AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Analysis of Evidence ???

Old 12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Analysis of Evidence ???

AMA Vice President, AMA District II, Dave Mathewson is now AMA President Elect to start Jan. 01, 2008. Mr. Mathewson was reelected in 2006 to serve as DVP for 2007-8-9. His term has two years remaining.
>>>>>>>
AMA Bylaws requirements:

Article IX.

AMA Bylaws: ARTICLE X
Section 2.

In the event of a vacancy during a regular term by death,
incapacity, inactivity, resignation, impeachment, removal from office or
transfer out-of-district of any AMA official, the following procedure shall be
used to replace him to fill out the remainder of his term:
(1) The Executive Council may replace a Vice President as follows:
When a vacancy occurs during the regular term of an elected Vice President,
two nominees for his replacement are to be selected by the outgoing Vice
President (or by the Executive Council in the event of the demise,
incapacity, or inaction of the Vice President), one of whom shall be
currently an active Associate Vice President in that district
. Any nominee
must be qualified for the office of District Vice President as provided in
Article IX. An election shall be conducted by AMA Headquarters by
mailing ballots to all Open members of the District
. A plurality vote shall
elect. A period from date of mailing to close of receipt of balloting will be
established by the Executive Council.
When a vacancy occurs within three months of the end of the current
term of office, or when a Council meeting is called or scheduled during
the nominating and voting period, the outgoing Vice President (or the
Executive Council in the event of his demise, incapacity, or inaction)
shall make an interim appointment from among the active Associate
Vice Presidents in the district.
<<<<<<<<

Now that an election is required, has it yet begun? Has any D-2 member received a ballot? The vacancy exists some 2 weeks / 2 days from this date>

Mr. Mathewson has selected a frequent poster to this forum as one to leak out the new program to be officially released by AMA next month. [:-]
>>> STL in another thread: "Welp, just got he mail, my DVP was nice enough to send me the entire Park Pilot program package and now it's time to goto work."

In another thread, STL is asked,
ORIGINAL: The Toolman
"Whats in it for you?
Ronnie"

STL answers: "TBA."

So, my question from the above evidence, Will STL become a member of the LEADER AMA Members, and either run for the vacant D-II DVP position against one of the current AVPs or will he become an appointed Assoc. DVP?

OR will the EC just "appoint" STL as an interim DVP under the 3 month option which will be a flagrant violation of the Bylaws? It seems that I recall something like that a few years ago. Could be very wrong about that.

Yet, I do see something building that just may be close to pork barrel politics. [sm=pirate.gif]
Old 12-16-2007, 03:08 PM
The Toolman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Analysis of Evidence ???

Well I tell ya what Hoss, if I find out that stl has anything to do with the ama like that, this will be the last year that me an the wife will belong to the org. Our club only has 10-12 members and the owner said he has plenty of insurance for the field anyway.

I wonder what the boys over on the P-B forum will think about this also.

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are the guys running for D2 going to get a page in MA to talk to the district about their stand on stuff,
or a D2 subforum here?

Wonder if it will be a real ballot
or the choice between one of the AVPs and some clown off the street to make everyone vote for the chosen AVP.

But on the bright side,
they wont get the One Name Ballot so common in AMA
Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Are the guys running for D2 going to get a page in MA to talk to the district about their stand on stuff,
or a D2 subforum here?
NO! District election doesn't go there.

But on the bright side,
they wont get the One Name Ballot so common in AMA
One name ballots are the total fault of the AMA membership. If there are 2 or 3 member-nominees, they will be on the ballot, if qualified. When there are 4 or more member-nominees, the EC selects those that -- IMO -- they have the least to fear from.
There is little excuse for one-name ballots. Each district candidate/incumbent should be presented with at least one person to have to run against. So you folks out there get busy, get qualified, and quit just squawking. [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
The Toolman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know Hoss. I was (elected) in politics around here for 5 years an then I quit because of the BS an other stuff that went on in there. They would just sneak around an do what they wanted no matter what.

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been modeling for over 50 years and if STL gets the post, that's it for me.
I've got to put up with his BS on this forum, I'll be d***ed if I have to listen and deal with it in the EC meetings.
All he's interested in PF's and how they will increase his business.
Wonder whatever happened to HIS PF orgainization the he said was so easy to set up, and what of the Central Park program.
Like I said, just a lot of BS that he now wants to bring to the EC.
Jon
Old 12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has anyone noticed that this is the longest that a thread has existed here in the AMA forum without Dion making a post himself. If he becomes the DVP for that district, I will make a solemn promise to do everything that is possible to see that our new President is a One Term Wonder. Are you listening Dave? This would be the single worst possible occurrance for the AMA. This guy has been vocally anti-AMA, and then about 6 months ago he waffled, and now is pro AMA. Am I the only one who noticed that?

That thought chills me to the bone.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
ira d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Has anyone noticed that this is the longest that a thread has existed here in the AMA forum without Dion making a post himself. If he becomes the DVP for that district, I will make a solemn promise to do everything that is possible to see that our new President is a One Term Wonder. Are you listening Dave? This would be the single worst possible occurrance for the AMA. This guy has been vocally anti-AMA, and then about 6 months ago he waffled, and now is pro AMA. Am I the only one who noticed that?

Bill, AMA 4720
Yes it is strange that STL is so silent in this topic, he always seems to have a answer
for everything.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
abel_pranger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dang! Hoss-

Ain't fair to do that so far from Apr 1.

Abel
Old 12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Interesting reading.

Hoss, beware of assumptions. Whatever you ''assume'' to be possible or impossible will have a tendency to become real for you.

You're word for the day: SYLLOGISM, n. A logical formula consisting of a major and a minor assumption and an inconsequent. (See LOGIC.)
Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 PM
The Toolman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes it is strange that STL is so silent in this topic, he always seems to have a answer
for everything.

It just took the genius that couldn't spell stupid the right way in another thread awhile to come up with something that looked intelligent.

He had to make sure he looked the word up first, so he could get it spelled right. hehe

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2007, 08:52 PM
F106A

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"You're word for the day: SYLLOGISM, n. A logical formula consisting of a major and a minor assumption and an inconsequent. (See LOGIC.)"

It's YOUR, not YOU'RE, which is a contraction for "you are".

Heaven help the EC when he tries to take it over.
Jon
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Stickbuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ira d

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Bill, AMA 4720
for everything.
Yeah, he has an answer allright, except for what you ask him.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So the question becomes, who has contactws Dave and spoken of their feelings? Has Dave been made a ware of his potential miss step by anyone who is so concerned as to post here? The postings areimportant, butto assume Dave knows how you feel is dangerous.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Interesting reading.

Hoss, beware of assumptions. Whatever you ''assume'' to be possible or impossible will have a tendency to become real for you.
Let's see, Dion: In one thread, within this forum, you said you did not have a crystal ball. Shortly after, you posted that you had brought your crystal ball to work with you. Can I "assume" that you just bought a crystal ball between those posts and that assumption is real, or would reality be that your crystal ball is strictly a figment of YOUR imagination, and your sense of reality changes between posts.
For me, reality exists only within what I touch, see, feel, and/or taste.

You're word for the day: SYLLOGISM, n. A logical formula consisting of a major and a minor assumption and an inconsequent. (See LOGIC.)
"You're" is a contraction for "You are". Are you saying, "You are word for the day "SYLLOGISM...?" That is, at best, very poor use of the English language, Dion. How can I be "word for the day?" Doesn't compute, STL.

Actually Dion, I like this syllogism definition better "deductive reasoning".

Ok, here is some more deductive reasoning for all:

In all reality, I don't think there is any chance of Dion becoming the D-2 VP. That would be too much of a slap in the face to the current AVPs. However I am no cherry to being wrong.

OTOH whoever runs for the job to fill DMs vacancy may well be "agreeable" to making Dion an Associate VP, therefore opening the door to whatever in the near future, even to not running against him in the next D-2 election 2 years from now.

If Dion does not want to be into that part of AMA, he could well be fit into a nice fat-cat job at AMA, where he could well push his school programs right from AMA headquarters. [X(]

It just really burns me that DM would pick this AMA amateur in which to sneak previews out to RCU people. As for the Fly RC ad, AMA is well aware of the timing of the magazine's publication schedule, therefore that leak just had to be planned.

As Franklin Roosevelt said, "Nothing in politics happens by chance. Whatever does happen, you can bet that it was planned." Far too many people in today's world just don't have the insight to see that as time unfolds. IMO, someone in AMA definitely has a personal agenda, and it doesn't appear that anyone will ever move to oppose it.

BTW, I got my invitation to attend an AMA sponsored Dinner in Muncie, Horizon Convention Center, to honor Dave Brown's 12 years as AMA Pres., Sat. Jan 26, 2008. How about that? I have no clue as to who all, how many, or any reason for my invitation, or whatever concerning this fiesta. Have to make my decision by Jan. 04. Could be a few answers to my deductive reasoning questions at that "hoedown".

Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK ... I'll play grammar expert too. If we are now going to spend each post correcting ones grammar, that will certainly raise the stock for RCU total posts.

Post 1: 4 grammatical mistakes.
Post 2: 1 spelling 2 grammar
Post 3: Kid Epoxy, he never uses grammar structure
Post 4: 3 grammar not including the usage of dashes
Post 5: 2 spelling and makes no grammatical sense
Post 6: 2 spelling, 2 grammar (the genius who likes to make fun of others spelling)
Post 7: 1 spelling, 1 grammar

OK ... that's enough for now ... I think you get the point.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
The Toolman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think you get the point.

Not unless you bend over an charge me like an old Bull.....LMAO

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
abel_pranger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

BTW, I got my invitation to attend an AMA sponsored Dinner in Muncie, Horizon Convention Center, to honor Dave Brown's 12 years as AMA Pres., Sat. Jan 26, 2008. How about that?
If you need any help paying for the gold Timex, let me know.

Abel
Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Interesting, all this because I took the time to ask my DVP for a preview of the Park Pilot program.

So .... this is what it's like to be in the middle of yet another AMA conspiracy.

SSRCPrez, don't bother, I'm political, not a politician. And the day I need to depend on the AMA to make a dollar in this world, is the day I'll be 6' under this earth, I thought I made that point clear some time ago.

Have fun boys and hillbillies, I'll let you guys take it from here.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
The Toolman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

BTW, I got my invitation to attend an AMA sponsored Dinner in Muncie, Horizon Convention Center, to honor Dave Brown's 12 years as AMA Pres., Sat. Jan 26, 2008. How about that? I have no clue as to who all, how many, or any reason for my invitation, or whatever concerning this fiesta. Have to make my decision by Jan. 04. Could be a few answers to my deductive reasoning questions at that "hoedown".

If they invite stl (slim chance) he'll be easy to spot. Just look for somebody with a t-shirt on that says "HELP ME, I'm talking an can't shut up"

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
STLPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Interesting, all this because I took the time to ask my DVP for a preview of the Park Pilot program.

So .... this is what it's like to be in the middle of yet another AMA conspiracy.

SSRCPrez, don't bother, I'm political, not a politician. And the day I need to depend on the AMA to make a dollar in this world, is the day I'll be 6' under this earth, I thought I made that point clear some time ago.

Have fun boys and Hoss, thanks for the compliment.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
F106A

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Strange that he would give it to you, the one person that's been harping about PF's for years and how they, and only they will save AMA.
I wonder why, and who, appointed you the "chosen one".
Jon
Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A thread designed to personally attack, ridicule and discredit STL. Congratulations, I think this forum has reached an all time low. Any "outsider" looking in upon this crap has got to think that this forum is a pretty ugly place to be for pretty ugly people.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Removed from: All Forums >> RC Airplanes >> AMA Discussions

Reason: Personal attack on STLpilot

Ken
Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This thread went south very quickly after it was started. I initially removed the entire thread, but under an agreement with Hossfly I've cleaned the thread up, restored it, and then locked it down.

Ken

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service