AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Today is the DAY!

Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Today is the DAY!

Today, July 13, (Friday the 13th [sm=what_smile.gif] ) is the closing day for AMA members to submit nominations for the AMA officers either District VPs or the President of AMA. Any nomination must be in by close of business today.

Thanks to all that submitted a nomination for me as President. I really thank you. It has been a Fun -- Kick.

The three (3) official nominees to be on the election ballot will be selected Aug. 12 by the EC DVPs and the EVP. So whoever they may be, please pay attention to what they have to say in their Campaign Statements and above all pay attention to what they DO NOT say!

AMA, as we have known AMA, is going to have to go through a metamorphosis and reach out to the modeling fraternity if it is to survive. The current changes in technology, interests, and needs of the potential membership present a situation far beyond previous changes which have also been significant within their time realm.

Like government, AMA has its insiders which mainly pursue their personal interests for the day. They are not concerned about the future beyond arm's length. That makes only YOU the person that has the ability to establish significant change. YOUR vote on the ballot is the answer. Use it wisely, and objectively.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Today is the DAY!

I'd like to add a little bit to what Hoss had to say here. I've already been in contact with Tom Schwyn at the AMA to let him know that we are going to offer the candidates in the election forum space here on RCU. This basically boils down to each candidate in the election will have their own sub-forum (if they want it of course) to be used for communication with the member of RCU. This will give the members a direct avenue to ask the candidates any questions you may have, and in return it will allow the candidate to answer those questions and concerns for you. I'm hoping that this will be a great tool to help inform our RCU members about each candidate in order for them to better base their choice for that elected office.

Ken
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RCKEN, I think that is a phenominal opportunity to be offered to the candidates. MAy I ask that those sub-forums be heavily monitored to avoid the candidates being slandered or name clled or treated with anything less than the respect they deserve for their willingness to put themselves out there.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 11:07 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One more note....does anyone else see the irony in that it's friday the 13th and this is the day they picked.......just asking
Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

RCKEN, I think that is a phenominal opportunity to be offered to the candidates. MAy I ask that those sub-forums be heavily monitored to avoid the candidates being slandered or name clled or treated with anything less than the respect they deserve for their willingness to put themselves out there.

Thanks
I can assure you that I will watch these forums like a hawk for just this reason. I will do my absolute best to keep the civil and a resource for the candidates to use to help their election bid.

Ken
Old 07-13-2007, 11:49 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ken,

That's an awesome opportunity, as SSRCCPREZ said. Major Kudos to the staff and administration of RCU for providing it.

I can assure you that a SIGNIFICANT factor in my voting decision will be my observation of which candidates most effectively utilize this tool.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Live Wire

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hossfly
When I wish you good luck this has to be the day but we need a change and you might be the one Just remember this is a HOBBY