Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

When should I start getting the magazine?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

When should I start getting the magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:32 PM
dlc60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When should I start getting the magazine?

Hi all,

I've gotten my full AMA membership, and the card and such has come in the mail - But when does the MA start showing up? Did I read it wrong and it isn't included in the full annual membership? I've read a lot of "less than congratulatory" posts about MA, but it does have something useful in it like schedules and other nit picky things about events and clubs (yes so does the web site.) Is there anything in the MA that I'm missing if it doesn't show up at my door?

thanks,
DLC
Old 06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: When should I start getting the magazine?

ORIGINAL: dlc60

Hi all,

I've gotten my full AMA membership, and the card and such has come in the mail - But when does the MA start showing up? Did I read it wrong and it isn't included in the full annual membership? I've read a lot of "less than congratulatory" posts about MA, but it does have something useful in it like schedules and other nit picky things about events and clubs (yes so does the web site.) Is there anything in the MA that I'm missing if it doesn't show up at my door?

thanks,
DLC
You should be getting it soon. Here is some idea of the contents: http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/JULY07/toc.htm

Old 06-28-2007, 10:56 PM
dlc60

Thanks Red,

I guess that I just have to be patient. Not an attribute that I'm known for I'm afraid.

DLC

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Hi all,

thanks,
DLC
You should be getting it soon. Here is some idea of the contents: http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/JULY07/toc.htm

Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you live in Central Florida, I can ring your chimes. I've got issues from way back when until now. I suppose I'm a pack-rat, but if you live nearby, I'll give you bunches of them.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Red,

I guess that I just have to be patient. Not an attribute that I'm known for I'm afraid.

DLC
You better start developing your patience skills if you want to "survive" the hobby. I've had the "urge" to grab the transmitter by the antenna and smash it to the ground after a really bad dumb-thumb. I breathe in and out a few times and the "urge" is gone specially when I imagine the nasty bill from the hobby services repair shop due to a busted transmitter. After the fact, the aircraft is not that badly damaged after all.

Rafael

Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
dlc60

Nope, Colorado - But thanks for the offer!

DLC

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

If you live in Central Florida, I can ring your chimes. I've got issues from way back when until now. I suppose I'm a pack-rat, but if you live nearby, I'll give you bunches of them.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 07-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Live Wire

Well if the address sticker does not come off any day now