Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Insurance,dues and AMA

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Insurance,dues and AMA

Old 02-28-2003, 02:17 PM
tigerrag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance,dues and AMA

I see more and more where some are trying to find insurance other than AMA,no doubt thinking they will save money.The last time I looked insurance companies are for profit and AMA is non profit.So you find an insurance co. that will save you a few bucks what do you think will happen to their rates as soon as they get a few claims,assuming they don't cancel you?
Ama has been promoting modeling for over 50 years and there is no doubt in my mind (simple as it is) that modeling would NOT be where it is today without the AMA.
So quit your bitich'n,pay your dues and be glad you are a member of the best modeling organization in the world!
Old 02-28-2003, 02:33 PM
smokingcrater

I pay less for my renters insurance, and it not only covers replacement cost on contents, but is also the PRIMARY insurance used when flying a model, per the AMA guidelines.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

While your renters insurance is the primary insurance, has your insurance company stated that your plane is covered when you are flying.