Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

June 2007 MA page 12

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

June 2007 MA page 12

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default June 2007 MA page 12

Looks like the results are back from the survey taken
several months ago.

Informative but NO surprises from my point of view.
The chart I liked the most was the one on page 14
in the upper right .

It clearly shows that 95 % of the respondents seem to be
at least ok with the AMA the way it is.

Good job AMA. Congratulations !!!!

(to the 5%ers,............ remember it's only a hobby)

Regards,
Roby

Old 05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: June 2007 MA page 12

does it say what the total number of respondents are? Is the survey a true representation of the membership? Just curious.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
rcmiket

If its anything like the voter turnout in past elections, It's not. On the other hand most just don't care.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

does it say what the total number of respondents are? Is the survey a true representation of the membership? Just curious.
It apparently is a true representation of those that cared enough to respond.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:14 PM
seaplanebobr

19 % were neutral which means they were afraid to say they were not satisfied because we all need the ama.
Do we all need a palace in Muncie?
We all pay for it.
Why do are dues go up so mutch every single year?
How mutch are we paying the execs.?
It bleeds me every year at CHRISTMAS ...Merry,merry ama
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: seaplanebobr

19 % were neutral which means they were afraid to say they were not satisfied because we all need the ama.
Do we all need a palace in Muncie?
We all pay for it.
Why do are dues go up so mutch every single year?
How mutch are we paying the execs.?
It bleeds me every year at CHRISTMAS ...Merry,merry ama

From the latest financials it looks like your pain is about to get greater. I wonder if dues are raised if the same percent wil still be happy?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
seaplanebobr

Bend over and keep flying
Old 05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

DUMP MUNCIE!!! Sell all that real estate, keep the museum somehow. Dues are high enough, especially for second hand coverage.

BTW what happens if you don't have homeowners insurance?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: airega1

DUMP MUNCIE!!! Sell all that real estate, keep the museum somehow. Dues are high enough, especially for second hand coverage.

BTW what happens if you don't have homeowners insurance?
The AMA covers you if you are irresponsible enough not to have homeowners or renters personal liability.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

or if you are forward thinking enough to have had you ins agent specificly exclude model aircraft operations from your coverage. it i s easy to do, and makes the AMA coverage primary for you. don't expect a discount on your homeowners policy for it though, cause it aint gona happen.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

DUMP MUNCIE!!! Sell all that real estate, keep the museum somehow.
I disagree.

In fact, I say buy MORE real estate and put flying fields in as many locations as possible.

Dues are high enough, especially for second hand coverage.
Your dues are to support MODEL AVIATION. The second hand coverage is just a benefit.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
50%plane

That is an extremely ignorant point of view, but I digress. Let's keep this thread on topic.

I don't recall getting this survey. I would be interested in knowing how many folks did respond. I think the AMA is ineffectively run, managed pathetically, out of touch with it's members, and finally, doesn't give a care about getting folks interested in this great hobby.(that's right, the Delta Dart program isn't really getting folks interested in more than throwing a little airplane around the way they did over 100 years ago.) However, I think the AMA does the job of insuring me and my models, safety, etc. The only real beef I have with them is the weight limitations and waivers.

Aside from that I think the AMA does a wonderful job and I will continue to help increase my safety, the safety of those around me, and the popularity of this wonderful hobby that I've tied so much of my life up in. So, I think that the results show perfectly my point of view of 95% favorable.(from all that's posted in this thread)

50%
Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I don't recall getting this survey. I would be interested in knowing how many folks did respond.

Right there on page 12: 60,000 emails sent out. 8000 responded. 13.33%

I knew there was an error when I saw that the pie on page 14 showed 33% participated in the annual AMA EC elections.

Then I went to read the text where I found the info above on pg. 12. indicating that few cared enough to respond to the emails.

There is a also message there for all you people that want the electronic mailing of everything. There is also a message for people like me that thinks the average AMA member deserves all the effort expended for the promotion of model aviation.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I don't recall getting this survey. I would be interested in knowing how many folks did respond.

Right there on page 12: 60,000 emails sent out. 8000 responded. 13.33%

I knew there was an error when I saw that the pie on page 14 showed 33% participated in the annual AMA EC elections.

Then I went to read the text where I found the info above on pg. 12. indicating that few cared enough to respond to the emails.

There is a also message there for all you people that want the electronic mailing of everything. There is also a message for people like me that thinks the average AMA member deserves all the effort expended for the promotion of model aviation.
Ahhh, I don't have the June MA yet....

It's a shame that so many AMA members complain and do nothing.

50%
Old 05-31-2007, 08:21 PM
rcmiket

"http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5435080&key=AMA%2CPoll" I thought I remembered some had issues talking the poll. Can't blame the poor turnout on the membership If some had issues. I wonder just how many had problems?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
airega1

I have no complaints with AMA, I just think Muncie is a waste, or maybe I'm wrong, do they even utilize the site?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no complaints with AMA, I just think Muncie is a waste, or maybe I'm wrong, do they even utilize the site?
"Muncie is a waste." ???

If you wanted to buy a really nice new airplane, do you shop through the Web sites, the advertised Vendors, the LHSs or do you go to the swap shops and find the junk that is about to fall apart?

Muncie is aeromodeling's show place. When aeromodeling needs exposure, Muncie is the place to present it. The problem is that AMA hierarchy doesn't expose the wares to enough potential customers. Muncie is a definite potential asset, however an asset needs to be constantly displayed for maximum publicity potential.

"......do they even utilize the site?" [X(] How about starting here and checking the calendar?

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...r/wc062007.htm

Be careful now, as I have been told that a little learning can be a dangerous thing.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 AM
airega1

Thank you Horrace for bringing this to light, I don't know why I never knew about all these events taking place at the site. I apologize for the comment I made.
Thank you
Frank A Rega
Old 06-01-2007, 06:01 AM
seaplanebobr

Mabee H.Q. is in the wrong place, Where the heck is Muncie any way? Is there many reasons to go to Ind. on vacation? Why did they not put it somewhere where most pepole will visit atleast once? Mabee Orlando or close to something.

Mabee the dues would not be so bad if they went from the date you pay, + 1 year instead of the end of the year when money is so tight.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: seaplanebobr

Mabee H.Q. is in the wrong place, Where the heck is Muncie any way? Is there many reasons to go to Ind. on vacation? Why did they not put it somewhere where most pepole will visit atleast once? Mabee Orlando or close to something.

Mabee the dues would not be so bad if they went from the date you pay, + 1 year instead of the end of the year when money is so tight.[sm=drowning.gif]
If you sold the entire city of Muncie, you might get enough money to buy a building lot in the Orlando area. Keep it where it is, and publicize it more. Let everyone know where the AMA is headquartered, and what it is all about. Most don't have a clue that the AMA exists, or what it does. Even flyers...sad statement, but true.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 06-01-2007, 10:41 AM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

anyone that disslikes the AMA Muncie Site...

has never been there.......................

or

is a XXXX

or is just XXXX....

you fill im the XXXXXXXs
Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Although I did not receive any email from the AMA, I did hear about the survey and I did participate. I responded with favorable marks in most catagories. I did complain about the AMA ignoring the 20th century land grab for parks. We will look back at that era and shake our heads for a long, long time.