Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Official Presidential Ballot Nominees.

AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Official Presidential Ballot Nominees.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default AMA Official Presidential Ballot Nominees.

The AMA Official nominees for the AMA Presidential election for the 2008 -2010 time space are Rich Hanson, AMA DVP D-X, Dave Mathews, AMA DVP, D-II, and Bill Oberdieck, AMA DVP, D-VII.

Horrace Cain was eliminated as a choice.

Thanks for all the support, but it was all for naught.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AMA Official Presidential Ballot Nominees.

DB not make it onto the ballot or did he choose not to run?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is never all for naught Horrace.

Sometimes more change can be made by working behind the scenes rather than being the recognized figurehead of an organization.

I am sure that at least one of the three candidates has some ideas that you can support and also help him to implement change for the better.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horrace,

Disappointing that your name was left off the ballot.

Would you be willing to share your insight on the choices listed above?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lomcevak Duck

DB not make it onto the ballot or did he choose not to run?
I think he chose not to run. He has been having some severe medical problems. If I recall, the setting President is automatically on the ballot unless he chooses not to be.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:36 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is a god!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry to hear that Hoss. Those of us in the outlaw community here in Northern Nevada were wishing you the best, and hoping you'd make it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:24 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't forget, if you really do want Hossfly in charge, you can always write him in!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"There is a god!"

How do you know that?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horrace Cain was eliminated as a choice.
"There is a god!"
Saves me from writing Basin Bum in again[8D].

I was told by a good source Big D would not be running this go aroud some time ago.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"There is a god!"

sure,
cause it would suck if folks were given choices in ballots.

Is this because STL fears people would vote for Horrace?
And the last thing STL would want is someone winning an election by Recieving Votes?
Is there something wrong about the members voting for the person they want elected, something STL needs to prevent with Divine Ballot Tampering?

Or is about not allowing folks to vote for candidates STL doesnt like.... Didnt Russia/China have the One Party System? Anyone that might get votes is not allowed to run. It would be in step with the Uncontested Ballots for so many Districts last ballot: Anyone that might have gotten votes is barred, and we get the swell voter return numbers... just like last year- 'Vote for the only candidate, or not'

A. If STL believed Horrace wouldnt win in the election, why would he care if his name was on the ballot: He would not be president by not winning the election. Put Horrace, BasinBum, BillyHell, and JohnCasey on the ballot... heck, put 20 or thirty people on it... why not, if they are not going to win, they wont even take long to count the lack of votes.

B. If STL believed Horrace would win the popular vote of the members, STL is more concerned with getting his way than the majority of the Voting AMA Membership getting their way.... Yes, thank god the membership is denied the ability to elect someone STL doesnt want.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Or is about not allowing folks to vote for candidates STL doesnt like.... Didnt Russia/China have the One Party System? Anyone that might get votes is not allowed to run. It would be in step with the Uncontested Ballots for so many Districts last ballot: Anyone that might have gotten votes is barred, and we get the swell voter return numbers... just like last year- 'Vote for the only candidate, or not'
It would do you well to read the standing rules on nominations available in the Membership Manual which is on line.

1) If there are only 3 nominations for a position, all three will be on the ballot.
2) If there is only one nomination for a position, only that name will be on the ballot. This is the situation you are refering to above.
3) If there are more than three nominations then the nominating committee consisting of the District VPs select the three they feel best qualified.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:40 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Who said I didn't want Hoss on the ballot, I was only addressing that there was a god. Twas only a few days ago I stated I would like to see Hoss on the ballot just so he could realize how advertising rates work in magazines first hand and how simply raising rates, simply reduces profits.

OK so I'm not a Hoss fan, as far as top dog, but I do like the guy. I think he'd make a good DVP as it's always good to have an extremist on the sideline, but the man in charge should know how to sell himself first and then his qualifications second. In what I've seen in DM, I think he's the right guy for the job. I think he should win pretty easily.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This action makes me feel that my (and others) voice means nothing to the executive committee. It probably does not. Horrace, I'm sorry. This is a personal insult, and an outrage.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I sent an e-mail to the AMA voicing my displeasure and concern. I received a reply from Joyce Hager stating that all nominees are treated in the same manner, and that we could write Horrace in if we wish. I have never been treated in such a cavalier manner as this by someone who works for me (us). I think that we all need to actually write Horrace in for the Presidential position, and let him go to Muncie with a large broom. I'm sure that any of the others who will appear on the ballot would do a fine job. It would be much more fair if all of us were heard.

Bill,
WACO Brotherhood #1

I will no longer post my AMA number. I'm ashamed of it.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So wait is this a Muncie issue or a bylaws issue? The people in Muncie only run the administration side of the AMA, so why are we pointing the finger at them?

Obviously we are getting limited and selective information. But the good thing is there was a reason Hoss did not make it, something that he forgot to address. Now all we have to do is wait for Hoss or someone else to explain it, or just come up with our own conspiracies and blame the wrong people until then.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Of coyrse you can
ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

we could write Horrace in if we wish.

Bill,
WACO Brotherhood #1

I will no longer post my AMA number. I'm ashamed of it.
Of course you can "write in" your vote but at this point I think we should make our votes really count. I would suggest that anyone that really cares should take the time to go to the other Remote Control group forum and see what Dave M. has been doing there. Dave has availed himself with very insightful and well thought out opinions. He has my utmost respect and as of this moment my vote. Of course, I welcome the chance and will listen to the others with an open mind but Dave will be very hard to beat. He doesn’t strike me as person to have knee jerk reactions, as all too often the case of many others within the AMA and most certainly within this forum.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
Of course you can "write in" your vote but at this point I think we should make our votes really count. I would suggest that anyone that really cares should take the time to go to the other Remote Control group forum and see what Dave M. has been doing there. Dave has availed himself with very insightful and well thought out opinions. He has my utmost respect and as of this moment my vote. Of course, I welcome the chance and will listen to the others with an open mind but Dave will be very hard to beat. He doesn’t strike me as person to have knee jerk reactions, as all too often the case of many others within the AMA and most certainly within this forum.
LCS,
RCU will be providing sub-forums for all of the candidates that are on the ballot. We will be getting them set up in the next few days. We know that the other forums already have this for Dave, but we wanted to wait until the official ballot was out so that we could give the same exposure to all candidates on the ballot. This will give everybody the chance to get in and "talk" to each candidate about their campaigns.

We do a case by case decision for any write-in candidates. If they are a legitimate candidate with real people supporting them then we will more than likely give them their own sub-forum.

Ken
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ken (&RCU)
That would be good to have. I hope we can keep it civil in the new election subforums... we didnt treat Jim Rice & the other D8 guys so bad last year, I hope the trend of treating notable guest posters well continues.

While things get a little heated in the AMA forum, and the moderators allow a little pushing on the rules for posting, I for one think those Subforums should run a little tighter ship... in particular any threads with Notable Guests / Officials. Nothing nazi, but lets try to put on a better face for company than what we do in the AMA forum. We dont want to look like a bunch of bickering children.

anyhoo-
Bylaws problem or Muncie problem?
The problem is the bylaws support and leave it open for there to be a Muncie problem.
If I were a despot with cronies, I would have fake elections with just my people on the ballot. I can tout the openness of democracy, and the nomination ability of the masss... but in the end my crew will just cut out any dissedent candidates by having 6 or 7 partyliners nominated so I can evoke
3) If there are more than three nominations then the nominating committee consisting of the District VPs select the three they feel best qualified.
... and presto! Amazing how a commity of a clique selects just members of said clique casting dissident outsiders off the ballot, based on their feelings.
Well, that is how I would do it, but I'm an evil despot with no intention of actually allowing Democracy to curtail my power.

With bylawys like these, no wonder the StatusQuo Party is so deeply entrenched.

"There is a god!"
I was only addressing that there was a god.
so that entire post should be stricken from RCU for being purely a religious comment.... there was nothing even remotely RC related to your Anti-Athiest comments, and your Forumvangelism dont belong here. I wont mind editing my post adressing your Solely Athiest Offensive Post when RCU deletes the 100% Non-RC religous content.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The problem is the bylaws support and leave it open for there to be a Muncie problem.
If there is a problem with the bylaws and anything is left open, that is an EC issue. You can't just jump to conclusions, perhaps Joyce called it exactly how it was written. Perhaps it had something to do with the candidate, you can't rule that out.

And in regards to my comment about God, that was just an opinion.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Ken (&RCU)
That would be good to have. I hope we can keep it civil in the new election subforums... we didnt treat Jim Rice & the other D8 guys so bad last year, I hope the trend of treating notable guest posters well continues.

While things get a little heated in the AMA forum, and the moderators allow a little pushing on the rules for posting, I for one think those Subforums should run a little tighter ship... in particular any threads with Notable Guests / Officials. Nothing nazi, but lets try to put on a better face for company than what we do in the AMA forum. We dont want to look like a bunch of bickering children.
KidEpoxy,
Yes, you can rest assured that these sub-forums will be watched like a hawk. I'm not going to be removing any tough questions or issues, but I will keep the candidates from being harrassing or abused here online. Anything like that will be immediately removed from the forums.

Ken
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have just been informed that the selection of the three candidates was made in CLOSED SESSION by the committee, chaired by Bliss Teague, and that the AMA employees have no idea how the selection was made. Same song, second verse. We obviously will have a president that is the finest that influence can buy.

Bill,
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Muncie Muncie.....

I believe that in the best interest of the AMA, they should have picked the candidates who had the most nominations... NOT A CLOSED SESSION!!

I'm writing you in Hoss. Obviously the AMA doesn't want you there as they are afraid you're going to turn the red into black and thereby eliminate whatever legacy that they might have had in regards to the AMA.

50%

p.s. I agree with STL on your qualifications....
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 PM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I have just been informed that the selection of the three candidates was made in CLOSED SESSION by the committee, chaired by Bliss Teague, and that the AMA employees have no idea how the selection was made. Same song, second verse. We obviously will have a president that is the finest that influence can buy.

Bill,
WACO Brotherhood #1
So was there anything that DID NOT conform to the AMA bylaws? And as far as "Muncie's" knowledge in what goes on in during an election, the less they know the better, it's not their job to interfere with anything to do with a membership based election. They get paid to do a job for us, not to get involved with the politics, or as little as possible.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lets compare

Pres Reagan admin had a set of laws that allowed local schools to serve watered down ketchup as a Tomato Soup vegetable serving. This widely spouted <information> has been used for decades to slam that president. What they do not get into is that Not Stopping folks at local schools from malnurishing kids is not the same as Mandating It Be Done by local districts. If any kids got ketchup as a vegetable, it was done by their local school district, not the president.... and yet we hear no outrage over local schools choosing to malnurish just because they are allowed to.

The law allowed corruption, and the opponants of the president state that local school district corruption (of nutrition) as defacto against the pres.

AMA has bylaws. Said bylaws allow closed door nominee selction by feelings. If StatusQuo Party comittee of DVPs choose to be corrupt & kick out non partyliners, do we say that is good because they didnt violate the bylaws?

They, like the local ketchup serving schools, did the right thing by being corrupt, because the laws allow corruption?

Was there any corruption/cronie-ism in the AMA commitee?
Dunno, and will never know... they chose the transparent & public, oh, wait, no they didnt, they chose the secret StatusQuo-clique-only Closed Door Selection process.

Hmmm, so proud of the Feelings Based selection system, they want to keep it secret.

I will write in Horrace,
I might as well, I rushed to re-join AMA to vote for him, and I'd hate to think I wasted 3planes worth of money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service