Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Should RCU posting be anonymous?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Should RCU posting be anonymous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should RCU posting be anonymous?

YA know what..I was going to let this go, but JOHN your PM to me is very different in tone and content than you are trying to appear in your posts. MAybe I ought to post your PM so your spots can be seen a little more clearly!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm amazed by the number of guys who think they know who did it.

My "Internet for Dummies" book reccomends strongly for people to shield their true identities.

Interesting to hear about the auto racing forums. Let's face it, that "sport" is largely about silver spooned brats and ego driven maniacs chasing a dollar sign. Isn't the Top Fuel E.T. record held by some ex racers' 9 year old grand-daughter, now?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
The Toolman

Remember fellers, anywhere Money/Politics/Power are involved there will always be a fair share of sneaky chicken sh*ts, be they young or old...

Ronnie
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all for the support, PM's and for the feedback. I guess what it comes down to is that everything has a cost and some of us have more to lose than others. I can only guess that whoever did me in doesn't have family or understand the importance of family and honor. In my book you don't mess with someone's personal life or income no matter how different their opinion is from yours. It's too bad that there is a coward among us who would sink to such a low. I still haven't made a decission as to terminating Jimmy Skids or not, but everyones input does mean a lot, keep it coming.

Thank you all,
Jimmy Skids
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
The Toolman

Well, lets do it this way then. Unless the truth hurts some here.....

Anywhere you have money/politics/power there will always be a few lowly backstabbing cowards involved. Take the Govt. for instance.

Ronnie
Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids
In my book you don't mess with someone's personal life or income no matter how different their opinion is from yours. It's too bad that there is a coward among us who would sink to such a low.

Thank you all,
Jimmy Skids
Jimmy,

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

I have also had the displeasure to know some chickens in this hobby that also dealt personal misery whenever and wherever the opportunities arose due to club related political differences. In my opinion such cowardly acts are about as low as a human can go. What amazes me, is that some others can merrily play along and even rationalize it as justified...they are even more pathetic. Believe me, I feel your pain.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:00 AM
littlecrankshaf

BTW I find it very disconcerting that someone hasn’t posted to dispel any notion that it was him that did the dirty deed...so I guess I'll start. It was not me that sold you out and I don't know who did... Anyone else???
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 AM
SSRCCPREZ

LCS, there is only one person that should try to deny it and he is the one who did it. I think it is safe to say one can make a reasonable assumption as to whom did this evil act. I do not think you need to be in these forums long to know.
Nonetheless, I would never go anonymous, I stand behind what I say not hide behind anonimity. I understand why some would rather not e known and thats fine. i am one who would rather stand right on stage behind the podium and take my licks and eefend my position. Thats just me though
Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
In my opinion such cowardly acts are about as low as a human can go.
BTW I find it very disconcerting that someone hasn’t posted to dispel any notion that it was him that did the dirty deed...so I guess I'll start. It was not me that sold you out and I don't know who did... Anyone else???
Mark, what have you ever done that would make anyone think that you would sink so low?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
LordSirOb

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

LCS, there is only one person that should try to deny it and he is the one who did it. I think it is safe to say one can make a reasonable assumption as to whom did this evil act. I do not think you need to be in these forums long to know.
This is truly amazing. The thread originator has a long-standing feud with another – and this is well documented in all of the various threads concerning the two whose names shall not be mentioned (sort of like Lord Voldermort in the world of Harry Potter).

Both individuals have spun incredible tales of nefarious deeds done to him by the other – no proof by either – just unfounded claims based on internet chatter. All I can say is that the starter of this thread used a new screen name to cause anonymous grief to the other – and only confessed when he screwed up and let the cat out of the bag.

Now for this person to use the internet to infer that someone is affecting his real life – why is this credible when he went to great lengths to cause anonymous grief to the other [X(]? Sorry, I can’t go there based on his proven track record.

By the way – I did it. I confess! It is written by me on the internet – it must be true ! (I hope you can all understand sarcasm – I tried to be blunt about it ).
Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually in all this drama only one individual has "spun incredible tales of nefarious deeds" .

Now for this person to use the internet to infer that someone is affecting his real life – why is this credible when he went to great lengths to cause anonymous grief to the other
I have seen the letter and the envelope it was mailed in. You can believe it actually happened.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
LordSirOb

ORIGINAL: Tommy_Gun

You can believe it actually happened.
Don't tell me what to believe Mr. Internet Fella...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know any of the background regarding who's got a beef with who on these forums, frankly don't give a squat about it, it's all petty squabbling as far as I'm concerned. Take it outside. It does seem odd, though, that someone knows enough about someone else's surfing habits that they can make an issue about it to someone's higher-ups. Sounds like whoever it is doesn't have enough to do in his own life, job, whatever, that they can spend that much time watching what someone else is doing.

As far as net surfing on company time goes, consider yourself lucky. Our corporate policy is NO internet usage that is not directly related to the execution of your job duties, and our IS people have unlimited oversight of 'net use by any employee. First violation can be as light as "stop doing that" to immediate termination, dependent on what IS observes the user doing. FYI, I work in a healthcare setting, it's not like we have a lot of downtime anyway.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
In my opinion such cowardly acts are about as low as a human can go.
Mark, what have you ever done that would make anyone think that you would sink so low?
another jab?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
JUGFLIER

i can tell ypou i have been attacked before and thought i knew who the culprit was only to find out later i was seriously wrong. I have stayed out of this till now but i am apalled by the rush to judgement by some who don't know a thing.

Let me offer some alternatives. There were three expelled from sams, not one. i t could be possible someone in the company Jimmy works for turned him in, maybe wanting his job. Maybe some one in his own club who has quietly stood on the sidelines. The possibilities are endless.

It seems to me the only real purpose of the origin of this thread is to be a little more clandestine in carrying out the previous war.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Maybe Jimmy did something like this to someone else?

My responses on this have been curtailed and are tied on this one by the moderators.

I will not be able to post on this subject.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
JUGFLIER

Franly John,
It is rediculous that anyone would be forced to respond. this is the most insideous form of attack i've seen in a while. By his own admission in his first post he has no idea who did this, yet fosters the idea you are behind it. It could have been me, he and i have sparred before and i am from Ontario.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

A review of the "war" may paint a clearer picture.

I see a huge backfire coming to MR skids if somebody snoops alittle.

Rcu has a great search engine for reviewing past posts.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've told the individuals involved that RCU is not going to allow them to continue the little war that went on in the past. I did allow Jimmy to post this thread with the understanding that if he referred to those old problems I would close it down. While Jimmy has steered clear of the issue, there are too many people that just want to dig up that old battle. I'll tell everybody at once, as far as RCU is concerned it is history and we're not going to allow it continue here. This message is not to just person, rather it is to EVERYBODY. Drop it.

Since it seems everybody wants to steer this thread into the past I'm going to lock it down. I'm sorry that this had to happen, but as it stands right now there isn't much choice that I have.

Ken