Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Who did you Vote for in the AMA Presidential Election?

AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mathewson
64.10%
Hanson
9.40%
Oberdieck
4.27%
Write in
6.84%
I'm not voting
15.38%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Who did you Vote for in the AMA Presidential Election?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Who did you Vote for in the AMA Presidential Election?

This poll is intended to be a rough exit poll of the AMA election. So, who'd you vote for?

50%
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Jim Thomerson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Who did you Vote for in the AMA Presidential Election?

Secret ballot is going to stay secret so far as I am concerned. Sorry to be a spoilsport.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I really have to agree about a secret ballot. This type of discussion shouldn't be held until the balloting has closed. Once the balloting period is over I would have no problems with a thread like this running, but until then I think that it's not really appropriate as it could influence the outcome of the voting. I hate to say it, but I think that I'm going to have to put the brakes on this thread.

Ken
Old 10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ken,

I reopened this. I think there is no issue with exit polls....we will be getting a sample size here and I don't think this will influence the outcome nor would it be our responsibility if it did.

marc
Old 10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Marc,
That's cool. I totally understand. I actually was on the fence as to which way to go with it.

Ken
Old 10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It will be interesting to see how this poll compares with the final results when they come out. My guess is that it will be withing a few percentage points.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I VOTED FOR PEDRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Mode One

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I went for Hanson as he's from the left coast, time for someone not from east of Minnesota. However, either he or Mathewson will do a fine job!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Ken,

I reopened this. I think there is no issue with exit polls....we will be getting a sample size here and I don't think this will influence the outcome nor would it be our responsibility if it did.

marc
GREAT! Glad to see you guys right out here in OPEN communication! [sm=47_47.gif] The EC could take a lesson here.

No secret here as to whom I voted for: Oberdieck? NO-NO-NO! Read his articles. Anyone that cannot command his own written prose at least as well as I can, or preferably much better, then I do not care to have such a person as the number one representative of MY AMA! [>:]

Mathewson: He presents far too much round and round side-stepping within his answers to various questions. Of course all three do that little dance very well. None has any strong direction/redirection within his mind, simply just "Looking at it," whatever the issue may be. IMO, Mathewson isn't going to push the envelope in any direction. We've had 28 years of that. Enough is enough.
The final blow was my question about national publicity, where I had promised to do it myself if so needed, but Mr. Mathewson only stated, "It will take effort." Is that again to be "George's effort?" SOS, "Let George do it." [:'(]

SO! Yes, Hanson received my vote. While he never offered the resistance to the "Business as Usual" that I hoped he would, when I was trying to persuade him to run for DVP, back when I use to go warbird-racing in the Phoenix area some years ago, at least he held off those Bylaw changes that DB has wanted for a number of years. So, I have known him for some time, I regard him as a decently honest personality, and of the choices available, Hanson is my choice.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Mode One

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

9 posts and not one from the very vocal folks here on R/CU's AMA forum! Excepting you, of course, Hoss!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What's there to be vocal about? It's an exit poll, I think most know whom I voted for and it was ONLY for demographical and topographical reasons only.

Viva New York!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
JUGFLIER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have already stated in a previous thread that i wrote in Horrace Cain. No need to be redundant.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Al Gore...as he invented R/C
Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Ken,

marc
GREAT! Glad to see you guys right out here in OPEN communication! [sm=47_47.gif] The EC could take a lesson here.

No secret here as to whom I voted for: Oberdieck? NO-NO-NO! Read his articles. Anyone that cannot command his own written prose at least as well as I can, or preferably much better, then I do not care to have such a person as the number one representative of MY AMA! [>:]

Mathewson: He presents far too much round and round side-stepping within his answers to various questions. Of course all three do that little dance very well. None has any strong direction/redirection within his mind, simply just "Looking at it," whatever the issue may be. IMO, Mathewson isn't going to push the envelope in any direction. We've had 28 years of that. Enough is enough.
The final blow was my question about national publicity, where I had promised to do it myself if so needed, but Mr. Mathewson only stated, "It will take effort." Is that again to be "George's effort?" SOS, "Let George do it." [:'(]

SO! Yes, Hanson received my vote. While he never offered the resistance to the "Business as Usual" that I hoped he would, when I was trying to persuade him to run for DVP, back when I use to go warbird-racing in the Phoenix area some years ago, at least he held off those Bylaw changes that DB has wanted for a number of years. So, I have known him for some time, I regard him as a decently honest personality, and of the choices available, Hanson is my choice.
Hoss as much as I respect you, I think you might believe that the office of the President is a "job" for someone, but in reality it's nothing more then a political seat. I know that you know everything and anything about life and the AMA, but the reason DM is where he is and you are where you are is because DM realized that becoming the President of the AMA takes strategy. Also his office takes plenty of strategy and sometimes that strategy includes baby kissing. I mean you want the AMA to be this huge voice to local, regional and national gov't channels, but you don't want them to spend any money to achieve this great feat, so what does that take ... it takes politicking and baby kissing to make something happen without spending a lot of money. DM is the man for that job and you've only confirmed it with your personal stance, which I respect of course. But this this case we need someone who will be a little more conservative, whom will "conserve" the integrity and the traditions of the AMA without going overboard on their quest to re-structure the organization in 1 swift blow.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM
JUGFLIER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

STL,
This is a status quo election. No published candidate in this race is going to deal with the fact that MA magazine loses millions each year. Horrace has proposed establishing a seperate entity of the AMA as a for profit so that it can directly lobby our federal government for either support or recognition, as currently as i understand the non-profit status of AMA prohibits this. Horrace has proposed many other ideas to take the AMA into the 21st century, most of these proposals have been poopooed by the establishment of AMA.

You may not like Horrace's methods, but one thing has been shown here on RCU: If you go against the establishment of AMA, they authorize your persecution within your district. Unfortunatly we need some heavy handed action to break up this "good ole boy" network within the AMA that is desperately trying to hang on with it's fingernails. These "good ole boys" in the AMA are the same one's who in another thread said at their club you could be arrested for tresspassing if you come out to their field un-invited.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
P-51B

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

Al Gore...as he invented R/C

LOL!! Good one.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
P-51B

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

By the way, here is a question loosely associated with the election.

Why isn't it pre-paid for me to send it back?

I figure if they can afford to send me a notice that my annual membership is due...but its already paid...and my card will arrive in a later mailing (life member), surely they can afford to pay for me to send my vote in....
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No published candidate in this race is going to deal with the fact that MA magazine loses millions each year.
Except for DM who said he and others are personally working with an outside auditor to see how they can restructure MA and to preserve it's current status which is simply to have it to continue to show up at your door once a month. Dave and the other candidates have all addressed concerns and methods of restructure. I guess they just weren't too extreme for your liking.

Anyone can exploit the obvious, which is that MA costs more then it brings in. But in reality simply raising rates to produce results will not always have positive effects. Sometimes it does work, but in this case the entire advertising and marketing industry has taken a 180 degree turn ever since the Internet rolled out. It single handedly changed the way the entire industry works and it's effects take more then simple solutions to make it work the way you want it too.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
JUGFLIER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will support any recommendation in that report that would make Model Aviation a more efficient operation, and that would ultimately reduce the amount of member dues allocated to the magazine. However, the two primary sources of revenue for any magazine are advertising income and revenue generated from subscriptions. Since I don’t believe any magazine could survive without some income from subscribers I suspect no matter what changes are made to the way Model Aviation operates, there will still be a need to allocate some dollar amount from member dues (members are in essence MA’s subscribers) to the magazine. I’d want that number to be as small as possible.
Dave

Dave's actual quote. Notice the review is taking place but notice what he says he will actually support.

So in the end we need to balance the objective of any given form of communication against the financial analysis of that particular form. I will always keep maximizing the benefit to our members as the primary concern when looking at issues such as Model Aviation. But it needs to be recognized that MA is not a stand alone publication that lives or dies based solely on its ability to generate revenue.

Hanson's quote.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Which part are you talking about? His stance is right on key for my personal liking.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
JUGFLIER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Which part are you talking about? His stance is right on key for my personal liking.

Rgr. STL,
Thats why we are having an election. People need to see the issues to make a good decision.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I still don't understand what your talking about. Why don't you highlight and explain your stance, that would be helpful to the conversation.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
JUGFLIER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

STL, there is another thread on the ways to fix MA magazine, this is not the one. My only statement in bringing it up is to show that it is one of the big issues in this election.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've had to step in here and remove a post and the replies to that post. I removed them because a member was attacked about his reasoning for who he voted for. That is not the purpose of this thread. This thread is here to get a general idea of how the election is progressing. Nothing more, nothing less. If members would like to discuss the merits of their particular candidate I encourage them to start a new thread. But no matter what, it's not allowed to attack a member for his choices. Let's keep this thread on track here guys.

Thanks

Ken
Old 10-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Mode One

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I think most know whom I voted for and it was ONLY for demographical and topographical reasons only.

Viva New York!
Interesting, I would never think anyone would know; or, for that matter, even care who I voted for!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service