Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Web ALERT Futaba 2.4 GHZ

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Web ALERT Futaba 2.4 GHZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA Web ALERT Futaba 2.4 GHZ

http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/radioservice.aspx

Futaba 6EX, 7C and TM-7 Service Advisory Provided by Hobbico Posted on: 01/17/2008

>>>>" Recently we have learned that a very small number of the TM-7 modules, and 6EX and 7C FASST systems were incorrectly coded with a common code number during the manufacturing process. These units were subsequently sold prior to our awareness of the situation."
<<<<<

Lots of advice on AMA web.

Check it out if you are Futaba 2.4 Ghz.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:52 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Web ALERT Futaba 2.4 GHZ

Where or what is AMA web?
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: JL1

Where or what is AMA web?

[link=http://www.modelaircraft.org]www.modelaircraft.org[/link]

Ken
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Try here JL1:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/radioservice.aspx

Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
LANNYBOB

it sure did take them long enough to post this information. were they waiting for 1 million planes to crash before they informed us. hmmm....
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Live Wire

That is what happens when the people that make the radios PULL the strings

Conflicting code numbers.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Silent-AV8R

First, this issue has been burning up the Internet for 2 weeks. Hobbico got the ONLY two reported problem radios back in Champaign last Friday. They reviewed the situation and released the advisory quoted in the above link on Thursday. Futaba/Hobbico is being extremely proactive and transparent and the AMA passed along the advisory as soon as it was released, what more did you expect??

And LannyBob you are well aware of this since you have made several posts in the other threads. You know perfectly well the timing. So why the disingenuous remark??

Oh well.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
The Toolman

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Live Wire

Very interesting these things have been on the market way befor they started selling them for RC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92670.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	858456  
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
The Toolman

Sooooooo...whats that got to do with the radios?

Ronnie
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

Sooooooo...whats that got to do with the radios?

Ronnie:
This could be some useful information relative our radios. 2.4 has been accepted as the answer to our frequency problems. I am a real dunce when it comes to electronic things however this is happening in my house.
I had 2.4 telephone system with wireless phones around the house. My TV system is 6.o GHz. No probleems!

A few months ago I instituted a better phone system with system voice mail rather that answering service on one phone. It is also 6.0 GHz. Guess what, SOMETIMES the TV acts like there is a Thunderstorm in the way when the Telephone rings. SOMETIMES the sign comes on the TV, "Incoming call," with number and name of the caller, like on the phones. Sometimes when the phones do their little exercising talking to themselves, the TV does a dance and the lost satellite sign comes on and off.

NOW I said SOMETIMES! So in my dum-dum mind, I am beginning to think that these frequencies just may have some problems that I am not being told about.

Therefore if I have some experiences that I fully do not understand, I think I just may be a bit more cautious in my use of the equipment. Kind of like my old aviation cliche, "It's not so much what you don't know that will get to you, but that which you know for sure that ain't so can bite your shorts big time."

Personally I rather welcome any background info. that provides more to consider.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
BigSTIK40flier

I love how people are blowing this way out of proportion. "OMG Futuba 2.4ghz problem?!? skys falling ZAP!!" There has been 2 reported cases, and I bet it was a user error(turning the transmitter on then off too fast) and resetting the GUID, and then being stupid enough to relink their TX & RX.

Idiocy can explain alot in this hobby.

I have a FASST 6EX with 4 606FS RX's none have had to be relinked since day 1 that I've had them.

Good tips.

1. allow enough time for the TX to go thru its boot process before shutting off, should be around 5-8secs
2. Turn your RX on first for 5 secs to make sure someone else has not linked with your rx somehow.
3. If your TX no longer talks to your rx, dont twiddle your thumbs and ask WTH and then relink. Pack your plane in and send off the TX to futuba.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
The Toolman

Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Silent-AV8R

Futaba wouldn't be in such a tizzy over this if it was just 2 cases. You probably believe everything the Gov. says also.

Ronnie
Yep, you caught them. LIARS!! Damn LIARS!! I say!!! The only reasonable explanation is that this is a far more widespread issue than they let on. There just is simply no other possible reason for them to be spending time on this.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Futaba wouldn't be in such a tizzy over this if it was just 2 cases. You probably believe everything the Gov. says also.

Ronnie

I haven't noticed Futaba being in a tizzy over it, just the folks on the internet chat rooms that have been speculating for the past weeks about the two or three known incidents.

To me, it seems like Futaba has heard of the issue, investigated it, found the cause, and notified the public for corrective action in a short period of time.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
The Toolman

They have?????????????

Ron B.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

well it seems the problem has been known about since "Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!! - 1/5/2008 3:09:37 PM " and only as of a week ago did they confirm what was being said in the post that i swiped the title and date from. so yes they took care of it rather rapidly. there have only been TWO confirmed cases of this happening. just that there are many more unconfirmed cases of this happening. there really hasnt been need to panic. i have a 7C and its doing fine. and as you see from the title of the forum posting on the problem you are talking about maybe 20 days or less so yes they have Ron B.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
The Toolman

Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

well what can i say nothing worth getting worked up for if they are working to fix the problem eh. wow with that kind of attitude do you stay indoors a lot afraid the gubment is coming to get you. not saying the world is perfect but man i just cant live with that kind of negativity in my life. i trust that if i use my radio according to the guidelines they have suggested i might not have a problem and if i do i will know well before i get off the ground i can just turn my radio over and they will in good faith fix it. i wouldnt have purchased a futaba if that wasnt going to be the case and if it turns out not to be the case then i wont buy from them again. you did miss the part where i said there were more unconfirmed cases beyond the two so i didn't exactly say those two were the only ones just the only ones futaba knew about enough to issue their statement on the issue.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
onewasp

found the cause, and notified the public for corrective action in a short period of time.

They have?????????????

ROTFLMFAO

Ron B.

I'm with you!
I think it is called a form of 'blind faith'----no facts.

Julez has been very open on this and has experienced the phenomena----------. I'll believe something has been done when I see it from him.
As of this moment he has posted nothing further--------and they do have his Tx in hand 'confirmed'.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Nathan_L

I doubt many in this forum read the car forums...but I read at the rock crawling nationals (or whatever they call them) last year they had severe problems with 2.4ghz radios. I'm not sure what they ever came up with - and obviously if your truck turns left instead of right it's not a big deal as compared to aircraft.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Nathan_L

I doubt many in this forum read the car forums...but I read at the rock crawling nationals (or whatever they call them) last year they had severe problems with 2.4ghz radios. I'm not sure what they ever came up with - and obviously if your truck turns left instead of right it's not a big deal as compared to aircraft.
Very interesting. Haven’t heard that before but as you pointed out, I don't frequent the car forums much.

BTW if you have any links that might make good reading about SS conflicts/problems in the R/C car world I am sure some of us would be very interested.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 PM
busted2props
My Feedback: (9)

the jest of this: I wanna see your TV answer the phone. Better yet, I would like to see the TV dance! Now, I have seen several 2.4ghz radios work together. No problem. I'm with LCS, it would be great if we can find more info on interference via other R/C applications. I would also like to find out how many of these radios, with the same coding were sent out, and if they (Futaba) can track them.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Nathan_L

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Nathan_L

Very interesting. Haven’t heard that before but as you pointed out, I don't frequent the car forums much.

BTW if you have any links that might make good reading about SS conflicts/problems in the R/C car world I am sure some of us would be very interested.
I remember reading it here in the Rock Crawler forum sometime last year after thier big meet. I also read it on www.rccrawler.com I think but I don't have a direct link. I don't think they ever came to a conclusion other than a lot of interference all on the 2.4 stuff and not the FM band.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Thanks!

I looked around a little bit and haven't found the info yet but I am amazed at the apparent interest in this one aspect of R/C modeling...very cool. Maybe they need to be made aware AMA also extends membership to them as well...of course, maintaining flight on the other side of the flight line might be a little difficult for them... For those that are humorously challenged...that was a joke about the flying but AMA really does provide R/C car enthusiasts memberships as well...not well known...maybe just ignored since most airplane guys do not wish to be associated with the outrageously insane car guys... another joke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.