Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Needed! AMA president

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Needed! AMA president

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed! AMA president

Guys,

Wondering… who should be the next AMA president. I have often defended Dave Brown in the past by asserting the “benefit of doubt” defense but it is now clear that he needs to go.

Who? Why? Is there anyone eligible that doesn’t desire to render the membership to a common denominator no greater than their self?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Needed! AMA president

YES.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Dave Mathewson is running and IMHO would be a great President. Just ask the people in his district.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Hossfly

Then there are TWO.
OTOH I believe it was "Slick Wille" that professed it is better to be popular than to be right. Would you prefer the everybody's-buddy or the right man at the right time that will accomplish needed projects for the overall good of the sport so needing attention? Time is running out to submit that nomination.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Mode One

Hows about you, Crank?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
LANNYBOB

how about alice cooper
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
decay

[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Then there are TWO.
OTOH I believe it was "Slick Wille" that professed it is better to be popular than to be right. Would you prefer the everybody's-buddy or the right man at the right time that will accomplish needed projects for the overall good of the sport so needing attention? Time is running out to submit that nomination.
I've read enough of your posting to know, your not what I want
in a President, Hossfly
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Rich Hanson might run again. He'd also be a great President!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
YNOT

[sm=punching.gif]

DING DING

Old 06-23-2007, 01:44 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Hows about you, Crank?
Now that’s funny. I am too polarizing for the typical AMAer. Besides it takes more to qualify to be the AMA presidential candidate than that of the President of United States of America. Also, no one will show me the secret handshake.

Seriously, it is time for a change so let’s try to get the few that are eligible to elaborate on their platform and push for the votes to get the AMA and our hobby into the 21st century.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: s3nfo

I think Rich Hanson might run again. He'd also be a great President!

He might be except that he has never even carried his OWN district. But then neither did Al Gore.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Hows about you, Crank?
Seriously, it is time for a change so let’s try to get the few that are eligible to elaborate on their platform and push for the votes to get the AMA and our hobby into the 21st century.
See http://www.mathewson4pres.com And your eligible candidates would be????

Old 06-23-2007, 08:02 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he has never even carried his OWN district. But then neither did Al Gore.
Has that ever happen before in our history?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

he has never even carried his OWN district. But then neither did Al Gore.
Has that ever happen before in our history?
Not that I recall in any AMA election where a District VP was running for President.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Hows about you, Crank?
See http://www.mathewson4pres.com And your eligible candidates would be????

Mine??? Do you mean to say Dave is yours??? Which pocket do you keep him in? I guess… since Dave is your candidate everyone else must find their own...according to your implied logic. Hopefully everyone else will find one like you did.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:47 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Needed AMA support from members
Old 06-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

What, and expect them to give up thier primary hobby of P & Ming about the AMA but never getting involved where they can do something about it? You jest for sure.

You might not agree with some of the posters here but at least they had the cojones to run for office. [>:]
Red S.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
STLPilot

What, and expect them to give up thier primary hobby of P & Ming about the AMA but never getting involved where they can do something about it? You jest for sure.

You might not agree with some of the posters here but at least they had the cojones to run for office. [>:]
Red S.
LCS is running for office?

I agree with you about Hoss, I wouldn't vote for him, but he's got balls. I don't think that DB is the best man for the job, but I don't think the AMA is in the situation it's in because of him either. It's pretty clear in this forum how most "want" more then they want to "give" to support the AMA.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

JOKE!

As he posted earlier: "Besides it takes more to qualify to be the AMA presidential candidate than that of the President of United States of America."

It would mean he would have to give up his cover and come out in the open with a name and location for openers.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
STLPilot

JOKE!

As he posted earlier: "Besides it takes more to qualify to be the AMA presidential candidate than that of the President of United States of America."

It would mean he would have to give up his cover and come out in the open with a name and location for openers.
There are reasons why the office of the President of the USA holds little or no prereq's to qualify, it's outlined in many American history books. Something to do with repression, tyranny and I think something they didn't like about the tea. Just like there are reasons why there are more prereq's to become the AMA President. I would say the prereq's for becoming a hamburger flipper at McDonalds are more intense then that of becoming the President of the USA and there is a reason for that too.

The framers of the Constitution knew what the "reality" of one's ability and qualifications was to hold the office of President based on the masses and the diversity of the people's influence without giving up the freedom for any natural born citizen to become the President of the USA. The AMA does not have those kinds of masses and certainly not the diversity, thus the leaders needs to be more scrutinized and screened to hold such a position. I mean how obvious can it get.

Let's put it this way, let's say Jason Shulman ran for AMA President, could he win, easily. But would he be a great leader and someone with good business skills to lead the AMA? Who knows, all we know is that he's a nice guy and he can fly well and his name is everywhere. This is why the AMA wants people that have been put through the ringer, even guys like Hoss, whom have taken action in the org and have worked towards a ballot based on performance and not their name. In a niche group like the AMA a "name" could win in an instant with no real leadership skills.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Hossfly

//SNIP//

//SNIP//

Let's put it this way, let's say Jason Shulman ran for AMA President, could he win, easily. But would he be a great leader and someone with good business skills to lead the AMA? Who knows, all we know is that he's a nice guy and he can fly well and his name is everywhere. This is why the AMA wants people that have been put through the ringer, even guys like Hoss, whom have taken action in the org and have worked towards a ballot based on performance and not their name. In a niche group like the AMA a "name" could win in an instant with no real leadership skills.
Thanks STL for the nice words. As Slick Willie has been reported as saying, "It's better to be popular than right." Down here in our
toy airplane operation if ANYONE wishes to see their Chartered Club go to _ell in a Handbasket, then just elect a TOP HARD-CORE COMPETITION PILOT to the Club Presidency. For one thing he/she cannot understand why everyone else is not as super-motivated to the same disciplines as he-she is. Then he/she doesn't have the time/interest to administer to the daily chores of running a club as it should be run, especially a large one. However the groupies will all be there clapping and praising. [:@] And it is very difficult to get the person voted out, even as the club slowly sinks below the waves. Kind of like even the top club AMA itself.

The AMA needs a President well versed in the overall realm of competition, however the sport fliers now pay the bills. The sport fliers need places to play amid friendly local city/county governments. In addition the electric newbie is now just as the 1/2A CL/FF sportster once was for the new blood coming into AMA. As much as I hate to admit to it, some of the old ways need changing if AMA bills are going to get paid. AMA needs to attract the new waves, as they will be the only available leaders in the not-too-distant future. If AMA fails to interest them now, who/what will interest them then?

Yes, AMA needs a President, one not held to a job schedule, one that is willing to go outside the established fences and one not afraid to make decisions, yet not too proud to review such decisions. For those that expect it this one doesn't kiss baby-butts, however will never be too busy to hear new ideas, especially those that are for the promotion of model aviation and not just "me".

Here at RCU's AMA Forum, and 2 other minor web-sites, are the only places where I have even talked about being nominated for this Presidential election. Only a couple in my club even know about it. So if you want to see things get started this next 3 years, get me on the ballot.
Then someone else will get to carry on from there. 3 years is about all I can (care to) donate to the cause.

Just email to:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[email protected]

Mary Lou Vojslavek
Administration/Operations Director
Academy of Model Aeronautics
(765) 287-1256 ext. 201

I, Name _______________ AMA number ___________ Nominate Horrace D. Cain, AMA L-93, to the position of President, Academy of Model Aeronautics, for 2008 through 2010.

Sign _______________
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That is all it takes. Only 3 names will be on the ballot, as selected by the Nominating Committee, the EC less the Pres. and the NAA Rep.

BTW, if you nominate me, and I should get on the ballot, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE FOR ME. Think of it as, getting me on the ballot makes it easier for your favorite to get elected. Another popular person will draw off votes that may go to your favorite.
Remember that little guy up near Dallas, TX that helped slick willie get elected? It works like that! Just copy and paste the above into your email and send it.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 PM
littlecrankshaf

Jason Shulman ran for AMA President, could he win, easily.
Jason Shulman for AMA President! Yes that is a real thought. He would be a great candidate. I am going to nominate him.

Hoss has provided a great nomination form that we can use to nominate Jason. I will get some buds on it right away. Thanks STL! Every once in awhile you hit one out of the park…Central Park that is.

Seriously if Jason was eligible I would nominate him for sure.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Jason Shulman for AMA President! Yes that is a real thought. He would be a great candidate. I am going to nominate him.

I doubt if he is eligible at this time unfortunately, even if he wanted the job.

From AMA By-Laws
Section 3. To be eligible to discharge the duties of AMA President, a
nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA and must previously have
served as a member of the Executive Council or as Associate Vice
President or as a Contest Board member for at least one year.
To be eligible to discharge the duties of an elected AMA officer other
than President, a nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA.
To be eligible to discharge the duties of an appointed AMA officer,
including Associate Vice President, Contest Board member, and Contest
Coordinator, an appointee must be a Leader member of the AMA.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:49 AM
STLPilot

Jason Shulman ran for AMA President, could he win, easily.

Hoss has provided a great nomination form that we can use to nominate Jason. I will get some buds on it right away. Thanks STL! Every once in awhile you hit one out of the park…Central Park that is.

Ha this is one time we agree, errr maybe. If Jason was "eligibile" I would most likely look into voting for him too. His eligibility alone would prove enough to me that he, at the very least, was pre qualified based on the AMA's criteria to hold the office of the President of the AMA. Now I hope more people understand why the AMA wants someone based on previous leadership and actions and not previous flying skills.

But would I vote for Chip Hyde? Not in a million years under any circumstances.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:27 AM
littlecrankshaf

I doubt if he is eligible at this time unfortunately, even if he wanted the job.

It is a strange fact of life as we know it. Those that want to have a position of responsibility are usually the worst possible choice. The best are called to duty and avail themselves only with great consideration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.