AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FREQUENCY USE PF

Old 01-08-2008, 11:14 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FREQUENCY USE PF

How would a existing club located on City land adjacent to a park insure frequency control? Also how does a existing club keep it's present flying site that is located on city property adjacent to a park when the all flying is banned on city property due to a accident that occurs in the park and not on the flying site??
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FREQUENCY USE PF

all the parkies will be on 2.4 ss stuff, or so the management wishes. a freq sharing agreement otherwise.

as to the second question, well, they don't.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 AM
KidEpoxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FREQUENCY USE PF

If we are dealing with a hypothetical,
that a bunch of AMA PPP guys are running amuck in the park next to your club.
Then My take is the following:

Freqs: The club has to share with other clubs. Other than that, as AMA members you would probably want to share with AMA PPP guys that ask for clear freqs to use inthe park. Barring that, you are in the age old problem of members of the public wanting to use public freqs... the club is required to work it out by AMA while the public parkie guys dont really have that req. First come gets to use the freq till they are done with it, your club probably has hours of operation, and some parkie can simply turn on his TX 2 mins before that time to be 'using' the freq.... the Fed says you have to wait your turn for a public freq thats already in use.

City RC Ban: Uh, again, if we are talking about AMA PPP guy in park had an accident, he had insurance so why would the city get that uptight about it. If the club is already on City property, then the city is already aware of the $mils of Site (protect city) insurance the club has, it would take serious over reacting to kick off a leasee with $mil insurance to get back to a vacant lot with probably far less site insurance held by the city.

IF you are talking in the hypothetical.
If this really happened, uh... wow, you are hosed.