Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Extra-AMA Modeling

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Extra-AMA Modeling

Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra-AMA Modeling

Fredster-
Safer in RC planes now?

You do realize the video B29-X1 rocket thing was fully legit for AMA club activities.
If you feel Tripoli would have to be run by idiots to allow that kind of thing, what are you saying about AMA allowing it? ... and allowing it where you fly your RC planes? Would you like the guy at the AMA club field pilot station next to you to to glide a plane down to 30-40' across the deck & hit a rocket in front of you?

The AMA SafetyCode (General #8) says folks can shoot G's & follow "the National Model Rocketry Safety Code", but doesnt specify which groups national rules to follow. If you were a member of FlyRockets & followed their one safety code for their national club, does that meet the AMA SC#8? I'm just guessing, but the closest naming I've seen to what AMA SC#8 says is the NAR club's code, and it has provisions for Radio Guided Rockets (what other national orgs safety rules ban).

Read [link=http://www.nar.org/NARrcrbgsc.html]NAR RC Rocket Gliders Safety Code[/link]
because those NAR procedures are probably allowed at your club field with G motors if you havent specificly banned them locally.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Fredsterman

KidEpoxy

Our club would never allow an obviously unstable plane, or rocket (see the video?) to leave the ground.

What ever happened to the rule that unproven designs are to be test launched with the minimum number of people actually involved in the launch?

No spectators in other words.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Stubborn Mule

Such rules, like so many things in life, apply only when caught! It's a game of free will and "My Rights". And most people here are already convinced the other guy is at fault! Go figure!

The Mule

Yea! I been gone for a bit! But I'm back!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:56 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Anyone remember the 70% Staudacher that caused an uproar a few years ago, and flew earlier this year? Well, here's the same guy doing a build thread on his 80% Extra 260:

The goal is under 100 .lbs Should be interesting.....
Old 11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

Anyone remember the 70% Staudacher that caused an uproar a few years ago, and flew earlier this year? Well, here's the same guy doing a build thread on his 80% Extra 260:

The goal is under 100 .lbs Should be interesting.....

nevermind on the link. RCU's filters won't allow content from another RC site to be posted. Instead, if you are interested, g00gle "80% Extra 260"
Old 11-18-2007, 02:37 PM
KidEpoxy

If we run a whole lotta ganged servos on an Ultralight (with 55lb waiver),
could we enter it in Scale Competitions as 100%? It should be a pretty good facsimile of itself, right down to the coffe stains on the seat, mud on the pedals, & sharpie writing on the instrument cluster.

...not to mention IMAA legal as over 80"
Old 12-25-2007, 03:19 PM
JAkridge

Stubbon Mule wrote:
Such rules, like so many things in life, apply only when caught! It's a game of free will and "My Rights". And most people here are already convinced the other guy is at fault! Go figure!

The Mule

Yea! I been gone for a bit! But I'm back!
My god why do they let this guy keep posting on this forum. This guy has absolutely nothing but something mean to spew out.