Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

List of PPP chartered clubs

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

List of PPP chartered clubs

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of PPP chartered clubs

With my PPP card in hand,
I'm wondering where all the new PPP clubs are.... you know, where I can fly my FFF in quiet at an urban club.

Do we have a Club Locator that lists them?
Or a list of PPP clubs somewhere online that I can browse.

Point me at them, I'm itchin to go fly some foam!
We are 3 month in, lets see some clubs I can reach from south Texas.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: List of PPP chartered clubs

Here is one: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...%2Cpark/tm.htm

Oh wait, it was SUPPOSED to be one, my mistake...[X(]
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Kid, You're more then welcome to stop by the Badius Boys Flying Club. We do not discriminate, we allow any AMA, PPP, or nothing at all card to fly. Since it is an Outlaw field, we set the rules. I don't know if you would call it urban though, it's on approx 25 acres of farm land. Bit of a drive though for you, from TX to PA, might have to do it on a 3 day holiday weekend.

You know speaking of the PPP, I signed up for the assistance program as soon as it was made available, have not heard a peep from any of the new group asking for anything.

And while I'm on a roll I've come up with the answer to the 60 mph/ 400 foot limits that has become such a concern.
And it will make the AMA even more money. PF'ers signing up will have to install an AMA provided(at a price of course) gizmo the reads speed and altitude. Your plane must have this installed to fly at the PF fields, etc, and to make your insurance coverage valid.
Here's how it would work, if your plane exceeds either of the speed or altitude rules, the gizmo self destructs, blowing the plane to smithereenes. The tiny pieces will fall to earth harmlessly. Problem solved.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 AM
KidEpoxy

Here's how it would work, if your plane exceeds either of the speed or altitude rules, the gizmo self destructs, blowing the plane to smithereenes. The tiny pieces will fall to earth harmlessly. Problem solved
That is a lot better than giving the Gizmo your credit card number
& having it Remote-AutoJoin $58 Open AMA if you break 60/400

Thanx for the Invite,
but I paid for PPP and would like to fly at one of them PPP clubs.
Heck, if I drop PPP I can fly my foam at Tyler with or without it (no city 60/400 rule).

Come my fellow PPP brethren,
tell me about your PPP planes only clubs, or club locator
Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
JUGFLIER

I heard there was one coming to Central Park.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

I heard there was one coming to Central Park.
Jug, see post #2!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
JUGFLIER

WTG B, you beat me to it.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Glacier Girl

Kid, you have your PPP card? I'm a little upset. I was just looking on the AMA website. How come you get $50.00 in discount coupons, and me as a full AMA don't?

That ain't right you guys are getting special treatment, I shop at those places too. Waaaaa!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome!
... to the exciting world of Radio Control (RC) model aviation. On this Web site is information and a few simple tips that will help you to have hundreds of hours of fun and enjoyment with your new model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebates:
Offset the cost of your new Park Pilot Membership! When you join you will receive rebate coupons in your membership package worth upto $50.00 Our partners include: Hobbico, Ready to Fly Fun, Hobby-Lobby, RC Micro World, and Rotory Modeler. Check out their web sites to see all the products they offer.

(top)
Old 04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
KidEpoxy

Did they mention how many planes I have to buy to save $50 ?
A stack of $5 off $50-$150 items dont help the master of the Ramen Noodle....I still have a few boxes of $0.25 StoveTop Stuffing from the after christmas dump in Feb .

Of course, I really liked getting the packet just about 30 days after I signed up in Jan, the packet with the coupons that expire end of Feb. Postmarked Feb4 with Feb29 expirations to buy a Futaba 6ch set, TritonJr, 3 planes & a chopper.... yeah.... Not gonna buy all that in the 3 weeks before they expire.[:@]
Old 04-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Glacier Girl

Kid, What, would you expect any less from the AMA?
Figures they'd do that.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
KidEpoxy

<bump>

Anyone found out how we can locate Urban PPP clubs yet?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Just a rough translation here for those of us slow on the uptake: KidE is trying to point out that there are no PPP clubs for him to join.

So, get four of your closest friends together, each throw $6 in the pot, and charter one! Be a maverick! Be a pioneer! Be the first!

"The AMA" is not going to make clubs for you.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:09 PM
STLPilot

Like most people opposed to the PPP, as well as any other new AMA policy or employee, these people need their answers and they want them now.

Hey Kid why don't you utilize your new PPP resources and contact one of your local PPP Partners for the specific PPP questions that you have. Remember this is not the official AMA forums, this is just a web portal for RC discussion and complaining.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
KidEpoxy

Hey Kid why don't you utilize your new PPP resources and contact one of your local PPP Partners for the specific PPP questions that you have
Please refer to post #3.
But if it makes you feel better, I'll make it official-

From GlacierGirl: "You know speaking of the PPP, I signed up for the assistance program as soon as it was made available, have not heard a peep from any of the new group asking for anything."

GlacierGirl,
as an actual AMA signed up PPP helper, do you have anything that could help me(PPP cardholder) with this,
that you have been holding back because I havent officially asked you via Indiana?

Wonder if I can PM ole VA Frank for getting some PPP help, or will he not help me because I havent called Indiana? Just what are the restrictions on signed up helpers to provode help? Who told Glacier when he is & isnt allowed to help?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
STLPilot

Wonder if I can PM ole VA Frank for getting some PPP help, or will he not help me because I havent called Indiana? Just what are the restrictions on signed up helpers to provode help? Who told Glacier when he is & isnt allowed to help?
Again, this isn't the AMA's forum, you're just yelling into a bucket. If you want these questions, and it seems you want them now, why don't you just start at the AMA website and move forward????

But no matter what your outcome of answers, all of us here know the PPP came to life only 3 months ago.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Glacier Girl

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Hey Kid why don't you utilize your new PPP resources and contact one of your local PPP Partners for the specific PPP questions that you have
Please refer to post #3.
But if it makes you feel better, I'll make it official-

From GlacierGirl: "You know speaking of the PPP, I signed up for the assistance program as soon as it was made available, have not heard a peep from any of the new group asking for anything."

GlacierGirl,
as an actual AMA signed up PPP helper, do you have anything that could help me(PPP cardholder) with this,
that you have been holding back because I havent officially asked you via Indiana?

Kid, no problem. I'll send you and only you, cause I like you, the $6.00 you need.
I'm guessing with my moniker, nobody want's to ask a girl for help.
For the last time, I'AM NOT A GIRL, the airplane is called Glacier Girl. LOL

Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
KidEpoxy

I'm guessing with my moniker, nobody want's to ask a girl for help.
For the last time, I'AM NOT A GIRL, the airplane is called Glacier Girl. LOL
ROFL
...oh, no... I'm not gonna blow that one again

Thanx once again for the help attempt, & now the signed up organized help efforts