Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Some things don't really change.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Some things don't really change.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some things don't really change.

In the July issue of AMA's "MA" the newly reelected AMA Executive Vice President (EVP) -- THE AMA's CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER -- again doesn't bother to make any forecasts or remarks concerning AMA's financial status. IMO, there could well be some statements referencing AMA's financial future and especially regarding the large increase in insurance costs as alluded to by Pres. Brown, same issue.

However, your choice for this AMA position just promises to in the future parrot some other PAID group's work rather than venture forth with original information and predictions. Bad News: All the AMA membership is subject to what this person does -- rather DOES NOT do! Good News: IMO He is paid exactly the correct amount for what I perceive as his level of performance to AMA's betterment.

Horrace
Old 05-26-2003, 01:11 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Horrace and Doug

Horrace,

Sour grapes Horrace, his continued sniping at Doug is starting to reflect poorly on your character. The tribe has spoken, you lost, time to give it a rest!
Old 05-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Hossfly

Default Re: Horrace and Doug

Originally posted by s3nfo
Horrace,

Sour grapes Horrace, his continued sniping at Doug is starting to reflect poorly on your character. The tribe has spoken, you lost, time to give it a rest!

Sounds like you hate to be reminded of your choice.
The "tribe" gets no rest from this cowboy.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:03 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Horrace and Doug

Originally posted by Hossfly
Sounds like you hate to be reminded of your choice.
Wrong again. I chose Doug over the rest of the candidates as the best qualified. I did like some of your opinions and plans, but your qualifications (at least the qualifications you posed in your campaign statement) were seriously lacking. Should you decide to run again and if your campaign statement (which is all most people get to make a decision on) prove to provide better qualifications than anyone elses, I might vote for you, however, as I said in my initial response, your character is beginning to show some tarnish. Sour grapes prove only one thing, that your bitter that the majority didn't choose you and appearently the majority, like me, didn't see you as the best qualified. Nothing you've pointed out so far in your ill conceived diatribes has shown me that I was wrong in my choice.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:50 AM
Msaint
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Horrace and Doug

Originally posted by s3nfo
Horrace,

Actually Horrace is entitled to his opinion! Just as you are. I am and any other AMA member is.

Evidently you have your opinion as well as stated above.

So while we can all agree or disagree. No one can if no one speaks their mind!

While I may not always agree with Horraces opinions or methods at times. He makes us think!

He has brought attention to issues I would not have otherwise even known of. Issues that I feel any interested AMA member should know of.

If he feels fit to critique someone in office even someone who won over him then he has every right to do so. The Dems and Reps do it all the time.

So Horrace you keep right on making us think.

M
Old 05-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Live Wire

To bad there are people that have dropped of posting because they have been slammed ,bashed , Cut down and what ever. If were not for people speaking there mind there would not be a freedom that we know. Like to thank these guise for making facts known and to know what is going on and to change what we think should be changed!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:21 AM
GAP-RCU

At the very least, we have to tip our hats to Horrace for putting his money where his mouth is. Take a look at the contribution listing on page 136 of the July issue of MA. Thank you Mr. Cain!

Gary
Old 05-27-2003, 03:50 PM
rockmon

I think it's great when someone just comes out and says it like it is rather than beat around the bush till the trench is so deep noone can hear the drum. Keep up the good work Horrace. When you heading north??
Old 05-28-2003, 03:02 AM
Hossfly

Default Thanks Guys.

Originally posted by rockmon
I think it's great when someone just comes out and says it like it is rather than beat around the bush till the trench is so deep noone can hear the drum. Keep up the good work Horrace. When you heading north??
Mr. Rockmon, I'm looking at around the end of June. I delay as long as I can 'cause my toys are all here. A big ol' kid like me needs his toys. However the roommate does prevail after a while!!!

Thanks to all of you that gave me support. Really made for a nice day.
However, sn3fo is totally correct with one item. The current AMA EVP is eons better "Qualified" than this person. No doubt no argument. However, when one is so extremely well qualified, yet does not display an equitable degree of performance, then is there not something lacking in the true picture?

OTOH, this person is dedicated to model aviation, the AMA as prescribed in AMA Bylaws and purposes, and therefore will PERFORM. In addition everything I initiated, planned, did and/or performed would be right out there in the open for membership inspection. No secrets, nothing hidden.
Sour Grapes -- you bet because such a few controlled so many.
Tarnished character -- if being grossly unsatisfied with the status - quo of AMA's direction, as I see that direction, and I am not going to wave a white flag, then yep, there must be a bit of tarnish there.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default Posts

You know guys, if we don't like what some folks post or the way they post, we don't have to read it or respond to it, Hoss has the privilege of posting what he believes to be informative information, anybody has the privilege to post what they think of his opinion, we have the choice to ignore it. Although we have the freedom of speech, This website is personal property (more or less) , perhaps not fully compelled to respect the freedom of speech if they so choose. Although I don't always like Hoss's lack of tact, I choose to read his posts .
Old 05-28-2003, 12:48 PM
BillHarris

Right, Dave. Wasn't it Thomas Jefferson who said "I may not agree with what you said, but I defend your right to say it"? I may not always agree with Horrace, but he has to "right to blather".

There may be the freedom of speech with the government, but a discussion group like this can be thought of as a benevolent dictatorship.