AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What are you waiting FOR????

Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What are you waiting FOR????

Within this forum there is a sub-forum dedicated to Dave Mathewson. DM is one of the 3 District Vice Presidents selected by the Vice Presidents to be the next AMA President.

So many of you post questions about AMA here in this AMA forum. Now you have a chance to get those answers from the "Main Man" to-be, himself. This is an AMA POLL where YOU get to formulate the questions:
------WHAT THE -ELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? ------

Undoubtedly, DM is going to be the next AMA President. There is very little evidence to indicate otherwise. There are many questions that I would like to have him answer, however after starting the questions, I don't really feel that it is proper for me to monopolize the sub-forum.

Don't YOU really have anything worth asking? If YOU don't step up to be counted within another week, I just may have to be "improper." In other words either LEAD or get thyself from the road. You know that dog / horse that isn't "lead" gets the same view all day every day. If you don't bring forth some topics for an answer, the new leader just may find it very easy to display to you that same view that you have been seeing for the past 20 years. [>:]

Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What are you waiting FOR????

Horrace,

I sent Dave a PM via the link on RCU last week. Dave responded with a fairly lengthy answer. I couldn't believe that he would take so much of his time to answer me, but he did. I won't divulge any of his e-mail here, but let's say that he was seriously interested in what the electorate is concerned about, and according to him, already had some of the same concerns as did I. Looks like we are going to have a do something President. It's about time. He's got my vote.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 09-09-2007, 08:29 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So many of you post questions about AMA here in this AMA forum.
Unfortunately H, most of the legitimate questions here in RCU get pounded so hard by 4 or 5 people in here we don't care to involve you in what is important to us.
Like SB, I have gotten my answers offline without the abuse of you guys.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vicman

So many of you post questions about AMA here in this AMA forum.
Unfortunately H, most of the legitimate questions here in RCU get pounded so hard by 4 or 5 people in here we don't care to involve you in what is important to us.
Like SB, I have gotten my answers offline without the abuse of you guys.

Bigger Badder Meaner Faster!
Revver Brotherhood #41

WOW! Thanks vicman for such a complement. Here you are "bigger, bader, and meaner" yet you can't take the heat from mellow lil' ol' me.
Man you do inflate my ego.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Silent-AV8R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horrace has declared the winner so let's just forget the election. Why bother and spend the time and money for an election??
Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I like Dave and think he'd be a great President, however I think Rich Hansen would be the better choice. RH has considerably more experience than DM, RH has a proven track record supporting the many different disiplines in the hobby (like my favorite, jets and 3D) and to be perfectly honest, in my opinion I think a President who doesn't live on the East Coast would go a long way toward fixing some of the "good old boy" problems we have.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

------WHAT THE -ELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? ------

I would prefer to pose questions to more than one candidate to get a more balanced perception. I will be patient. If no others put out then I will just vote for Dave by default. Of course, I reserve the option to contact the others by alternate means.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
abel_pranger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Horrace has declared the winner so let's just forget the election. Why bother and spend the time and money for an election??

Might as well, because Horrace is right, and the nominating committee has prepared a ballot form to insure it.

Hanson has only been a spoiler in past elections for prexy, and nothing appears to have changed for this election. He is personable, interested in what members have to say, and well liked in in his home district. He won't be answering questions here, nor even on the D-X website, where rigor mortis seems to have set in. One-on-one communication is his forte and that is a definite asset, but it won't win the needed votes from outside D-X any more than it has in the past.

BO posted here often until mid-04, using the alias stalspin. He apparently tried to remove the posts he made, and that isn't at all surprising, as they revealed insights into his fitness for a leadership position that I'm sure he would just as soon have forgotten. For anyone that needs convincing that he will draw the least percentage of votes ever in an election for this office, do a search on stalspin-delete. Might best do that before his posts are actually deleted from the archives by somebody that knows what they are doing.

Abel

Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 AM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Who.. What?
Ok Hoss, I asked the man about an AMA issue I care about.
Now we see if he is the right candidate for me based on some of the things I want done in Muncie.

Of course, since I'm figuring none of the 3 candidates are planning to do anything about MA, and the 3 different answers will be basicly the same.... I'm more than likely going to keep asking about things untill I can find a guy that will represent me better than othe other 2.

Important stuff, like
Less Filling, or Tastes Great?
9mm or 45?
Egg, or Chicken?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 AM
OVSS Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Personnally Hoss, on RCG's AMA Presidential Forum it has been civil and orderly and DM has answered any and all questions and PM's from what I have seen. Here at RCU, it is the wild west, and the info that most want to read I would guess has already been covered on RCG's forum that DM has been involved with.

I know he has a forum here, but the RCU folks seem much more interested in tearing up each other than discussing issues in a straight forward manner. I give you credit for having some pretty detailed issues and answers even though I may not agree all the time, at least you are thinking AMA not personal destruction.

OB
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Silent-AV8R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Hanson has only been a spoiler in past elections for prexy, and nothing appears to have changed for this election. He is personable, interested in what members have to say, and well liked in in his home district. He won't be answering questions here, nor even on the D-X website, where rigor mortis seems to have set in.
The District X website provides both the email address and a toll free telephone number to contact Rich. Both methods are very effective ways to contact him and are used daily by members in his district.

The website was never intended to have live forums, etc.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wondering why nobody is asking him about the ED's employment termination policies and how he intends to restrict the ED from firing people for volunteering to cut grass at AMA HQ in the future.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good idea STL,
I just asked the candidates (the only one here so far) about Muncie Closed Doors, & getting info out of Indiana
Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just wanted to drop a quick note here. Rich Hanson has stepped up to the plate to answer your questions as well as Dave has done. You can find Rich's election sub-forum here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_485/tt.htm]AMA Presidential Election Candidate - Rich Hanson[/link] .

If Bill decides to set up a forum of his own then I'll drop everybody a quick note to let them know.

Ken
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
iron eagel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ken,
I have to tell you that I like the idea of the candidate forums that you have set up.
While many of us might not have a specific question to ask, our reading the questions and the replies given to them, will be very helpful when it comes time to vote.
Thanks to you at RCU for providing this forum for us.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:40 AM
littlecrankshaf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have just read Rich's statement and was very impressed. I want to hear more from him! Sounds like a great guy and all around enthusiast. His perception seems to be right on…we’ll see. I am going to pose a few questions to the candidates now.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 PM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Read replys to my questions from both Dave & Rich

Dave seemed more open to the Sunshine meetings.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 AM
littlecrankshaf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree.

IMO Dave's focus is keen in regards to promoting the hobby/sport beyond just the AMA and its members. I think with his leadership the future of AMA and the hobby in general will be ever greater. His apparent ability to consider and reconsider his position is absolutely priceless. All too often those under scrutiny, such as AMA leaders, will often find acquiescing impossible. It takes a very special person to continually open themselves to alternate perspectives and revaluate preconceived notions. Dave has proved to me to be very balanced and therefore he will have my vote. I will be sure to let others know how I feel and try to garner as much support for him as I can. As someone put it earlier; “a breath of fresh air”.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, as I see just how rapidly these guys respond to questions here in this forum, I predict that whoever is elected will sit back and respond to issues with the same gusto, like about another 3 years from now. [:'(]