AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Plan Service - Great Job

Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default AMA Plan Service - Great Job

I just ordered two sets of plans from the AMA Plan Service last Tuesday. John had emailed me and said they would be in the mail by Thursday (last week). I received the plans today to my rural post box, USPS box, plans neatly folded with photo copies of the instructions. One week ... thank you very much. The quickiest plan service I have ever received. Not over charged for postage either. Don't you dislike the services that charge $$ for postage and handling, and find it poorly shipped weeks later at a minimal postage compared to what you were billed.

Jim Purcha
MAAC 17709
Old 03-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Mode One

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AMA Plan Service - Great Job

What is this doing here? This is a feather in AMA's cap and this is "The AMA Sucks" thread!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The AMA has their strong and weak points lke any other organization or company. I think part of the problem with why people dislike the AMA is that they expect more than the AMA is capable or able to provide. What the AMA has done well is not promised pie in the sky and has not failed to deliver what it says it will. Now, that's not to say they have not dissappointed people, but they have only done what it is they say they will do.
It's our expectation of the AMA that has dissappointe dus not the AMA failure to deliver.

Chris
Old 03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jim, it's always nice to hear about something that's being done well. The folks at the plans service need a pat on the back for not overcharging on shipping. I'm in 100% agreement with you there! I see that you're across the northern border. If you don't get MA, you haven't seen the spotlight they do on old plans. We get a glimpse ever so often of old plans with a picture of the completed airplane. The short blurb that goes along with it is often the most interesting part of MA!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM
KW_Counter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mode One,
This is NOT the "AMA Sucks" thread.
This is the "AMA Plans Service - Great Job" thread.
KW_Counter
Old 03-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We regularly get Model Aviation at the LHS. I've been buying it on and off for years, just never ordered a plan from the service yet, only from MAN, RCM (still) and over seas. What I purchased was the Alpha (40 sport) and Firebolt (Sarpoulous) 40 pusher.
ORIGINAL: ptulmer

Jim, it's always nice to hear about something that's being done well. The folks at the plans service need a pat on the back for not overcharging on shipping. I'm in 100% agreement with you there! I see that you're across the northern border. If you don't get MA, you haven't seen the spotlight they do on old plans. We get a glimpse ever so often of old plans with a picture of the completed airplane. The short blurb that goes along with it is often the most interesting part of MA!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Mode One

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KW_Counter

Mode One,
This is NOT the "AMA Sucks" thread.
This is the "AMA Plans Service - Great Job" thread.
KW_Counter
KW, you must not spend much time here at the AMA topic forum. There is very little in the way of praise or even comment without contempt for the AMA, here. My comment was meant as "Tonge in Cheek". I have little issue with the AMA and wonder how far $58.00 is suppose to go as far as some think.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to agree with a great plan service-ordered a old berkley plan and recieved it in 5 days and was very reasonable in price and shipping
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM
e-sailpilot86

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I placed an order for a nice big set of plans a few months ago. I won't build it, it's just nice to have on the wall. Besides, it's much to large of a model, and I'd be ording a whole lot of $$$ in wood. Shipped quick, in an unexpectedly rugged shipping box. I haven't ordered from a plans service before. The only downside is you cannot do a search in the plans service, you need to scan through a PDF file.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All those people in the supply, museum, custom products and such services do an excellent job and go well out of their way to satisfy any member to provide superior service. That has certainly been my experience. Absolutely first class all the way.

The t-shirts are definitely second-to-none and the art-work the greatest ever.