Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA District VIII Members- Check it out.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA District VIII Members- Check it out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA District VIII Members- Check it out.

If you're an AMA Member, especially those residing in District VIII, (AR, LA, NM, and TX) I suggest you check out the D-VIII web site: http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Forums

Changes have been made there. There are some strong underlying currents such as making the AVPs more recognizable to the membership and more responsive to their duties. In my scanning, that is my perception.

Looking good right now.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:40 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: AMA District VIII Members- Check it out.

did you see/find any kind of a registration link there?

ahhh, now i see, it is only one way comms.

not worth the effort to bookmark
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
YNOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I can't join.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Jim Thomerson

It looks to me like a usual forum that one can post on. New topic and reply buttons, anyway. Haven't tried to post there however.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this going to be a forum? Or just a bullentin board? does anyone know-thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

from the tenor of the 'read here first post" it appears to be more of an announcement board.

no provisions for registration or member reply.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
YNOT

The Kings talk and the people listen?

Objection!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: YNOT

The Kings talk and the people listen?

Objection!
Overruled [sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Is this going to be a forum? Or just a bullentin board? does anyone know-thanks
As I read the instructions and Rice's first post, It is strictly a place where District AMA elected and appointed officers can pass information to YOU the member, yet if you have a lot to raise heck about, then it will be up to them to decide what you should be allowed to pass on, and if an AVP has the courage to occasionally row against the wind. Then I suppose it's right back to good ol' RCU.

Hey it's good for me because I get to read what is posted. Bill Lee kicked me off his Papa Doc's words of wisdom D-8 newsline some years ago. I wasn't properly trained to be thankful for that stuff besides water that flows downhill.

OTOH troops, this is the first time in 9 years that D-8 has had a DVP willing to try to get some AMA stuff passed on to us. He told us that Sandy was awarded the AMA Fellowship award, AMA's highest gift. I must have missed that in the magazine. [:-]
In addition he is putting the ADVPs to a task that is going to allow each to see what his area man does. They seem to be sandy's left-overs and there they only had to say "Yes SIR" and their title was secure. Just maybe Rice is offering the opportunity for some to show what they can do, plus allowing some to evidence what they will not do.

As for me, I am seeing this as a positive thing.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:45 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

aka a Blog. These are popular everwhere nowadays aren't they? Don't think the AMA is ready for their own forums anywhere, not until they take that ingredient out of glow fuel that drives people mad.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

aka a Blog. These are popular everwhere nowadays aren't they? Don't think the AMA is ready for their own forums anywhere, not until they take that ingredient out of glow fuel that drives people mad.
Man, STL! What happened? You being pretty tuff on them guys...rendering their forum to a mere blog while lambasting them about not being forum capable and then inferring it is the glow fuel that drives them crazy.

I'm glad I just do gas and electric now.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
PLANE JIM

I would too welcome more information from Sir Charles-but his only post was before Christmas-maybe this was the annual report from DVIII.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
littlecrankshaf

Guys

IMO Jim Rice gave a very insightful and concise summary of his perceptions about taking his office position. It is quite refreshing to read something that seems to pull no punches...fair…balanced…just the way it is…no spin...I for one really appreciate that very much!!!

It is (actually, extremely!) apparent that he has been very busy and I think we are lucky to have Jim as our new VP. Much too often we do not fully consider the sacrifices people like Jim make for us. I have never read a word from Jim that indicates anything other than a desire to fulfill the position he was called into do. I just hope he can maintain his sanity during his tenure as VP…I am sure he is being pulled in just about every direction but for once, I feel we have someone up to the task and can remain a real advocate of our hobby first and foremost while maintaining the AMA as an organization we can truly be proud of.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
PLANE JIM

I was referring to Charles Stevens (Sir Charles) as my AVP for my area. Not Jim Rice-thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 06:27 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Man, STL! What happened? You being pretty tuff on them guys...rendering their forum to a mere blog while lambasting them about not being forum capable and then inferring it is the glow fuel that drives them crazy.

Whose talking about "them guys", I'm talking about you guys. I told you many times that that problem with the AMA is not the AMA, it's the membership. The AMA does their job to the best of their ability, while being let down by their own members. Never understood it, don't see it in other orgs. Like I said, I feel it's something in glow fuel.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:08 AM
littlecrankshaf

Whose talking about "them guys", I'm talking about you guys.
Opps... I forgot...you are one of them guys now...err...us guys now..err we are them or are they are us???? hmmm... something like that... oh well, whatever...dagnabit...see what you done...
Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
JUGFLIER

Whose talking about "them guys", I'm talking about you guys.
Opps... I forgot...you are one of them guys now...err...us guys now..err we are them or are they are us???? hmmm... something like that... oh well, whatever...dagnabit...see what you done...

Maybe they put the same ingredient in GAS? Or maybe some one's been sniffing lithiumpolymer?