Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Have you reviewed an AMA "Insider"?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Have you reviewed an AMA "Insider"?

Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have you reviewed an AMA "Insider"?

Have you reviewed an AMA "Insider"? If not, may I suggest you do so?

http://www.modelaircraft.org/insider/index.html

This November issue is an excellent one. The humor is really great.

Now since I am accuswed of just complaining here, I also try to praise when praise is definitely due.

This email was mailed to AMA:
>>>>>>>>
TO: [email protected]
CC: [email protected], [email protected], JorL [email protected]

MS Ashley:

Outstanding Publication. Really great. Love the humor along with good information from "Nice to know" to really significant information.

Had some trouble getting it but went to website and all is well.

Superior Job well done and IMO, above and beyond the call of duty.

Horrace Cain
AMA L-93
<<<<<<<<
Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Have you reviewed an AMA "Insider"?

Horrace,

If you will notice, this is not a thread that, "Bashes", the AMA. If you will also notice, there is a dire lack of posting in reply to your initial post. What's up with that?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 AM
The Toolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, that was a good job + I learned a coupla things out of the info also. Good to see the little article about the Burma Shave signs also.
Little short articles like these for instance (glow plugs) are sometimes better than a big long drawn out version. He's using the KISS method an it looks like he is doing a great Job.

Ronnie
Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
KidEpoxy

Hoss-
Thanx for the link, havent had time to hit all the corners of it yet, but interesting way to put info out.

Stick-
Yeah, it is amazing how you dont see 400 posts between the 1am Hoss post this and the 6am you start the negativity.

Stick, there is a simple reason nobody is posting,
this is a positive thread.
And folks dont want to be positive... folks like you.

While you keep saying we dont post positive stuff, here it is: A positive thread on how AMA is doing something good in Hoss's view- even a copy of Hoss's praisemail to Muncie is up here. So I see you capitolized on the positive waves to take a shot at the low reply count rather than continue the positive momentum of the thread.

Stick, try saying something nice about AMA once in a while instead of just hitting folks you feel are not AMA enough. You have said a bunch of times how much you wnat positive posts, and yet again you blew your chance to say positive things yourself. Try to hit the standard I just did when I started this post, stop the hate for 5mins & say something nice about what muncie did.... try to be as pro-muncie as those you lable haters.

Oooh, look-
right now is a great time for you to start a nice positive thread on something you saw Muncie/District/Club/Member do. Right now, here... now. Just start the positive thread about something great. Since the common theme here is that only 5 guys are bashers, if just 1 in 10 non-bashers started positive threads, the negative threads would be swamped & lost off the topic list to archive obscurity. If we could just get the positive guys to stop slinging hate long enough to start positive threads (like Hoss did)
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, let's not let this thread get off topic like this. Let's keep the thread talking about the AMA "Insider" and not take off on other tangents. If these other topics need to be discussed then I suggest a new thread be started, but this is not the proper place to discuss this issue.

Ken
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Mike in DC

So, how is this newsletter advertised? Will they send you an email with a URL in it? RSS?

--Mike
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
KidEpoxy

Mike-
there is a Subscribe thingy in the left margin,
give that a shot & let us know if that has anything freaky associated with it or if it is smooothe sailing
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike in DC

So, how is this newsletter advertised? Will they send you an email with a URL in it? RSS?

--Mike
As I recall, Mike, the AMA Insider was originally set up as a "Heads-Up" communication to Charter Club via the Club's Newsletter Editors, and AMA officers. I was a NL editor when I received my first one. Now I still get the notices. It does provide New Letter editors with some useful info. not centered on the local club. I find it mostly well done and it covers some subjects not always on the head lines.

Go to the web site, "publications" and subscribe. I think you only have to pay postage at email rate.