AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

TAG Ideas

Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TAG Ideas

As a TAG selected club, I'd like to start a discussion exchanging ideas on how to best implement this program. Successful advertising strategies, encouraging club members to participate, non-flying activities to incorporate, etc. Lets hear your best!

Thanks,
Brad
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
gwh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TAG Ideas

Several local cities Park & Rec. departments get together each year for an event called Kids Outdoor Adventure Days. The park that the event is held in is next door to our flying site so we tag along to it. In the park area kids can try Rock Climbing, Shooting, Archery, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Fishing and several other activities. There is no charge for any of the activities.

At our field we set up simulators to keep the kids busy and so they get some ground instruction prior to flying. The ground instructor can then pass the student off when the flight instructors are ready for a student. This year we we lucky enough to be selected for the TAG program. AMA provided two complete Hobbico Trainers with motor and radio. They also provided two copies of Real Flight 3.5. Best Buy loaned computers for the weekend and large monitors so the kids had a really nice setup to try the simulators out.

Although the winds were not optimal, 20 w/ gusts to 30, we flew about 100 kids during the week end and got one picture in the local paper

http://www.star-telegram.com/407/story/78066.html
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how do you get any information for the TAG program. I can't seem to find anything on the AMA website. I understand we are too late for this year, looking at next year.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
gwh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would call or email the Jack Frost that is listed at the bottom of the article on the front page of the AMA website for more information.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you type /tag at the end of the AMA address it will take you to the Tag page. That's how I found it.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GWH--We got selected as a TAG club as well. How did you manage to already have your TAG day--the program information just came out? Thanks for the idea of borrowing computer/monitor set ups from Best Buy. I tried to load the G3 on my lap top and apparently don't have the RAM or drivers required.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
gwh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We got the stuff on Monday and used it on Saturday and Sunday. We have supported this event for a few years so we were going to do it one way or the other. We try to support the local park department since they are our neighbor and they could probably get our site if they really wanted it since both the city park and our field are on land leased from the Corps of Engineers.