Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Civil Discourse

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Civil Discourse

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Civil Discourse

Jugflier,

If you were more in touch with what actually happened and possibly closer to the geographic area where it actually took place.

You would know that the attempted hijacking of a club is what was prevented!

But no, you and a few select others continue to elect to believe the constant drone of one person.

You folks are choosing to ignore the clear explanations that have been given in this and other threads.

Now then lets look at something. How many members have been ejected from that club since the drama of Mr.Casey?

When it gets right down to it I am of the thinking that Mr. Casey has a bug up his butt because he now has to drive approximately 35 minutes to get to his "better" field, where he is safety officer instead of the 15 minutes it took, possibly less (just an outside guess)to get to the SAMs field, which by the way is VERY nice.

Mr.Casey made himself the "enemy" as you so state with his behavior which has cost the SAMs a bundle of money and heartache.

What is pathetic is folks who will pass judgment long distance over the all factual internet.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
BUTCHIEBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course he is pathetic Tommy Gun, Jughead is one of the two members in the John C. Jug
Aeromodelers!
I agree with most of the posters, if the members of SAM stood with John in spirit and vote,
THEN WHY ARE THEY NOT POSTING IN SUPPORT OF HIM?
Jug, tie your cart to a dead horse and you go nowhere![>:][>:]
How many of you SAM members out there see John Casey at your field???
How many of you SAM members out there adore John Casey's incredible flying and building?
If I remember correctly, his fabulous flying in their races was in the lowest level beginners class. I would definitely crow about kicking the butt of beginners, children and women. What a ridiculous statement to hang your hat on.
JOHN CASEY IS TRULY A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND!
Oh and I forgot, he is a legend in the mind of Jug. LOL!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
JUGFLIER

Our club is a group of men(not whinners) that enjoy each other and a mutual hobby. We all participate in a democratic form of club by-laws, and frankly as a board member I find myself impotent because everything we do or want to do is subject to the membership vote. I cannot even call a special meeting without proof of notification by all means available to the membership. If this is not able to be proven anything done in a special meeting becomes null and void. Quote SSECPREZ.

SSECPREZ, this is not the case in SAMs club as admitted by Jimmy Skids. This board does whatever the $%^ it wants and you must wait two years to vote them out. None of these guys according to John C. has been able to fullfill their terms as they are resigning under cloudy circumstances.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: BUTCHIEBOY

Of course he is pathetic Tommy Gun, Jughead is one of the two members in the John C. Jug
Aeromodelers!
I agree with most of the posters, if the members of SAM stood with John in spirit and vote,
Jug, tie your cart to a dead horse and you go nowhere![>:][>:]
How many of you SAM members out there see John Casey at your field???
How many of you SAM members out there adore John Casey's incredible flying and building?
If I remember correctly, his fabulous flying in their races was in the lowest level beginners class. I would definitely crow about kicking the butt of beginners, children and women. What a ridiculous statement to hang your hat on.
JOHN CASEY IS TRULY A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND!
Oh and I forgot, he is a legend in the mind of Jug. LOL!

Butchieboy, you are just like the horses ***** John's Crazy. You cannot deal with fact so you launch into diatribes. There is not one redeeming word in your post.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: Tommy_Gun

Jugflier,

If you were more in touch with what actually happened and possibly closer to the geographic area where it actually took place.

You would know that the attempted hijacking of a club is what was prevented!

But no, you and a few select others continue to elect to believe the constant drone of one person.

You folks are choosing to ignore the clear explanations that have been given in this and other threads.

Now then lets look at something. How many members have been ejected from that club since the drama of Mr.Casey?

When it gets right down to it I am of the thinking that Mr. Casey has a bug up his butt because he now has to drive approximately 35 minutes to get to his "better" field, where he is safety officer instead of the 15 minutes it took, possibly less (just an outside guess)to get to the SAMs field, which by the way is VERY nice.

Mr.Casey made himself the "enemy" as you so state with his behavior which has cost the SAMs a bundle of money and heartache.

What is pathetic is folks who will pass judgment long distance over the all factual internet.

Lets see what your buddy john's crazy has admitted to.
1. John Casey was expelled by a vote of the board without membership notification or approval.
2. Two other members, one a founding member were also expelled in same fashion.
3. Prior to this, SAMs has never expelled members.
4. These expulsions were not taken by vote or notice of the club prior.
5.He admitted to the vote by the club membership to extend the runway.
6. He stated the board decided it wasn't worth persuing.
7. He stated that the obstacle to the extension was an environmental study that the board decided it didnt want to spend the money on.
8.He affirmed that the application was never forwarded to the government entity for approval.

Other points made by John Casey not refuted.
1. The board purchased insurance for themselves, against a vote of the club.
2. A member of the board resigned after being caught having shot down another persons aircraft intentionally.
3. SAMs field was shut down by AMA on account of this act.
4. That member was not expelled by the board.
5. Three times the board tried to raise dues, three times defeated by the membership.
6. His car was keyed at the field.
7. He was threatened by club members.
8. The club newsletter was pulled from the website after it was brought to our attention by John C.
9. ect.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
SSRCCPREZ

O.k. so lets all agree that everything in the previous post is 100% indisputable fact. NO argument on the finer points or individual issue, let's just go with that they are all correct and Mr. Casey is 100% correct in everyhting he says.
With this in mind, 1.what does Mr. CAsey want?
2.It was 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!
even if all is true when is it time to let it go?
Also, if there is no answer to what he wants then there can be NO resolution or end therefore defeating his own argument.
I own my own retail establishment, and when a patron has a complaint I do not even try to argue any validity. I simply apologize and ask what would you(the customer) like me to do in your mind to satisfy you in this matter?
If there is no answer than there can be no resolution.....
Further it is even more difficult if the same patron keeps complaining about the same issue three years later and does not offer some form of satisfaction.
Mr.Casey had his day in court, and won. That was not good enough...What more does he want 3 YEARS later?
I am willing to concede that all stated facts are true...but where is the end to this? What does he want? what will satisfy him? this is where I take issue with Mr. CAsey.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 AM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

O.k. so lets all agree that everything in the previous post is 100% indisputable fact. NO argument on the finer points or individual issue, let's just go with that they are all correct and Mr. Casey is 100% correct in everyhting he says.
Also, if there is no answer to what he wants then there can be NO resolution or end therefore defeating his own argument.
I own my own retail establishment, and when a patron has a complaint I do not even try to argue any validity. I simply apologize and ask what would you(the customer) like me to do in your mind to satisfy you in this matter?
Further it is even more difficult if the same patron keeps complaining about the same issue three years later and does not offer some form of satisfaction.
Mr.Casey had his day in court, and won. That was not good enough...What more does he want 3 YEARS later?
I am willing to concede that all stated facts are true...but where is the end to this? What does he want? what will satisfy him? this is where I take issue with Mr. CAsey.

1. In your retail business you try for a resolution. SAM,s hasn't.
2. What does MR.Casey want? Maybe a resolution and not just start throwing people out. This situation IS NOT RESOLVED with one side abusing its power and using the nuke option.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

1. In your retail business you try for a resolution. SAM,s hasn't.
2. What does MR.Casey want? Maybe a resolution and not just start throwing people out. This situation IS NOT RESOLVED with one side abusing its power and using the nuke option.
It is up to the membership of the club involved to come to a resolution - and they have! They have supported their elected officers' decision, and have since re-elected enough of those same-minded individuals to continue on the same course. WHAT WE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD THINK DOESN'T MATTER - IT'S THEIR CLUB.

Right or wrong, John Casey was a bit enough PITA to the SAM Board that they took action unprecedented in the club's history. The majority of the membership has chosen to let that action stand. Being right is not enough in a social organization. Sometimes you have to go along to get along, and I strongly suspect John Casey could not and does not accept that fact.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
BUTCHIEBOY

What's a matter Jug, can't take a little criticism of your outlandish statements. Tommy Gun and Jim Skids as stated are onsite and involved in this situation, and take offense to their club being villainized by a deranged member who has been expelled. You on the other hand, are not directly involved, have assumed conjecture to be fact, and blather as if you know exactly what is happening at present with this ridiculous situation that should be dropped by John C. Let me make this clear to you Jug, with the lack of support from the membership of this club, JC is sucking wind and fighting a losing battle. It is obvious by their election of BOD, both past and present, that they do not want a resolution to his whining garbage, and it seems that the one side so called abusing their power in this situation is the majority of the club, which JC says is on his side(that is surely laughable). I guess that you have totally assumed all this conjecture as fact as, you state I cannot deal with fact. Well Jug, there is where you are totally wrong, because as of now I have seen no facts, only statements by individuals without all the details. Jug you would make a hell of a liberal judge. Maybe you missed your calling!!! And yes the redeeming value in my post is:
Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teachu2

WHAT WE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD THINK DOESN'T MATTER - IT'S THEIR CLUB.

Right or wrong, John Casey was a bit enough PITA to the SAM Board that they took action unprecedented in the club's history. The majority of the membership has chosen to let that action stand. Being right is not enough in a social organization. Sometimes you have to go along to get along, and I strongly suspect John Casey could not and does not accept that fact.
Amen to that. I hope they all get a big laugh out of the way that this thread has solved their problems (although there is nothing funny about it). It is really unrealistic on the part of those here to expect som restituion from this club to JC, or visa versa. The club should be allowed to operate under whatever political umbrella they wish, it is their club, and the majority apparently has spoken. John has said that is not the case, but from the limited number of replies from the SAM constituents, that would appear to be the case. I refuse to believe the entire club is being held hostage and at gunpoint by the BOD and that they are cowering in fear, to afraid to speak out on this injustice. That whole premise is laughable. I do not fault him for speaking up, he has that right, but he has moved on to another group where he is happy and apparently doing well. What more can be done? John do you want to see the SAM club disbanded? lose their charter? the board hauled out to be tarred and feathered? Please man, go on with your life and let the others be, life is too short to continue to fight this windmill.
Tommy
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I love this one:

Jimmy Skids
" I almost left the club and would of if John and his few supporters would of got their way.'

Heres the Very worst that would have happened if I got MY way:

The 400 ft runway............... extended to 700 ft

The pylons taken down after every race as had been the case for 15 plus years (see clubs rules)
(ALL PYLONS MUST BE TAKEN DOWN AND THE FIELD RESTORED TO A PRESENTABLE CONDITION)

The members properly informed instead of having everything hidden from them.

The vote of the membership not OVERRULED when they VOTE NO on an issue............ ITS NO. (bring it up next year)
Not bringing up the same crap time after time (like raising iniation fees)
How many times did the club have to vote on that issue before your board
violated the members will and did it anyway...
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT MR SKIDS "YOURMEMBERSHIP MAJORITY" VOTED NOT TO RAISE THE FEES!!!!

It makes no difference if you disagree with the outcome, your side that wanted to raise the fees....... LOST.
The membership said ...NO.... and you say that the board doing it anyway "is no big deal"
your are WRONG, IT IS A BIG DEAL, that is WHY WE VOTE IN THIS COUNTRY.

The Board did not Like "roberts rules of order", because it kept them from getting things "THIER WAY"
so they eliminated them, along with "voting" on any issue.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

ORIGINAL: John Casey

I love this one:

Jimmy Skids
" I almost left the club and would of if John and his few supporters would of got their way.'

The pylons taken down after every race as had been the case for 15 plus years (see clubs rules)
(ALL PYLONS MUST BE TAKEN DOWN AND THE FIELD RESTORED TO A PRESENTABLE CONDITION)

The vote of the membership not OVERRULED when they VOTE NO on an issue............ ITS NO. (bring it up next year)
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT MR SKIDS "YOURMEMBERSHIP MAJORITY" VOTED NOT TO RAISE THE FEES!!!!

It makes no difference if you disagree with the outcome, your side that wanted to raise the fees....... LOST.
The membership said ...NO.... and you say that the board doing it anyway "is no big deal"

The Board did not Like "roberts rules of order", because it kept them from getting things "THIER WAY"

And yet THEY are still there, and you AREN'T. The club has gone on without you. You have found a new club. Right or wrong, it's over. BTW, I've NEVER gotten to vote on tax increases or fees in this country.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love this one:

Jimmy Skids

John,
As stated before many times...... Runway couldn't be extended. After I left the board the new board met with Parks and Rec. (landlord) and they were kindly asked not to pursue the matter. It seems as if Parks and Recs has more on their plate at the time and does not want to be bothered with the issue. As for raising initiation fees, what is the big deal with the subject. My proposal to raise to the same level as other clubs was voted down because the membership didn't see a need..... then $40,000 in repairs due to a large fire in the area where a tanker truck destroyed the runway and poof there was a need. Times change and costs change, yet my annual dues haven't, can you say that about your new club?

If your so unhappy with the initiation fee at a club you don't belong to then why don't your drop the initiation fee at the club you belong too.

And lastly the pylons are not mentioned in the club rules. So I would appreciate it if you would stop spreading all the lies.

Please realize that I am not the individual in charge of running the club, I do not make all decissions regarding club, and I do take offense of you making it seem like I made all the changes.

John it's time you moved on and stopped trashing the club and myself.

Jimmy Skids

Old 04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
SSRCCPREZ

This is the nineth time that you have stated these points. Answer this queston for a change...WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Why after 3 years can you NOT let it go?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Wow , you mean to tell us the SAM club blew $40,000 of the memberships money,
and still could not get a runway extended?

(Skids left out the paving tractor getting stuck , after being warned the runway would not support
the weight by the original builder ............. cost the club an unneeded $10000)

That the parks and recs dept asked the club "not to persue it" AFTER The parks and Recs dept
sent a supervisior to a club meeting and told your club to "just put in a proposal".???

Something is not ringing true with your version Jimmy.........

Check this out :

John Casey showed us emails that your Board never sent in a proposal (verified by the county supervisor) in Nov 2002.

Yet Skids claims the reason for Caseys termination( issued in March 2004) was "contacting the landlord" .

Why A two year delay between "contacting the landlord"in 2002 and his termination in 2004????

Or is it as John Casey Claims :

His termination only came AFTER "calling for the dismissal" of your board in Feb 2004,
which the board responded to........... by just writting up a termination letter dated March 2004.
(NOT APPROVED BY THE MEMBERSHIP)

The tanker truck damaged the runway in a late July 2002 fire , yet
the votes by the membership defeating the raising of iniation fees happened
afterward (May 2003 June 2003, Nov 2003_

The time line of factual events is not supporting MR Skids.......
nor was there any vote of themembership approving the raising of any fees,
let alone those fees already disapproved.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
SSRCCPREZ

And again you are not answering the question
WHAT DO YOU WANT?

See John you cannot get off it.....you cannot answer one simpl question..You just keep going and going and going and going!!!
This is truly no longer funny, just very very sad. I mean that sincerely and not as a dig or flame. I really cannot tell you how sad I think this is and how much I really feel bad for you.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Jimmy Skids

Wow , you mean to tell us the SAM club blew $40,000 of the memberships money,
and still could not get a runway extended?

(Skids left out the paving tractor getting stuck , after being warned the runway would not support
the weight by the original builder ............. cost the club an unneeded $10000)

That the parks and recs dept asked the club "not to persue it" AFTER The parks and Recs dept
sent a supervisior to a club meeting and told your club to "just put in a proposal".???

Something is not ringing true with your version Jimmy.........

Check this out :

John Casey showed us emails that your Board never sent in a proposal (verified by the county supervisor) in Nov 2002.

Yet Skids claims the reason for Caseys termination( issued in March 2004) was "contacting the landlord" .

Why A two year delay between "contacting the landlord"in 2002 and his termination in 2004????

Or is it as John Casey Claims :

His termination only came AFTER "calling for the dismissal" of your board in Feb 2004,
which the board responded to........... by just writting up a termination letter dated March 2004.
(NOT APPROVED BY THE MEMBERSHIP)

The tanker truck damaged the runway in a late July 2002 fire , yet
the votes by the membership defeating the raising of iniation fees happened
afterward (May 2003 June 2003, Nov 2003_

The time line of factual events is not supporting MR Skids.......
nor was there any vote of themembership approving the raising of any fees,
let alone those fees already disapproved.

John,
I've tried to be civil in my responses to you, but I'd get further talking to a brick wall. Facts or no facts, the runway could not be extended for many reasons. You are just a big bitter bag of wind that keeps harping on the same subject. I wasn't even on the board when all this crap transpired. Just do us all a favor and blow away.
Jimmy Skids

Old 04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
BUTCHIEBOY

Yea John, Jughead is waiting for you at the exclusive John C. Jug Aeromodelers. An exclusive club formed to keep Nazi's and Russian modelers out of the hobby. Good God man, you are making yourself into the laughing stock of the internet. Best keep what little self esteem you have left and retreat to your private flying field.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
JUGFLIER

John,
I've tried to be civil in my responses to you, but I'd get further talking to a brick wall. Facts or no facts, the runway could not be extended for many reasons. You are just a big bitter bag of wind that keeps harping on the same subject. I wasn't even on the board when all this crap transpired. Just do us all a favor and blow away.
Jimmy Skids

Yes John let us all move on so we can bury our evil deeds and not ever have to give any account for our diabolical actions. Btw Jimmy every time you post you just dig the hole deeper.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Jimmy Skids

Jugs,
For once I have to agree with you. I'm just about done with my shovel. I'll pass it on to you when I'm done.
Skids
Old 04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
JUGFLIER

Yea John, Jughead is waiting for you at the exclusive John C. Jug Aeromodelers. An exclusive club formed to keep Nazi's and Russian modelers out of the hobby. Good God man, you are making yourself into the laughing stock of the internet. Best keep what little self esteem you have left and retreat to your private flying field.
So what skin off your nose if he wants to embarrass himself, after all you do it every time you post. You remind me of a red neck i know who posts on a website i know of. Every time he posts you realize the govt wasted alot of money on his public education.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
BUTCHIEBOY

Oh what a brutal comeback Jug. Most of us make sense on this site. You and John unfortunately have gone to the ridiculous, illogical side, and now you have reverted to show your true colors with the name calling game because you are firmly ensconced on a dead horse. Grow up![:@]
Old 04-09-2007, 09:27 PM
JUGFLIER

Oh what a brutal comeback Jug. Most of us make sense on this site. You and John unfortunately have gone to the ridiculous, illogical side, and now you have reverted to show your true colors with the name calling game because you are firmly ensconced on a dead horse. Grow up![:@]

Lets talk about sense. You decry the fact (you had to get this line from someone else) that noone has come come to the defense of John C. from the SAM club. Well lets see in this thread and in others i have counted 3 people who did. They also were thrown out of the club or forced to leave. Jerry Dodge gave you his phone number to call him if you disputed John's claims.

You also over look the fact that Jimmy S. has repeatedly pointed out the fact that they have 200 + or - members. Well where are they at? Why don't they all come running in here and blow ole John C. away? If John don't speak the truth there are 200 people who can set us all straight. Where is the great horde in defense of Jimmy S.

Maybe the fact that John C is welcomed at the club is because the black booted thugs that threw him out are no longer board members due to disgraceful resignations.

This is a lot to mull over, and a person like you will struggle with it, but i typed slow so as not to get too far ahead and lose you. But you can just put you finger in the wind and follow the crowd if you wish.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have now stepped into insults and name calling which is a violation of the posting rules of RCU. While this forum is given more latitude than others due to the nature of the forum, this thread is going no where fast and is going to be closed. Thanks Dave