just for a chuckle at the expense of the knuckleheads posting.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If half the energy that gets spent here griping about the AMA was to be redirected towards protesting about the wasteful spending of our government, some good might come out of it. Read the story about the lavish upgrades that the director of the bureau of alcohol, tobacco and firearms granted himself. Just the tip of the iceberg. The Chancellor at a California university was caught doing the same thing and eventually commited suicide [hopefully out of shame]. I think the most positive thing to come out of the time and energy spent here was the revision of rule 9.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Live Wire

If threads were kept AMA instead of getting personnel it could be a smooth running thread.
taking a bite at some one you know or just looking for a good fight with some one you have never met gets out of line