Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Dues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
BUDMAN27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dues

If I join AMA in the middle of the year will it still cost me 58 dollars and will it still run out at the end of the year ?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:13 PM
anonymouse

Default RE: Dues

Read your application, at the bottom of the page. If you join AFTER SEPTEMBER 15 you are paid for the balance of the year and the complete following year. If you join before Sept 15 dues are good only for the balance of the year. (I am NOT a lawyer but, this is the way I read it)[sm=confused.gif] Wait two months and save some bucks, squeek, squeek.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many times a month does that question have to be answered in this forum for you people?

Yes, it will cost $58 if you will be a regular Open Class member 19 years or older as of July 01, 2007.

Yes, that 2007 membership will expire on Dec 31, 2007.

Now there is one little bonus feature that You can find by calling AMA at 1-800-435-9262 ext. 296, 8 AM -5 PM Monday-Friday.

Try something constructive just once in your life. [>:]
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

having a bad day horrace????????? "Try something constructive just once in your life" that is not very nice.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

How many times a month does that question have to be answered in this forum for you people?

Yes, it will cost $58 if you will be a regular Open Class member 19 years or older as of July 01, 2007.

Yes, that 2007 membership will expire on Dec 31, 2007.

Now there is one little bonus feature that You can find by calling AMA at 1-800-435-9262 ext. 296, 8 AM -5 PM Monday-Friday.

Try something constructive just once in your life. [>:]
Guess you're not running for AMA Pres, huh Hossfly?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM
BUDMAN27

Thankyou
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
anonymouse

HEY HOSS>>>>>> keep on running and when you can't hear me anymore you can stop and stay there you arrogant SOB.....It was a fair question and deserved a fair answer.....Not the BS you dish out....[sm=punching.gif]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Dr1Driver

Jeez, Hoss, who licked the stripe off your candy? It rained on your parade? Got cut off?

Yes, this, and other AMA questions, have been asked many times here in RCU. Yes, he could have called the AMA directly and asked them. Yes, he could have just not cared, not joined the AMA, and flown at a "renegade" field.

BUT, he chose to try and find out some information, probably in the easiest way he could, which is what ANY of us would do, including you.

With open arm welcomes like you gave him, no wonder AMA membership is dropping.

Dr.1
Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Hossfly

OK all you Smart Fellows. Click on Budman 27. Check his profile. Just check his first 50 posts, out of over 900, which are mostly pylon racing but enough anti-AMA to let you know that this Pirate has been around the block a few times.

His post here is simply a TROLL and he caught all of you hook -- line -- and -- sinker!!! [>:][>:][>:]

Check this one #70 under "What you get for your $58"

>>>"I don,t know what I get other than I didn,t give them 58 dollars this year and I still fly all the time. There are plinty of places to fly down here where you dont have to put up with some looser who thinks he knows everything and wants to tell you what you are doing wrong when you are flying.

(in reply to Mode One)" <<<<<

Just which "looser" are you?

edit- spelling
Old 05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
decay

Now thats the way to reel in a possible new member, Hossfly.
Can't people change and desire something new? Or do something
different? I guess when you get old and stuck in your ways,
one does'nt ever change anything but their shorts.
And it does'nt take much to knot up Hosscry's shorts does it?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Dr1Driver

but enough anti-AMA

And he'll NEVER be PRO-AMA with people like you around, Hoss.

Dr.1
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 PM
BUDMAN27

You got it all wrong Hoss. For one thing I have been with AMA for 12 years This is one year that I am taking a brake so I can race my r/c boats. I vote all the time so I have the right to speek my oppenions. There are places down here where I can fly without bothering to join any org. and I know that I am far enough away from a club to shut someone down. What bothers me is that why cant AMA have a plan that says if you join today than your membership is good today untill next year. That would make more sens to me. You know just as well as I do that there is one bad apple in every group.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27

You got it all wrong Hoss. For one thing I have been with AMA for 12 years This is one year that I am taking a brake so I can race my r/c boats. //SNIP??
What bothers me is that why cant AMA have a plan that says if you join today than your membership is good today untill next year. That would make more sens to me. You know just as well as I do that there is one bad apple in every group.
Floyd Anglino, EX AMA 444159, I don't think I have it all wrong. You have been AMA well long enough to know the ropes. As an avid pylon racer, you've been around the block, and now you just want to stir the stink. In addition you well know that if you join in June, you will get a credit for NEXT YEAR IF YOU REJOIN FOR THE FULL YEAR NEXT YEAR. YOU KNOW THAT BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT SO YOU WHINE. YEP, YOU ARE RIGHT-- THERE IS ONE BAD APPLE IN THE CROWD!!!! YOU CAN FIND HIM IN THE MIRRIOR.

Nah, that's not really true. A good racer can't really be a bad apple, just a bruised one every so often. I sure loved it when I lived in Chicago-Land. Have some Boat fun and maybe we'll see you around next year, except I'm hankering to do as another well known Pylon Racer, Richard Oliver, did a few years ago, and return to Control Line Stunt and in my case Stunt and Scale.

Edited to add: BUDMAN: Would you want to be a Chartered Club Secretary / Officer and have to each day check to see just who may have an expired AMA license and just who has to be chased down to see if they are current with AMA?
AMA hdqtrs. would love it if they could be as you propose. The computer could just spit out the renewals and save much clerical labor in the renewal phases of the year.
However the clubs would be sinking because those club officers are just modelers that devote a lot of their modeling time to keeping a club running and thus they seldom get to do all the things that those that just show up to fly -- and do nothing else -- get to do. If you want all those goodies/events these officers provide, then do not try to load the club officers with even more administrative work just to satisfy your convenience even more. That goes for all of you that just "WANT to FLY".
Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
<snip>
Edited to add: BUDMAN: Would you want to be a Chartered Club Secretary / Officer and have to each day check to see just who may have an expired AMA license and just who has to be chased down to see if they are current with AMA?
AMA hdqtrs. would love it if they could be as you propose. The computer could just spit out the renewals and save much clerical labor in the renewal phases of the year.
However the clubs would be sinking because those club officers are just modelers that devote a lot of their modeling time to keeping a club running and thus they seldom get to do all the things that those that just show up to fly -- and do nothing else -- get to do. If you want all those goodies/events these officers provide, then do not try to load the club officers with even more administrative work just to satisfy your convenience even more. That goes for all of you that just "WANT to FLY".

Honestly Hoss, the poor overworked club secretary has been coddled to the extent that he has been given control of key elements of AMA policy. Every club member must be an AMA member, because the club secretary couldn't be expected to keep up with workload of verifying everybody's personal liability insurance. Then there is the oft repeated mantra you are humming, that the poor overworked secretary should only have to do it once a year. What's the difference in doing it once a year vs once a month? AMA provides him with a roster of those in the club that are AMA members. Organize said list by month rather than alphabetically. The secretary generally attends a monthly club meeting, and with that simple list knows which club members need to renew that month, and can do his verification in a couple of minutes then and there, for members that have not already mailed him photocopies of their AMA cards. Great big hairy deal. The only reason HQ did not do this years ago is caving to the hue and cry from those in the membership that dig in their heels at any thought of deviating from the sacred way things have always been done. "Status Quo Uber Alles!" is the AMA member's creed.

Abel
Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread is going nowhere quickly. The question was asked and answered, so I am locking this threa.

Ken