Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

A Fable of Satire, non-factual, just a thought.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

A Fable of Satire, non-factual, just a thought.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A Fable of Satire, non-factual, just a thought.

....Once upon a time in a land not so far away, there existed a group of distinguished persons, named Ama, approved by a number of other persons, to go forth and attend to the business of the overall organized foundation, being established to provide a focal point of leadership, promotion, public awareness, and protection of those that involved themselves in a sporting activity which only a relative small number of the populace developed any interest in. One could very well rest assured that those learned persons would never even suspect that in a future time -- actually this very day -- that the great soothsayer, CNN Money, would be calling the "Air hogs Havoc Heli -- Spin Master" being a small room size RC Helicopter, the hottest #1 toy for the summer of the year numbered 2007.

....In their quest for leadership, the Ama persons decided to communicate with those that had approved their position. In those times they decided to send a newsletter to their constituents. Then a light appeared in the sky and it flipped about like flipping a magazine between the covers. AHA! a sign from nature that a magazine would be much better than any simple old newsletter. In addition they knew that a magazine could bear news of the good things offered by many vendors. Perhaps then, there was a method to induce the magazine's vendors help pay those taxes that must normally be paid for by the approving voters also known as "members". Oh Joy, life can be so very good when bright ideas bear fruitful thoughts.

....As time faded, these learned Ama leaders became aware that the magazine's managers enticed chosen vendors yet there was never any monies from the vendors to compensate the members for the communication vehicle, which became known as "Ma" because the members did in every so often scream out, "Ma, look what Ama is doing to me!" Thus it continued that the members continued to pay not only the regular tax, but additional tax to support the increase bureaucracy of a nonproductive communication device. Yet the members never thought about approving some different leaders, and therefore the Ama persons continued on their merry way.

....Now there appears a new idea within the productive minds of Ama. There could well be another business, very much like the magazine and maybe it would reduce the annual tax on members. "WHAT should it be?" "Let it be different." "No competition with our vendors or our other sporting media." Again productive minds rise to the occasion. "We are in the heart of the corn belt. Let us provide for the farmers. That cannot be objected to by the approvers." So a great plan was developed to assist farmers to get their corn to the market during the season so needed. What a beautiful thought! So they bought a truck to haul the corn.

....Behold it came to pass that there was a good business, but within a not-so-long time something appeared amiss. There never seemed to be any extra money after the loads of corn were taken to market, actually the expenses exceeded the revenues. ???? and more ???s. >>""We pay "MARKET PRICE" -- $4 PER BUSHEL -- TO THE FARMER" and the brokers gladly pay us "MARKET PRICE" $4 per bushel, for the delivered product, so why do we have to find other money to pay the truck costs and the hired help?" << "Oh, Dear, whatever could the matter be?" [X(]

....Let us seek counsel from those where the money flows and all is answered by those professing much knowledge, like in a large city closer to the sunrise. That is what we need to do. So it was recorded that such happened and behold, the answer came and was received with much aplomb, and they knew the answer would be well received among those of the court. With the answer to their problems solved, the Ama approved ones, on the very next day, journeyed forth and did their bidding.

..................All they needed was to BUY A LARGER TRUCK. And so they did.

You can write the sequel.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:09 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Fable of Satire, non-factual, just a thought.

I think someone has been out in the Texas sun WAY too long
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Ken Erickson

Lars and Ole did the same thing years ago, selling hay.

Ken Erickson
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on post #2

Roby
Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

I take it we are refering to the land of the Obtuse as the the land not too far away.

Some of the contents of the above tome remind me of the story of the hundred dollar watermelon.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:33 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

members did in every so often scream out, "Ma, look what Ama is doing to me!"
Ditto post 2
Old 06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fanatic - someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Just a thought.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Ditto 2 x 2.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
decay

Pres. wannabe, NO WAY!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 PM
YNOT

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM
rnav

SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS
Old 06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
anonymouse

Hey Hoss, If you're campaining, I'll vote for ya... Everyboby I have voted for in the last 40 years has lost!!!!!! Just tryin' to hep out....