Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA FAQ on RCU

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA FAQ on RCU

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 04:08 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA FAQ on RCU

Does anyone else think it is time for someone to write, and RCU to permanently post, a set of FAQ's about the AMA?

The same questions keep arising again and again. It seems to me that an accurate, concise set of FAQ's that all could point to, with links to sources, would be preferable to hammering the same questions over and over.

Maybe some neutral party could write them, to be reviewed by the forum, then pasted with a yellow "sticky" at the top of the forum, by RCU. I bet some of the AMA leadership would be willing to help if questions arise that the author is not familiar with.

They should not include opinion, just facts, and for the those that wish to dig deeper, the source of the facts.

Links to certain sources of information that are dynamic, such as the EC minutes, could also be posted.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:47 PM
J_R

Default AMA FAQ on RCU

'Cause I am getting tired of typing the same stuff over and over for people like you that don't like to read and find the information for themselves.

Maybe if it was put up by someone else on RCU it would be believed without the hassle of pointing out misconceptions and getting contentious with folks like you. You are not the first.

There are problems with the AMA that I would much prefer to try to discuss or solve rather than keep reinventing the wheel for lazy people.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmmm?

Sounds like a good Idea :idea:

So long as its used just for that and NOT for Air Drying Dirty Laundry or making Mud Pies to sling at one another

BV
Old 02-28-2003, 07:38 PM
GAP-RCU

Default AMA FAQ on RCU

A FAQs thread probably wouldn't do much good because there really is no good answer in the minds of some. Besides, the only real credible source for the FAQs answers would have to come directly from AMA officers.

Instead, perhaps an "AMA Alternatives" forum could separate the two camps. Those who want nothing to do with the AMA, who are fed up with it, or who don't wish to work within the system could talk/discuss/organize all day & night in their own forum. If you're an AMA supporter, don't even bother going to the "Alternatives" to argue because that won't be your place. Obviously, most posters in this forum would be AMA members, not supporters, owing to their particular club/flying necessities.

Visa versa too - the "AMA Discussions" forum could then be used primarily by those who wish to improve upon the current situation. I would certainly expect vigorous debate in this forum because passionate supporters will passionately argue their case (especially during election time down in the southeast ).

Then the hat can fall as it may...

Gary
Old 02-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default AMA FAQ on RCU

Would it be possible for someone from RCU to approach the AMA for a moderator for the AMA section.

Sounds to me like a job for the executive director!
Joyce, are you on here!????
Old 02-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Bill Vargas

Default been there done that,,,

and it Failed.

BV
Old 02-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA FAQ on RCU

While I am sure this is a good idea, the implementation will be rocky. I know we have folks here that will fight over the definition of "is", as their previous leadership did.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Bill Vargas

Default AMA FAQ's

Jr, would you say its best for AMA Members to go here,,,

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat.../faqmember.asp

Vice Looking it up here? AMA Members going this route Would only further their knowledge from the use of the AMA Website just by clicking the mouse a few times or simply just Dialing the Phone Numbers listed.

BV
Old 02-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA FAQ on RCU

Bill,

Are you familiar with the term "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink!"

Even though you are right, that term keeps coming back. I finally figured out why. You (and most of us more reasonable types) think that we can get answers by doing a little work.

How many who ask are willing to invest in the answer? Especially if the answer is not what they wanted to hear?

I am convinced that the more places WE put the answers, the more times we will answer the questions.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:58 PM
J_R

Default Re: AMA FAQ's

Originally posted by Bill Vargas
Jr, would you say its best for AMA Members to go here,,,

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat.../faqmember.asp

Vice Looking it up here? AMA Members going this route Would only further their knowledge from the use of the AMA Website just by clicking the mouse a few times or simply just Dialing the Phone Numbers listed.

BV
Bill, I think that is a good site for someone that is interested in joining the AMA. The kind of thing that I think should be in a FAQ here assumes the person is already a member or knows about AMA, but, not the in depth questions that are asked over and over on RCU. I think a FAQ would have to be written. You could point them to the AMA page, but, most folks will either get lost in the navigation or not take the time to read the documents. It needs to be a sort of summary, with links back to further information, I think.

JR
Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Bill Vargas

Default AMA FAQ on RCU

Originally posted by Jim Branaum
Bill,

I am convinced that the more places WE put the answers, the more times we will answer the questions.
Isn t that why We have JR, the AMA Shell Answer Man for?

BV
Old 03-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Live Wire

Default AMA FAQ on RCU

Is this getting to be a personal matter . It is not helping AMA or the individual Lets get back on track

.Le