AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Membership Verification

Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Membership Verification

Does the AMA membership verification http://www.modelaircraft.org/MembershipQuery.aspx work for custom numbers/names? I tried it with one and it didn't recognize it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Membership Verification

Red,

I just tried mine, and it told me that my membership was valid through 12/31/2007, so it evidently does work (at least some of the time).

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think the card I was trying to verify was bogus. It appeared to have been tampered where the membership No. usually goes. I have verified it does work with alpha characters as well as numeric.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Red,

Of course I doubt you will give me a straight answer here but were you attempting to verify a card displayed on the Tyler Modelers Club's website?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Red,

Of course I doubt you will give me a straight answer here but were you attempting to verify a card displayed on the Tyler Modelers Club's website?
Yes, this one - since you asked. And why do you preface so many of your posts with such a negative statement as above?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40195.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	712320  
Old 06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Red,

Yes, this one - since you asked. And why do you preface so many of your posts with such a negative statement as above?
You seem to always want to prove me wrong so I had to prompt you.
Now to make my case:

Guys it is apparent that Red has used this forum to the best of his abilities to flame and embarrass me. As a moderator this type of conduct should not be allowed. The discussions have turned from philosophical discussions to an personal attack from one of the very moderators here on RCU.

Red has not only used the forums to flame, harass and embarrass me but has also resorted to a number PMs to continue his campaign.

His most recent pm and my response follows...
------------------------------------------------start------------------------------------------
After reading what you did in the Tyler Tx. modeling scene I can understand what is "enough". Now it is pretty obvious why you are reluctant to use your name in your posts.

The darnest things pop up.

"Hi, Red;

Yes, he is a constant problem here in Tyler. Had to be physically ejected from the flying site once for not following the club's field rules. Went next door to the parking lot and started to fly there until the club called the police on him.

So he went off and formed a competing club (Texas Unlimited Fun Flyers: TUFF), somehow negotiated a parallel lease with the city for the SAME flying site, didn't give site coordinates to AMA, and when finally called on it by AMA, gave coordinates off in the middle of Lake Palestine. AMA, in all of their HQ's efficiency didn't bother to check and gave them site insurance which was all the City of Tyler wanted.

When this all was discovered the AMA threatened to pull insurance if the two clubs couldn't reach a common field-use agreement.

BTW, yes: the card IS doctored. His AMA# is TUFFONE. And if he uses the doctored card at the Tyler field, he is in violation of the City of Tyler park rules. "

You are a real piece of work Mr. Humphries, but at least now we understand you better.

My response to Red's PM:

Red,

If it makes you feel better, go right ahead and believe that fairy tale. The truth would make a much better story though. Apparently who ever gave you that account knows little about the facts… but just to set the record straight…I have never been ejected from the Park/flying field by the police or anyone else for that matter. It seems you might be bright enough to understand that the same person that went on to negotiate a “lease” for the ”parallel” club would not likely be the same person to be ejected by the police. Even you have to admit that doesn’t make much sense. Believe what you wish though.

On another note; you can pretend that my anonymity is of some relevance but the fact is, within a thread on RCU that pertained to particulars about the clubs problems, I did indeed give my name and location with my accounts of the affairs. I am not hesitant to give my name to substantiate my accounts of specifics…not necessary when discussing philosophic positions though… matter of fact one’s name or position shouldn’t factor in at all unless as expert.
--------------------------------------------END------------------------------------------------------

Now many of you may remember a thread that pertained to the conflict between two clubs here in Tyler, Texas and you may also remember I was not the least bit hesitant to give my name to substantiate my assertions or accounts about the affairs… although others that countered me did not see fit to give their name…Red knew/knows this when he continues to degrade my character by constantly illuminating my so-called anonymity in a effort to give some weight to his arguments. This kind of conduct is totally unacceptable IMO! I have seen Red attack not only myself but others with more than an eager zealous over the years and I often wonder why it is allowed to continue.

This time his propensity should be overwhelming clear.

Yes, my name is Mark Humphries and the picture of my AMA card displayed here on RCU and on TMC’s website bares out the fact that I have been targeted by those that wish to humiliate another person in this great hobby…the truth like it or not!

Red,

If it makes you feel better, go right ahead and believe that fairy tale. The truth would make a much better story though. Apparently who ever gave you that account knows little about the facts… but just to set the record straight…I have never been ejected from the Park/flying field by the police or anyone else for that matter. It seems you might be bright enough to understand that the same person that went on to negotiated a “lease” for the ”parallel” club would not likely be the same person to be ejected by the police. Even you have to admit that doesn’t make much sense. Believe what you wish though.

On another note; you can pretend that my anonymity is of some relevance but the fact is, within a thread on RCU that pertained to particulars about the clubs problems, I did indeed give my name and location with my accounts of the affairs. I am not hesitant to give my name to substantiate my accounts of specifics…not necessary when discussing philosophic positions though… matter of fact one’s name or position shouldn’t factor in at all unless as expert.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now many of you may remember a thread that pertained to the conflict between two clubs here in Tyler, Texas and you may also remember I was not the least bit hesitant to give my name to substantiate my assertions or accounts about the affairs… although others that countered me did not see fit to give their name…Red knew/knows this when he continues to degrade my character by constantly illuminating my so-called anonymity in a effort to give some weight to his arguments. This kind of conduct is totally unacceptable IMO! I have seen Red attack not only myself but others with more than an eager zealous over the years and I often wonder why it is allowed to continue.

This time his propensity should be overwhelming clear.

Yes, my name is Mark Humphries and the picture of my AMA card displayed here on RCU and on TMC’s website bares out the fact that I have been targeted by those that wish to humiliate another person in this great hobby…the truth like it or not!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:55 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I tried it as well, it works perfectly. I double checked my own name and number as well as about 6 or 7 others from our field. Worked every time. Even found one that didn't rejoin this year.